Jeff Garcia - Fractured Left Fibula

cdnpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sucks for Detroit, Garcia is still a good QB and was a great backup for if Harrington struggled/got injured.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bet they wish they kept Mike McMahon now. I know I'm glad they let him go. Something about that guy man I didn't like seeing him in a Lions uniform.

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Lions have a new 3rd string QB :-?

Coach Steve Mariucci will keep Garcia on the roster if the prognosis is for him to return for a late-season playoff run.

"The decision isn't who the starter is," Mariucci said. "The decision is who you want to be the backup. Is it Dan, or is it somebody out there? Or is it Kevin Johnson as our third?"

Johnson, a wide receiver, played quarterback in high school. He took some snaps in practice Wednesday.

In five seasons with Cleveland, Johnson attempted seven passes and completed two. He threw a 33-yard touchdown pass in a 40-39 loss to Kansas City in a 2002 season opener.

Johnson would be strictly an emergency option -- if Harrington and Orlovsky were forced to leave in the same game.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit will probably be getting some good draft choices again this coming draft. If they ever get a QB, look out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts