Javon gets his answer

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Statement From Packers GM Ted Thompson Regarding Javon Walker

posted 03/10/2006

During his time as a Green Bay Packer, Javon Walker has been well thought of by everyone here. I like Javon, certainly as a person and as a player.

That said, Javon is under contract, which he signed as a 2002 first-round draft choice. That contract is governed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which was negotiated between the National Football League and the National Football League Players’ Association, and we expect him to honor it.

There have been several highly publicized cases of player discontent in the National Football League. I don’t anticipate us making any concessions in this matter.

We will continue to stay the course, and the Green Bay Packers will have no further comment on this topic.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beautiful, well put by an articulate man! I don't feel like being articulate today so go ____ yourself Javon, we will move on!

I say let him rot and put the ball back in his court. If he wants to retire, so be it. The GBP will hold the professional football rights to him until he dies.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TT is going to single-handedly ruin the Green Bay Packer football organization with his bullsh!t...penny pinching attitude...

Unless he just likes to ONLY **** away millions of dollars on HC's that he intends to fire at the end of the season anyway...Some wise fiscal policy, financial responsibility, and money management techniques displayed on that move...eh everyone..?

My guess, is that this is TT's final parting shot at Brett Favre...knowing that the Packer's are going to suck this year, and that Favre isn't going to want to come back to a team that is stonewalling the greatest weapon that he's had in years..on this team..

Great job..TT..you *****...

You've finally gotten the card to make Favre show his hand....

(It's your team now...and you better not f*** it up....! But I know you will...)

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TT is going to single-handedly ruin the Green Bay Packer football organization with his b.s....penny pinching attitude...

Unless he just likes to ONLY **** away millions of dollars on HC's that he intends to fire at the end of the season anyway...Some wise fiscal policy, financial responsibility, and money management techniques displayed on that move...eh everyone..?

My guess, is that this is TT's final parting shot at Brett Favre...knowing that the Packer's are going to suck this year, and that Favre isn't going to want to come back to a team that is stonewalling the greatest weapon that he's had in years..on this team..

(It's your team now...and you better not f*** it up....! But I know you will...)

If I read correctly, a major reason Walker doesn't want to wear the green and gold is because he is holding a grudge towards Brett Favre.

Reaction score
Oh dear GOD, do you just keep picking names out of a hat to decide on who to rant on next, 66? Look, I will say that someone dropped the ball on the J-Walk situation, but I don't know who. Give TT some credit for at least getting us under cap room! All I know is that the damage has already been done, but I will give TT credit in releasing this statement. He knows what is out there, and isn't going to turn a cold shoulder to it. An excellent statement by TT, fitting for a man that will lead the Packers into the future.

Honestly, get over your delusions that every one in the Packers is in a conspiracy with the devil to ruin the Packers. You are worse than a whining baby 66.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
TT is going to single-handedly ruin the Green Bay Packer football organization with his b.s....penny pinching attitude...

Ok Pack gee here you go again. Come on man I mean really you *****ED about Sherman and his give them the bank attitude. You call for his head be damned the circumstances. NOW after TT comes in all YOU CAN DO IS ***** more about TT penny pinching. You know Pack you can sit on the fence but the barbed wire will stick you in the ***.

You cannont have it both ways from Sunday and expect anyone to lay credence to you arguments. PICK A POSITION and stick with it. I am not saying I am all hunky dory with how TT has been handling thing, but come on. I will atleast let it play out. As far as Javon is concerned he can take a long walk off a short pier for all I care.

You have to put the team about the player. Always has been that way.

Also you know who Javon really calls out in his infantile tirade? Your Beloved Brett Favre basically said Brett punked him out. How do you feel about that.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

[email protected]'ve got to give you credit! You've got the ability to put a spin on just about anything to make it known that TT is trying to run Favre out of GB or that Favre has been mistreated, whatever.....Congratulations on your ability to do that in just about every post.

I say let JWalk find a new team since he doesn't want to be in GB...he'll turn into a cancer like McKenzie did otherwise in my opinion.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he doesn't want to play after not working out in Green Bay and not using their training staff or their team surgeon and not having any idea where he is physically, I'd call him up and say you're not going to be traded and we're not going to release you. You either come in shape and the contract you want, you we're going to let you rot. He won't walk about from $650,000. That's not going to happen. Even he isn't that stupid.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what is really funny. JW walked himself into the same stupid corner TO did. He *****es about Brett bringing his contract status into the public perview. Well he did it himself. I would love Brett to come out and say. I AM COMING BACK AND OH YEAH JAVON BE A MAN YOU ARE PAID TO PLAY AND BECAUSE YOU WANT TO USE THE PUBLIC EYE TO DICTATE CONTRAT MATTERS IT IS FAIR GAME TO MY OPINION.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey..

