Jayrone Elliott gets name recognition in locker room

D

Deleted member 6794

I want to see Elliott play vs. better competition over the next two preseason games.

Can we please get a player at ILB to make some noise!

IMO the ILBs have looked better in the 1-gap scheme in which they don't have to read the play and react accordingly.

E. Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they should move this kid to the first stringers, see what happens. I'd seriously consider cutting our losses with Nick perry and going with this guy IF he continues to bring it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least Elliott gets it:
"It was just a bunch of people telling me, 'Congratulations, good to finally see you there,'" Elliott recounted. "Just a bunch of family members going crazy thinking I'm freaking Clay Matthews."
He knows that he's nothing special and that 3 sacks like that is just a flash in the pan. He's got to keep proving it every day because, while impressive in and of itself, that mini-performance doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
McGinn had (IMO) a very good article about Elliott yesterday. It talks about the challenges of his upbringing and how well he’s done in TC so far.
Two executives in personnel that have watched tape of Green Bay's first two games said they'd prefer Elliott to Andy Mulumba, Nate Palmer, Bradford and Hubbard. "Elliott is a better prospect than Mulumba but not by much," one scout said. "Elliott has more athleticism. He can run. More natural than Mulumba." Elliott, 6 feet 3 inches and 252 pounds, played merely six snaps against the Titans and then just eight against the Rams. It was suggested by one scout that the Packers were hoping to slip Elliott through waivers and re-sign him to their practice squad if their decision is to release him in 12 days. "After people see that (his three-sack game) I don't think the Packers can get that guy through waivers," one personnel man said. "He did a really nice job. He's got a heck of a knack."
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ys-big-for-packers-b99332948z1-271781681.html
He certainly was under my radar in TC before the Rams game. I have liked Mulumba’s potential and still do – he’s 6-3 and 260 and is very athletic. Elliott is about 5 pounds lighter but may be even more athletic. The article relates Elliott’s 40 yard dash (4.77), and says no LB at the combine had a longer wingspan than Elliott’s 82 inches. And his 10 5/8ths inch hands were the second largest.

Thompson and McCarthy and staff have some very difficult decisions regarding OLBs and that’s a good thing. I would like to see Elliott against first teamers Friday and expect he’ll get snaps against second teamers. As the scout said, the “secret” of Elliott is out: Let’s see how far along he is.

Members online

Latest posts