Javier Arenas (CB, Alabama)

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a very popular pick among Packer fans but there's just something about this kid that wants me to take him. I used to believe that TT only goes for CBs that fit the height minimum. But the fact that him and his crew really wanted Derrick Martin back when he was drafted says to me that they may look the other way if the player is that good. I think Javier Arenas is good and we should take a chance at him. He automatically fixes up our return game and could work as a great nickel or dime corner where he flourished under Saban's defense. On a more positive note, Arenas is the only top corner in this years draft that's coming out of a 3-4 defense. That says a lot considering that half the league is making the switch and having college experience under that system helps.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUR4nLYlQtM]YouTube - 2009 Javier Arenas Highlight[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ZmVKwv5oc]YouTube - Javier Arenas Highlight (*New & Updated*)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRLj3ZzdI-Q]YouTube - Javier Arenas on punt/kick returning[/ame]

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this would be my 2nd or 3rd favorite CB inthe draft, his game just screams NFC North all over him.

Yeah he reminds me of a Devin Hester type of player. I would however like to keep him as CB instead of doing something stupid like make him a WR....

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Yeah he reminds me of a Devin Hester type of player. I would however like to keep him as CB instead of doing something stupid like make him a WR....

I agree, I think he would be the perfect return guy we need, as well as he could be a dynamite nickel corner in the league, he has game instincts that you don't teach. as well he's listed at ~200 lbs and by his film he is very physical.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Whoever brought up the subject of Hester giving up his return duties and making him a receiver..........should have been fired on the spot. I was happy about the change personally since he plays for DA Bears!

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm all for drafting defense. This kid looks pretty good, and having a heads up on 3-4 is a big plus. We need defensive players and if he is around when we pick in the 3rd, I hope we go get him.

Auburn Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I attend an SEC school, I am very familiar with Arenas. As a cornerback, he is not very impressive. Alabama had an amazing pass rush last year which forced the qb to throw the ball away. That is where most of his interceptions came from. However, he is very impressive in the return game.