All i'm saying man..is that if you have a company with a disgruntled employee...at some point..it is in your best interest to sit down with that employee and try to get to the bottom of his "gruntlement"...

Especially, if this employee has any value to you and your organization....

It is very well possible, if TT would have sat down with JWalk at some point and said,

"Hey..The GB Packers value your contribution to this organization and the fact that you didn't hold out last year, and in light of that fact, and your 2004 performance for the team..we are going to give you...say...$400,000 dollars for the '06 season, and if your performance is anywhere near what you did in '04...Do not worry..the GB Packer organization will take care of you because you are needed here....

That's all..just a little restructuring and a pat on the back....is not going to break the bank or cause any other problems...If this was a practice in the NFL..to reward the people who DO contribute beyond their contract....the players would look at the GB organization as one that takes care of it's players, and is a good place to play....

end of story...

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Hey..

All i'm saying man..is that if you have a company with a disgruntled employee...at some point..it is in your best interest to sit down with that employee and try to get to the bottom of his "gruntlement"...

It is very well possible, if TT would have sat down with JWalk at some point and said,

"Hey..The GB Packers value your contribution to this organization and the fact that you didn't hold out last year, and in light of that fact, and your 2004 performance for the team..we are going to give you...say...$400,000 dollars for the '06 season, and if your performance is anywhere near what you did in '04...Do not worry..the GB Packer organization will take care of you because you are needed here....

That's all..just a little restructuring and a pat on the back....is not going to break the bank or cause any other problems...If this was a practice in the NFL..to reward the people who DO contribute beyond their contract....the players would look at the GB organization as one that takes care of it's players, and is a good place to play....

end of story...

Wow, you've kind of swayed me. Nice post P@ck66. I agree, he should have at least tried talking to him and explain that it would be stupid to give him a top 10 WR contract right now. On the other hand, Javon, and more importantly, his agent, should be smart enough to see this anyway. If we can understand it, I don't see how they can't.

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Hey..

end of story...

Problem is this Pack if Javon wanted to be treated that way he would have treated TT that way. Last year he punked himself by calling out the very people signing his paycheck. He ***** about Favre calling him out onto the mat. Well he did it to himself. YOU REAP what you sow. I mean really..

If you wanted a raise at work how would you do it

A. sit down with the boss tell him why you are so vital to the team and how you feel you are undercompensated and would hope that we could reqork a long term deal. If you get it fine if not ok that you very much for your time boss.

b. Go out to the media. Tell everyone how you hate your boss because he wont pay you good enough. Then smear the company as well. Smear your name. Smear the good people that buy the product. Then have the nerve to demand not ask that you be sent to another division of the company.

The NFL is the only place where you could even comprehend that. And Javon will pay the price because you know what I would not trade him

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In his 4 seasons, Walker has caught 157 passes for 2444 yards and 22 touchdowns. Over the same span, Donald Driver has caught 244 passes for 4114 yards and 25 touchdowns. Interesting that Walker is the one unhappy with his contract. You might think that by just being around someone like Driver, Walker would have learned how a professional athlete should conduct himself. Then again, he also spent a couple years around Mike McKenzie. Maybe he just pays attention to the wrong people. Or maybe Wonderlic scores really do matter.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bill of Rights
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. (except P@ck66)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack 66 theory is funny because last year Favre was all over Walker for threatening to hold out. Favre said, "I hope they [i.e., TT] don't give it to him." What conspiracy theory could possibly explain this? I've got it: Brett Favre is in a conspiracy against himself, trying to run himself out of Green Bay by alienating one of his most important teammates.

And does anybody here really think that "a little restructuring and a pat on the back" is going to appease Javon Walker? For starters, how do you restructure a contract that only has one year left on it?

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Bill of Rights
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. (except P@ck66)

Hey Z2c, no political talk here. :rules:

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said TT !!!!!!! Now everyone MUST know that there is ORDER in GB !!!!

As for JW either come and play or find a nice chair to sit your $tupid *** and retire...... NO TRADE....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz said:
P@ck66 said:

If I read correctly, a major reason Walker doesn't want to wear the green and gold is because he is holding a grudge towards Brett Favre.

that would make too much sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts