Jarret Bush

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL @ This guy...

No one here on this forum has doubted his special teams skills. Most of us were more than thrilled to see him re-signed since he makes our special teams better and he's genuinely a good dude. But seeing him in coverage is an entirely different matter...

OP
OP
BrettsFavor

BrettsFavor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not naming names but, he has haters. Many of them.
His ST play yesterday (aside from the sideline issue) was stellar.

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we have to forget his boneheaded play and only count his good ones? Bush is nothing better than a reserve CB who is constantly exposed when he gets extended playing time at CB - his coverage extincts are poor. With that being said, he's a solid ST player and its the only reason he is on this team. It is interesting that he doesn't understand the rule about running out of bounds and then immediately coming back in the field of play before making a tackle. He's just not too bright, but no one is doubting he is a valuable gunner.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I have always said that J Bush is a beast on Special Teams... Pro Bowl caliber on ST... But as a cover corner his is trash... The only play I can remember him making was the gamble pick he had in the SB... Special Teams all day, Cover Corner no way!

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as he sticks to ST he is lights out. Other than that, not so much. Possibly one of the worse cover corners in the league.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd spit shine McCarthy's shoes to be able to play in an NFL game and receive NFL checks for doing it. At let's not forget that the Packers aren't chained to Jarrett Bush. They haven't found anyone better at doing his dual role. I'm not saying the guy is great, but you have to focus your frustrations at the team if you don't think Bush is good enough. By all accounts, he plays with a lot of heart and is great in the locker room to go with his excellent special teams play.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Sticking to my guns, I'm pro Bush fan, not so much on Defense since its not his forte. Can say all you want about how he redeems himself on defense, which he does, but he is only as good as what he has to redeem himself for. Now on ST, if their was a MVP ST, I think Bush should get it, sure there is Hester but Bush is better.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush is a very good special teams player. Definitely a Pro Bowl caliber special teamer.... with that said, Bush should NEVER see the field on defense.... EVER, EVER, EVER.

EVER!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Bush is actually not as bad in coverage as he used to be. He's not one of the worst corners in the league. The worst corner in the league is probably Devin McCourty. That guy is just putrid.

H

HardRightEdge

Bush is OK in dime coverage in the middle of the field with the play in front of him...more of a safety look...covering TEs, backs or the #4 WR.

You just don't want him out on the island covering #1 or #2.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Bush definitely catches more crap than he deserves overall.. he really is a player without a position on defense. He lacks the physical ability to play man on an island, but isn't disciplined enough to play safety in space consistently. He is really a dime back at best the excels at special teams.

BTW... I think it interesting that opinions are only valid with more than 6 weeks of tenure. It doesn't take long to pick up on some of the boards vibe and opinions, very doable in well less than 6 weeks.

It is an opinion, and honestly more cheeseheads like to rip on players like Bush than appreciate what he is as a player. So is it really a stretch to formulate the opinion that more here "hate" Bush than like him?

H

HardRightEdge

Bush definitely catches more crap than he deserves overall.. he really is a player without a position on defense. He lacks the physical ability to play man on an island, but isn't disciplined enough to play safety in space consistently. He is really a dime back at best the excels at special teams.

BTW... I think it interesting that opinions are only valid with more than 6 weeks of tenure. It doesn't take long to pick up on some of the boards vibe and opinions, very doable in well less than 6 weeks.

It is an opinion, and honestly more cheeseheads like to rip on players like Bush than appreciate what he is as a player. So is it really a stretch to formulate the opinion that more here "hate" Bush than like him?

I believe the dislike of Bush stems from 2 factors:

1. When he has played on the island, his burns to snaps ratio is extremely high.
2. He was getting paid $2.0 mil per year under his old contract and $1.75 mil under his current three year deal. That's a lot of dough for a gunner, occasional dime back, and abysmal island corner.

At both CB and S, he's getting buried in the depth chart behind Hayward, House, McMillan and Jennings; the only thing that gets him in the dime rotation now is Woodson's injury...maybe. He might get bumped by a 3 safety grouping.

And now we have Johnny White on the roster who played gunner in Buffalo and is getting paid the minimum.

But MM loves him. Not sure about TT, though.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

My comment was not directed at the new guy's opinion. It was aimed at his antagonistic way of delivering the opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts