Jarrett bush

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this guy have naked pics of MM and TT kissing?

How does he EVER get on the field without a kicker of sorts ALSO being on the field?

He shouldnt even be allowed to cover WRs in warmup.

Ive been saying it for years, I will say it again. This man is not getting ANY better. He WAS a Liability. He IS a Liability. He will ALWAYS BE a Liability.

Lets list as many moments as we can of when he has or almost F*'ed us for a loss or big play...

Ill go first....

He is the Punt team member who decided it would be better to attempt to pick up a fumble in -30 degree weather and run with it. Instead of falling on it.

I believe that is the VERY FIRST thing a peewee coach teaches.

Loose ball= fall on ball.

Thats just 1

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
haha very funny but i dont think he is.. after last year you say any bad thing about bush they come after you like spider monkeys.. which is funny because those same people the year before were screaming bloody murder about bush being on the field.. IDK why it changed last year but his play hasnt.. he sucks and he always has.. some have a man crush for him now it blows my mind

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huge interception in the Super Bowl though.

Go Watch it. He Ball Hawked that one too. He was not in the right spot and had he not jumped it, It was going to Williams, or at worst knocked down.

The guy has a few dully shimmering moments, they do NOT outshine his blunders.

I am all for him being on the team, but only as a last option ANYTHING that does not have the words "KICK" "PUNT" or KICK/PUNT Coverage" in the title.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's versatile

He can play anywhere in the defensive backfield, is solid on special teams, and is a good locker room presence.

He's not the greatest player. However, having guys like this allows them to use more roster spots on players who are specialized to be really good at one position. Gives ya more flexibility with the other 52 men.

I have no problem having one or two of these types of guys on our roster.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can play poorly anywhere in the defensive backfield. He is great on special teams, but he is a major liability on defense.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's versatile

He can play anywhere in the defensive backfield, is solid on special teams, and is a good locker room presence.

He's not the greatest player. However, having guys like this allows them to use more roster spots on players who are specialized to be really good at one position. Gives ya more flexibility with the other 52 men.

I can play anywhere in the backfield too if all I am expected to accomplish to make the roster is miss tackles, blow coverages, commit high school penalties, and give up TDs.

Just about the only thing Bush does better than me is he is just fast enough to be right behind the guy who scores a TD on him. and thats only impressive b/c usually bush is so out of place, he is sprinting and covering 20 yds when he is already 15 yds out of place.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Just about the only thing Bush does better than me is he is just fast enough to be right behind the guy who scores a TD on him.
No, he does at least one more thing better than you: Run full speed on ST coverage units into world class NFL athletes that would like to knock the hell out of him.

Bush’s combination of fearlessness, size, and speed are valuable ST attributes. He was the Packers' special teams' ace last season. If you don’t believe that, consider the headline of a jsonline story dated 3/16/2009 reporting the Packers matching the Titans' offer to Bush: "Packers prove they're happy with Bush on special teams" Here are the first two sentences from that story: "Since being claimed off waivers from the Carolina Panthers in 2006, Jarrett Bush has done one thing well for the Green Bay Packers. On Monday, that one thing - playing special teams - became the main reason Bush, a restricted free agent, was able to land a three-year deal that will boost his 2009 salary to $2 million." BTW the story also reports that the Jets, Ravens, Buccaneers, Saints, and Browns showed interest in him. What do you suppose the front offices of those teams know that some of you don’t?

More recently, according to Bob McGinn in the Insider’s pay section of Packer Plus, in 2010 Bush led the team in ST tackles, he drew several holding penalties, downed a “host of punts” and forced a fumble.

I hope House or Gordy take his place in the secondary and as soon as a newcomer can contribute as he does on ST he'll lose his roster spot. But his Super Bowl INT was the result of studying the Steelers’ tendencies from that formation. He jumped the route and took the ball away from the receiver. If you don’t give him credit for that play, your bias is showing.

Finally for all who have criticized Bush for the past few years and ignore his ST contributions, be sure to include Ted Thompson in your criticism. Remember he’s the one who matched the Titans’ offer and the one who decided Bush’s ST contributions were worth about $1.5M per year. He’s the one who decided Bush was worth keeping last season too. So when you bash Bush, you’re bashing Thompson too. Hey, don’t get me wrong, you can bash him all you’d like. I’m sure you think you know more than Ted regarding Jarrett Bush, but please forgive some of us who trust Ted’s personnel decisions more than we trust your evaluations.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He should be playing safety, he's not so good with his back to the QB. It's okay though, House will take his spot soon enough... I hope.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, he does at least one more thing better than you: Run full speed on ST coverage units into world class NFL athletes that would like to knock the hell out of him.

Bush’s combination of fearlessness, size, and speed are valuable ST attributes. He was the Packers' special teams' ace last season. If you don’t believe that, consider the headline of a jsonline story dated 3/16/2009 reporting the Packers matching the Titans' offer to Bush: "Packers prove they're happy with Bush on special teams" Here are the first two sentences from that story: "Since being claimed off waivers from the Carolina Panthers in 2006, Jarrett Bush has done one thing well for the Green Bay Packers. On Monday, that one thing - playing special teams - became the main reason Bush, a restricted free agent, was able to land a three-year deal that will boost his 2009 salary to $2 million." BTW the story also reports that the Jets, Ravens, Buccaneers, Saints, and Browns showed interest in him. What do you suppose the front offices of those teams know that some of you don’t?

More recently, according to Bob McGinn in the Insider’s pay section of Packer Plus, in 2010 Bush led the team in ST tackles, he drew several holding penalties, downed a “host of punts” and forced a fumble.

I hope House or Gordy take his place in the secondary and as soon as a newcomer can contribute as he does on ST he'll lose his roster spot. But his Super Bowl INT was the result of studying the Steelers’ tendencies from that formation. He jumped the route and took the ball away from the receiver. If you don’t give him credit for that play, your bias is showing.

Finally for all who have criticized Bush for the past few years and ignore his ST contributions, be sure to include Ted Thompson in your criticism. Remember he’s the one who matched the Titans’ offer and the one who decided Bush’s ST contributions were worth about $1.5M per year. He’s the one who decided Bush was worth keeping last season too. So when you bash Bush, you’re bashing Thompson too. Hey, don’t get me wrong, you can bash him all you’d like. I’m sure you think you know more than Ted regarding Jarrett Bush, but please forgive some of us who trust Ted’s personnel decisions more than we trust your evaluations.

I specifically stated he belongs on this team... on ST. ONLY.

Putting him on a Defensive backfield, you might as well let him wear #12's practice red jersey. He is like a bullseye to each and every QB in the NFL.

Again. Liability. One lucky launching pick during the SB does NOT excuse at LEAST 6 dozen more plays that resulted in a 3rd and long conversion on a #24 penalty, an NFC championship game attempt on ST to PICK UP A FUMBLE AND RUN with less than 3 minutes left (not even our ball, but a TO BALL), or an absolute blown coverage that results in a TD or 1st down in FG range when the game is on the line.

Some guys have a knack for being around the ball when it counts. Bush is one of them, only it almost always counts more for the opposing team...

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's versatile

I am curious as to how you know he is a good locker room presence

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
I specifically stated he belongs on this team... on ST. ONLY.

Putting him on a Defensive backfield, you might as well let him wear #12's practice red jersey. He is like a bullseye to each and every QB in the NFL.

Again. Liability. One lucky launching pick during the SB does NOT excuse at LEAST 6 dozen more plays that resulted in a 3rd and long conversion on a #24 penalty, an NFC championship game attempt on ST to PICK UP A FUMBLE AND RUN with less than 3 minutes left (not even our ball, but a TO BALL), or an absolute blown coverage that results in a TD or 1st down in FG range when the game is on the line.

Some guys have a knack for being around the ball when it counts. Bush is one of them, only it almost always counts more for the opposing team...

