Javon gets his answer

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
Zero2Cool said:
Bill of Rights
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. (except P@ck66)

Hey Z2c, no political talk here. :rules:

if that was an attempt at being funny, go back to the drawing board

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same crap that Walker pulled last year...this is getting very old. I can't feed my family and i needed to think of #1. When you sign a multi year muti million dollar contract it sure makes it hard for a fan to see where these players are coming from. Hell we gave Amhan 5 million this year dosen't he think next year it would be his turn at the $$$$.

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TT is going to single-handedly ruin the Green Bay Packer football organization with his b.s....penny pinching attitude...

Unless he just likes to ONLY **** away millions of dollars on HC's that he intends to fire at the end of the season anyway...Some wise fiscal policy, financial responsibility, and money management techniques displayed on that move...eh everyone..?

My guess, is that this is TT's final parting shot at Brett Favre...knowing that the Packer's are going to suck this year, and that Favre isn't going to want to come back to a team that is stonewalling the greatest weapon that he's had in years..on this team..

Great job..TT..you *****...

You've finally gotten the card to make Favre show his hand....

(It's your team now...and you better not f*** it up....! But I know you will...)

Senseless, mindless, without reason, and 2+2 no longer equals 4 in your world, or anyone's, for that matter!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TT is going to single-handedly ruin the Green Bay Packer football organization with his b.s....penny pinching attitude...

You have got to be kidding me...

TT is going to "ruin" the Pack by not giving more money to a malcontent who has had only ONE good year (that's right, ONE GOOD YEAR) out of the four he has played for the team????

Granted, I have also made comments about TT being cheap as well, but his resigning of Kampmann shows he will spend money where it is both needed and beneficial to the team. Walker has proved to be neither, IMO.

As far as I am concerned, both GB and Philly took the correct approach to both Walker and T.O. last season. Giving into these primadonnas who feel the entire world revolves around them will only server to destroy the NFL.

Walker now has a choice has a choice to make:

Show up for camp in shape and play out the last year of his contract or be placed on the inactive list to rot on the bench the final year of his career. I doubt his marketability will have much upside after sitting out two straight years. Who exactly does he think he is fooling???

P@ck66 said:
My guess, is that this is TT's final parting shot at Brett Favre...knowing that the Packer's are going to suck this year, and that Favre isn't going to want to come back to a team that is stonewalling the greatest weapon that he's had in years..on this team..

Greatest weapon he has had in years? I am not sure what team you were watching last year... Walker wasn't contibuting a whole hell of a lot sitting on the bench with a torn ACL. He has had ONE good year in 2004... In 02 and 03 he didn't contribute much of anything; certainly not enough to deserve a reworked contract. So why exactly do you feel he deserves a raise, P@ck???

As far as your Favre comment goes, I believe it was already stated that Walker calims he has a great deal of animosity for Favre since his contract dispute last year, and this is the primary reason he wants out of GB. Do you actually think that they would be a winning combination in 06 now that all this dirty laundry has been aired out???

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

TT is going to "ruin" the Pack by not giving more money to a malcontent who has had only ONE good year (that's right, ONE GOOD YEAR) out of the four he has played for the team????

Granted, I have also made comments about TT being cheap as well, but his resigning of Kampmann shows he will spend money where it is both needed and beneficial to the team. Walker has proved to be neither, IMO.

As far as I am concerned, both GB and Philly took the correct approach to both Walker and T.O. last season. Giving into these primadonnas who feel the entire world revolves around them will only server to destroy the NFL.

Show up for camp in shape and play out the last year of his contract or be placed on the inactive list to rot on the bench the final year of his career. I doubt his marketability will have much upside after sitting out two straight years. Who exactly does he think he is fooling???

P@ck66 said:

Greatest weapon he has had in years? I am not sure what team you were watching last year... Walker wasn't contibuting a whole hell of a lot sitting on the bench with a torn ACL. He has had ONE good year in 2004... In 02 and 03 he didn't contribute much of anything; certainly not enough to deserve a reworked contract. So why exactly do you feel he deserves a raise, P@ck???

As far as your Favre comment goes, I believe it was already stated that Walker calims he has a great deal of animosity for Favre since his contract dispute last year, and this is the primary reason he wants out of GB. Do you actually think that they would be a winning combination in 06 now that all this dirty laundry has been aired out???

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My god....walker is so smart he has thius league figured out :puke:
Quotes:
1."I just don't like the way the organization runs itself," Walker said. "They want players to come up there and play hard and work hard, but when it comes time to be compensated, it's like, 'We forgot what you've done."'
Yeah thats why Kampman worked hard until the END of his contract and was compensated big-time....idiot. The same would have happened for you.
2."There's an unwritten rule that players stick together," Walker said.
Yeah tell that to your buddy TO and then shuve it.

God I hate this guy right now, trade him now. or make him retire i don't care just get him out of green bay and wisconsin, he's not good enough to play here.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
P@ck66 said:

[quote="P@ck66":3sr5j9ss]My guess, is that this is TT's final parting shot at Brett Favre...knowing that the Packer's are going to suck this year, and that Favre isn't going to want to come back to a team that is stonewalling the greatest weapon that he's had in years..on this team..

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley[/quote:3sr5j9ss]

Thank you, Anubis! You saved me the three minutes it would have taken me to type that. Well done,sir.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently a lot of rant about mostly nothing. Walker, T.O. and many other WR's now think the game revolves around them and only them. The NFL changed the rules to increase scoring via the airways and are now reaping the whirlwind of having made one player position on teams far more important then they are. All that money has gone to their heads and have made them believe they are indespenseable. Perhaps a simple solution would be to cap the amount teams are allowed to spend on WR's? Wouldn't that frost their toasty *****?

