Javon Walker coulda been at Darrent Williams charity event

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I'm not buying him going to Vegas after signing a big time contract in the off season as a way for him to cope with something horrible that he witnessed.

He wasn't there to see a shrink or anything. He was obviously there partying. Why? He's an NFL Player with millions in his bank. That's why. While I'm not going to blame him for that, Javon Walker looks like he'd fit right in with the players potrayed in the movie Any Given Sunday.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Javon Walker coulda been at Darrent Williams charity eve

I have nothing but empathy for someone in Javon's situation. People who make obviously ill-advised decisions like he does are in need of help & probably too proud to seek it.

It saddens me to see so many of you with nothing but disdain for a man who gave so much to GB while he was on the team. How soon you forget.

What has transpired since his injury & subsequent de-valuation to the organization doesn't erase his accomplishments while wearing the Green & Gold. Peace.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It saddens me to see so many of you with nothing but disdain for a man who gave so much to GB while he was on the team. How soon you forget.
It saddens me that Javon Walker has nothing but disdain for an organization that gave him millions of dollars and the opportunity to play in th NFL. How soon he forgets.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

doughsellz said:

It saddens me that Javon Walker has nothing but disdain for an organization that gave him millions of dollars and the opportunity to play in th NFL. How soon he forgets.
DITTO Ironman.
Walker didn't do anything here for FREE. He got paid for it.

As far as Walker being too proud to seek real help......that i'll agree with. He's WAY too full of himsslf to ever admit he has a problem. Of course thats taking for granted that he really HAS a problem. I don't know whats in his head. Is he really that torn up over what he witnessed? I don't know. Saying for sure that he is, is just as much speculation as saying he isn't. We judge how we would react in a given situation by our own feelings. Some people are just cold hearted and only care about themselves. Is that the true way Walker feels? I don't know. He has lied in situations, so we know how good his word is.
I don't wish him bad things. I wish he would screw his head on straight and start acting like a man. Take resposibility for his actions, and change his life style.
Will he do that? I don't know.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon's performance really makes no difference. But since you bring it up, his first two years were quite disappointing.

He then had ONE good season which instantly turned him into an obnoxious headcase. He was threatening to retire after having one good season (for a top pick) out of three.

When I think of "giving" something to the team I think of sacrifice, playing through great injuries, showing great courage, being a good teammate, instructing the younger players, restructuring your contract to help the team, etc. When did Javon ever do any of those things? (Maybe he did play hurt, I can't recall.)

I don't know how you can think Javon gives anything to his team, he just forced his way out of Denver because he can't handle the thought of playing with another good wide receiver. Javon needs to have the best stats on the team! So now he can go rack up the losses and catches in Oakland, if he even sees the field.

I liked Javon as a Packer and he had great potential. But he turned bad after the Pro Bowl season, and let's face it, he's dumber than a bag of hammers.

In hindsight, we're lucky he went nuts so ridiculously early, because he would have undermined the great ball-sharing, downfield-blocking wide receiver corps we have now.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post Johnny.
Walker has put himself into the situation he is in. No one forced him to become a jerk. And you are right.........one decent season and he thinks he's Jerry Rice.
Walker's long list of bad choices put him into the bad places he has been in.
I feel sorry for the guy............he has so much, yet is so thankless for all that have helped him get to where he is. The Packers gave him a shot at the NFL, and for that he snubbed them. Denver gives him a shot to KEEP his NFL career going, and he snubs them.
Any guesses on what he does in Oakland?
Three for three maybe?
The guy is like school in the summer........NO CLASS!

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree, nobody can put themselves in Javon's shoes, or really know what he's going through after such a tragedy, you have to also compare what he is now, to what he was before. If you were to take Walker before the shooting occurred, would you not see him in Vegas partying the night away? If I'm not mistaken, didn't the drive-by happen coming back from a club/bar? So as much as I want to empathize with Javon, and really give him the benefit of the doubt, it seems like his attitude hasn't much changed since the incident.

He's still as selfish as before. He still parties as much as before. His decision-making hasn't changed. I can't pass a true judgment on this, because I don't know the exact situation. However, from what I see and hear it seems like Javon is the same person, making the same choices. And while you may call it classless for him to not spend much time around Darrent Williams related activities, I would give him the benefit of the doubt on that because who really wants to be reminded of such an event, especially if you were one of the only few people there.

To be quick, Javon is the same selfish Javon he's always been. He's no worse than before, but no better either.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats what i don't understand.........he was out clubbing when his co-worker got murdered. So.....if he doesn't want to be reminded of it........go out and do more clubbing????
Just seems like the exact same situation. Except this time he was the one that almost died.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Zombieslayer said:
cheesey said:
I'm not saying LT is wrong for his opinion, his opinio is just different then mine is all.

Oh, fo shizzle.
Heck, there's NOBODY I agree with 100% of the time.
I don't even agree with myself 100% of the time!!! :lol:

Ok. Cool.
I don't agree with you 100% of the time either. ;)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
Zombieslayer said:
cheesey said:
I'm not saying LT is wrong for his opinion, his opinio is just different then mine is all.

Oh, fo shizzle.
Heck, there's NOBODY I agree with 100% of the time.
I don't even agree with myself 100% of the time!!! :lol:

Ok. Cool.
I don't agree with you 100% of the time either. ;)
You don't??? :shock:
Since when??? :wink: :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

DITTO Ironman.

I know you are referring to on field primarily but he was active in the community too and to my knowledge was not financially compensated for it.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
DITTO Ironman.

I know you are referring to on field primarily but he was active in the community too and to my knowledge was not financially compensated for it.
That may be so........what happened to the man that caused him to become.........well.............a jerk?
He SEEMED to be a nice guy, who cared how he acted and what he did. Then ONE good season on the field, and he becomes T.O. without the talent.
Maybe his buddies kept feeding him on how GREAT he was......i don't know. I wish i DID know.
All we can judge him on is what he does. He partys, tells lies, brags on himself.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is - I have no problem with Walker partying until the sun comes up in Vegas, drinking lots of champagne, staying out all night, etc. The problem I have is doing it instead of doing what his murdered friend's mother asked him to do.

If you had a friend who was murdered and their mother asks you to show up at a function, you show up.

So if Walker wants to continue to party, let him. But that night was NOT the night to do it.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Zero2Cool said:
cheesey said:
DITTO Ironman.

That may be so........what happened to the man that caused him to become.........well.............a jerk?
He SEEMED to be a nice guy, who cared how he acted and what he did. Then ONE good season on the field, and he becomes T.O. without the talent.
Maybe his buddies kept feeding him on how GREAT he was......i don't know. I wish i DID know.
All we can judge him on is what he does. He partys, tells lies, brags on himself.

You can take this as truth or say I'm full of it, your choice. Javon was a very approachable, likeable guy until he started working out with Owens. He started hanging around a different crowd around that time. I don't know if it was coincidence or there is something more to it, but that was when he started to change. I tried having his back for awhile, but boy, if you keep putting your hand on the hot oven and get burnt, don't do it again.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't doubt what you are saying Zero. At first, he came across as a good guy to me too. And talk about a "role model"......TO??? Talk about a bad person to want to be like.
When you hang around with scum, chances are you are gonna turn out like them.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts