Jarrett bush

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Through the years I've cringed and yelled at some of Bush's defensive shortcomings, just like many Packer fans. There's a reason he's stuck so long in the NFL, and it's not necessarily his "value" as a positional player (whether it be emergency CB or emergency S). The guy is an anchor on ST, does whatever he's asked to do well.

Not that they're the same at all, but looking at Don Beebe's stats he could be "judged" in a similar light. Over his 8 yr. career he averaged less than 2 receptions for less than 40 yds. per game... but he played his role perfectly. When he was on the field he was VERY dangerous and he gave 100% all of the time. Without intimate knowledge of practices or meetings I'm guessing that Bush is that type of player ~ 100% at all times, does whatever a coach asks and does it well. (not perfect, but well). Every year I/we hope that somebody beats him out... it hasn't happened, yet.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember listening to McCarthy's postgame after the Atlanta win last year. He couldn't stop gushing about Bush's game-ending interception, and how hard that guy works in practice and how much the locker room is behind the guy. It sounded as if Rudy had just sacked the quarterback. That game, and that specific play, is still the turning point in the Packers' 2013 season.

There is so much more to a team dynamic than most of us realize. Bush is a big part of that dynamic, just not in the way that players like Rodgers and Lacy are.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush is a back up corner who is great on special teams.

Fans acts like Bush is a starter. He played a lot against the 49ers (and blew it blitzing inside late), but that's only because Hayward and Shields were out.

A corner that deep on the depth chart isn't a great corner, hence being that far on the depth chart. With limited roster space, a guy who is deep on the depth chart needs to be solid special teams contributor in order to stick around.

Maybe the Packers could find a better back up corner, but they'd also have to fill in the special teams void.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Maybe the Packers could find a better back up corner, but they'd also have to fill in the special teams void.

And thats our problem. Like that guy on special teams, on defense not preferred.

Honestly the best way to phrase it is: "Bush is 'special'"

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There hasn't been much Jarrett Bush talk since this thread was active during the off-season, but since Mike Spofford dedicated an episode of WYMM to his work in the Bears game it's worth watching this video. Yeah we blew out the Bears but these types of plays helped keep the Bears from encroaching the Packers end of the field:

http://www.packers.com/media-center...eams-ace/dbb34c29-d131-4226-b6af-ea77b00cd4f2

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
There hasn't been much Jarrett Bush talk since this thread was active during the off-season, but since Mike Spofford dedicated an episode of WYMM to his work in the Bears game it's worth watching this video. Yeah we blew out the Bears but these types of plays helped keep the Bears from encroaching the Packers end of the field:

http://www.packers.com/media-center...eams-ace/dbb34c29-d131-4226-b6af-ea77b00cd4f2
Just to clarify, El Guapo, there was plenty of Bush bashing going on early in the season until the ugly mob turned their vitriolic attentions to Brad Jones and the "missing TE's".

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Good post, El Guapo. Another example of the contribution Bush makes to the Packers' STs. I'm sure opposing teams respect him a lot more than some Packers fans.

Last edited:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just to clarify, El Guapo, there was plenty of Bush bashing going on early in the season until the ugly mob turned their vitriolic attentions to Brad Jones and the "missing TE's".

bit harsh, vitriolic attentions :eek:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played well as a fill in roll in the SB and is one of the best players in team history on special teams. Count me as a guy in his corner for his underrated career. Is he a great player? No, but he filled a much needed roll and has done some things that are worthy of applause (as well as some things worthy of boos)

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been a while, so I don't have instant access to the clip, but I was fine with praising his ST talent, as long as his CB play wasn't brought up. I'm pretty sure it was the TD that the Steelers scored right before the half, to make the game interesting again, and it was Bush's guy in the end zone while Jarret was in the field of play, looking the wrong way. If he'd been in there longer, and Big Ben didn't have the bad leg, I'd have had a heart attack. I'd love to leave it as him being a ST demon and someone you just don't want to have to put in at his designated position.

Members online

Latest posts