Jay Glazer reports that Favre has asked to be traded

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre will be back, and we will be fine. I am somewhat surprised at how everyone feels Favre is easily replaceable. Having lived through the sixties and seventies I have seen what an average QB does with average to below average talent around him.

Once gone, you will wish Favre was back.

I don't think this is about money. Yes, in Moss' case it is however keep in mind that Cook is not his agent. So why would he play the packers and drive a rift between Favre and the Packers when it woudl clearly hurt him financially if Favre were to leave? No on else will pay Favre 12m this year.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss and Cook still work together in some aspects. and any player can fire an agent in a second.... dont think moss wouldnt pick up cook for the big paycheck next year.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
If you are going to enter the arena of complaining about things outside your job description you better have done everything you yourself could have done or don't say anything at all.

Giving a portion of your own potential salary isn't enough? Leaving everything you have on the field isn't enough to be allowed to voice his frustrations?

We are not talking about a nomad like TO here... Brett isn't the player he once was, but he is still above average. Brett has always backed the Packers play 100 percent, and given this fan base nothing but everything he has had on the field.

And what has he done but challenge the Front office for what he feels is lack of urgency. How do we know the rest of the players don't feel the same but are afraid to voice there opinion because they don't have the same security. If Brett was talking to DD, don't you think Driver might be getting frustrated with being doubled or tripled every play? We h

As far as the trade request... what other options does he have. We know how he feels about holding out while under contract. So to ask for a trade is the only option. If you have given everything you had to a company, and you don't see the company trying to do everything they can to be successful... sooner or later you will be wanting out. Whether it is your preception or reality.

This should also end any debate that Brett came back for the records.. HE WANTS TO WIN, as most in sports do...

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King came on the radio and said he was able to determine two things:

1. Randy Moss had no interest in going to GB once he heard NE was even a remote possibility (sometime in late March). However, Moss didn't tell Brett this because he wanted the positive "character reference" Brett had been providing the league on Moss.

2. Favre was not willing to take a paycut to land Moss. He was willing to restructure and take more upfront money (ie, reduce the cap hit) to get Moss. So, he wasn't "giving up" a portion of his salary. He would simply be moving money from his salary to a bonus of some sort. But, the cap hit wasn't what worried GB (it was the guaranteed money Moss wanted to play in GB initially - before NE got involved).

I still think TT could have handled this better but it seems like there is a lot here that Brett got snowed on or wasn't upfront about.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ex-Raiders coordinator rips Moss
Posted: Monday May 14, 2007 04:30AM ET

Former Raiders offensive coordinator Tom Walsh described a play in a loss to the Browns in which a play-action pass was called and Randy Moss was asked to run a square-in on the weak side. The linebacker was sucked up inside by the fake, according to Walsh, and Moss was expected to run the in-route. As Walsh recalled it, "He runs a 9 [deep go] route. "Andrew Walter makes the play-fake and a huge hole opens up for Randy in the middle of the field but he's running down the sideline. When Randy gets to the sidelines, [wide receivers coach] Freddie Biletnikoff says, 'What were you doing?' "Randy told Fred, 'I didn't feel like running the 6 route on the dirt part of the infield.' That's the Randy I coached. There were some games where out of 28 plays he'd have 13 or 14 busts. Wrong routes, wrong reads. ******* it. Whatever."

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it looks to me like Brett and the pack got played.

so get off the packers back for once. it looks like the deal just didnt happen and Favre spoke about things that in the end turned out false.
Favre shouldnt have said what he said, and now its gotten out of hand.

Members online

Latest posts