Leelee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they play hardball, like they are saying. Otherwise, we end up on the crappy side of a trade like with McKenzie. No trade!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
chibiabos said:
Perhaps a simple solution would be to cap the amount teams are allowed to spend on WR's? Wouldn't that frost their toasty *****?

Nice plan however the WR titbabies don't care what uniform they are in. They'd simply insult the QB, the team and demand to be cut or traded to a team that has the cash they want.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Hey..

All i'm saying man..is that if you have a company with a disgruntled employee...at some point..it is in your best interest to sit down with that employee and try to get to the bottom of his "gruntlement"...

Especially, if this employee has any value to you and your organization....

It is very well possible, if TT would have sat down with JWalk at some point and said,

"Hey..The GB Packers value your contribution to this organization and the fact that you didn't hold out last year, and in light of that fact, and your 2004 performance for the team..we are going to give you...say...$400,000 dollars for the '06 season, and if your performance is anywhere near what you did in '04...Do not worry..the GB Packer organization will take care of you because you are needed here....

That's all..just a little restructuring and a pat on the back....is not going to break the bank or cause any other problems...If this was a practice in the NFL..to reward the people who DO contribute beyond their contract....the players would look at the GB organization as one that takes care of it's players, and is a good place to play....

end of story...

give me a freakin break, 66!! i'm not sure what world YOU live in but in the REAL world, not many people get that proverbial pat on the back!!!!! i'm sick of these whiny *** WR's who are only interested in their own numbers & have no concept of TEAM!! i wish jwalk no ill will but do i think he's a jerk?? hell yes!! if this has been his attitude all along, then i say "don't let the door hit ya in the *** on the way out!" :bye:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
give me a freakin break, 66!! i'm not sure what world YOU live in but in the REAL world, not many people get that proverbial pat on the back!!!!! :

That's my whole point 4packgrrl..

Someone said in an earlier post...just play the game and you will be rewarded...

That's simply not true in the NFL...

You MAY be rewarded for playing above your contract, but then again..maybe you won't....YOu may be cut...or have to test the FA waters....

My point was..and is..that sometimes a show of good faith and a pat on the back by the organization goes a long way in securing loyalties in the NFL...

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
4packgirl said:
give me a freakin break, 66!! i'm not sure what world YOU live in but in the REAL world, not many people get that proverbial pat on the back!!!!! :

My point was..and is..that sometimes a show of good faith and a pat on the back by the organization goes a long way in securing loyalties in the NFL...

Loyalty? Geez 66, that was maybe 30 or 40 years ago. Today it isn't loyalty, it's all about money. Times have changed, you better catch up and stop watching those 1950's Gene Autry serials.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Actually...

I'm a Bonanza man...

(why were there never any women on that damned Ponderosa anyway...???)

....hmmmmm

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
That's simply not true in the NFL...

You MAY be rewarded for playing above your contract, but then again..maybe you won't....YOu may be cut...or have to test the FA waters....

That's the point, P@ck. Walker has not "played above his contract". He has 2 average years, one very good one and done nothing but whine, get injured and whine some more ever since. If Walker hadn't decided to become "little T.O." again this year and played out his contract, he would have been compensated much like Kampman was. However, the biggest difference between the two is Kampman has class and Walker is a greedy primadonna crybaby. Hence why Kampman has a new contract for big money, and Walker is facing a very early retirement with the Pack owning his *** should he ever wish to return to the NFL.

The one thing I don't understand about your arguement is this "a show of good faith and a pat on the back by the organization" comment. Last year when Walker started having hissy fits, he had a total of ONE good year out of three. I wonder what you would think if the entire GB defense threatened to hold out this year because they went from the 20-something ranked defense of the past couple years, to the top 10 D we have today. Would you as GM give them all a "show of good faith" (ie. a raise/reworked contract) and let that eat up all the cap space you could use to address the serious problems with our O-line and receiving corps???

Even Sherman wasn't that daft....

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's talent..Anubis...TALENT..

(someone with Javon's talent is hard to find in the NFL..and imo..should not be just "squandered" away...)

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
It's talent..Anubis...TALENT..

(someone with Javon's talent is hard to find in the NFL..and imo..should not be just "squandered" away...)

P@ck66:

One good year does not make a superstar.

Ask Kurt Werner, he knows.

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok too everyone who says lets move on, I would like to agree but I cant. first off where do we go to. These great receivers dont come along too often and make a tremondous impact on offense. look at last year when we didnt have him that offense was alot worse. suree id be for it if we could trade for liek chris chambers but we cant so lets just have him play

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the latest on Walker....can we take Ted Thompson at his word? Is he going to make Walker stay and honor the contract?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've posted before and am in agreement that Walker has had one good year. His agent wants to look at this years amount and consider it a joke but if you consider what he was paid from the start then he was grossly overpaid his first two years.
He had one great year and has been way to quick to jump and and ask to get paid like a WR that has been at a high level for YEARS not year.

McMVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I've posted before and am in agreement that Walker has had one good year. His agent wants to look at this years amount and consider it a joke but if you consider what he was paid from the start then he was grossly overpaid his first two years.
He had one great year and has been way to quick to jump and and ask to get paid like a WR that has been at a high level for YEARS not year.

But that is the case for many players that begin their careers in the NFL...

It takes 1-3 years to develop...

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McMVP said:
But that is the case for many players that begin their careers in the NFL...

It takes 1-3 years to develop...

The point is, MOST players don't jump and down screaming like a baby for more money after their first good year. They play out their initial contract and THEN negotiate for more money.

I think T.O. has a better case than Walker, and I don't believe he deserved a reworked contract either.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

Latest posts