I am curious as to how you know he is a good locker room presence

I've come to the conclusion that a few people on this site have the Stepford Wife Syndrome. Their tendency is to hide behind the so called insider reports because they are too spineless to convey their own gut feelings. Of course, this syndrome shouldn't be confused with man love.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a good locker room presence because he was a captain I believe is what he is getting at.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect him to make the team and I dont put much weight into last night. The entire secondary played poorly. Burnett got burned, and collins messed up as well if I remember.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
All I am going to say is that it's preseason, and while I understand it's OK to be worried, you have to remember, we're working the kinks out of the gears and preparing for the season. Everyone is going to screw up.

He's not the best CB in the league, but I gotta give it to him for picking off Roethlisberger in the Super Bowl.

Remember it's just preseason, don't **** yourself.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of us know TT does not like girls,,,,and Bush is one of his "boys"......who knows what goes on behind closed doors.....maybe that's why he is still on the team

Yes, of course... HAHAHHA LOOK AT TT!!!! HE IS GAY!!!!!

As for Bush, he is not a cornerback, it's time the coaches figure it out. He cannot cover man to man. About his spot on the team, he is the best ST player. IMHO West could surpass him there, making him expandable.

But, as of now, there's no logic in turning a terrible ST unit even worse by releasing it's best player. It's not like Bush is gonna see the field on D much. That will only happen if Woodson, and Woodson only, goes down, because he is the current substitue of Woodson as the nickel corner, but if Sam Shields or Tramon go down, it's not Bush who comes onto the field, it's Lee, Gordy or House (still to be seen).

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did he go from being governor of Florida to football player?
Jeb. That would be Jeb, not Jarret.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0]Gilda Radner Nevermind - YouTube[/ame]

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, he played more than just the one play that resulted in an interception in the Super Bowl. He was in because we didn't have CWood and Shields. He didn't get exposed on the other plays. He's also their best ST player. I think Gordy and House are better CBs but I gotta bow to the team's decision making.
It will be interesting to see if he makes the roster over House or Gordy. He was the best option last season however.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that a few people on this site have the Stepford Wife Syndrome. Their tendency is to hide behind the so called insider reports because they are too spineless to convey their own gut feelings.
Relating “Stepford Wife Syndrome” to quoting segments of insider reports looks like a non sequitur to me but since you quoted a response to my post in which I quoted McGinn in Packers Plus, I’ll respond.

I was responding to criticism of Bush by posting again how valuable his STs contributions are. I quoted a public article written after Thompson matched the Titan’s offer in 2009 to provide some evidence of what I consider the obvious. I included the information that several other teams reportedly showed interest which indicates it’s not just the Titans and Ted Thompson being foolish by agreeing to pay Bush so much. I then quoted McGinn about Bush’s STs contributions during the 2010 regular season because I can’t find such stats elsewhere. If you can, please do.

If, after reading my post – or if after reading several of my posts on this forum - you think I’m “hiding” behind information on pay sites or refraining from posting my “gut feelings” I suggest you read them again as I am more often criticized for being opinionated. In this particular instance, let me spell it out for you. My gut feeling is also my logical conclusion (much preferred to “gut feelings” IMO): Bush is a very valuable STs player and was the best coverage guy the Packers had last season. And if the staff had a better option when injuries hit the defensive backfield, they would have played him. He and Lee played well in the second half of the Super Bowl.

Criticizing someone for attempting to support his opinion, from any source, is an interesting tact. I completely disagree with this view and think it adds to the discussion when opinions are backed up with facts and even opinions of knowledgeable followers of the team, when they are available. Challenging the relevance of those facts or veracity of the opinions, if warranted, also adds to the discussion IMO. Something you didn’t do.

Beyond that, wouldn’t it be great if insider articles could be posted here in full for free? More information from those being paid to cover the team is better, isn’t it? IMO you are full of it regarding “hiding behind insider reports” and in any event don’t understand your complaining about having occasional access to information or an opinion you and/or others wouldn’t have been able to read otherwise.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The guy plays hard all the time. A lot of Packer DB wannabees have passed through many a training camp without being able to take his roster spot. He's admirably filled a role with this team. I feel sorry for him if he's aware of how many people have such disdain for him. I hope the Packers can find a place for him if he desires to stay with the organization after his playing days are over.

Members online

No members online now.