Jared Allen: "I hope the Packers win it all"

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Never had anything against him on the field, he's always been a fantastic player, mad respect for him, but have never liked playing against him.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what they said to each other on the field...they were having fun! As much as I don't like him hitting Aaron,..
I do have to say that was mighty big of him to hope we go all the way.
But then again... who else would he be rooting for.. the Colts!!?! *ducking from Jules!
It reminded me of the exchanges between Brett and Warren Sapp. FUN football!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
It reminded me of the exchanges between Brett and Warren Sapp. FUN football!
I used to love how Favre would jump up and get in the face of the guy who just planted him and start jawing. ARoge is a little more subtle. I love how he always has a smile, no matter what the situation is. Always has it under control.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never seen Rodgers celebrate quite to that extent down 14 + points
Yeah, when a player celebrates when the team is behind, then he is just making himself look like a tool.
Yeah, I know it's probably done more so out of a feeling of personal accomplishment, but still, it just looks dumb to be getting all excited while your way behind.

dobolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes it is different...rodgers isnt making the motion like he just hogtied someone who he just laid out.

So you're offended by it because you think the move is too violent? If he came up with something less "violent" would you be okay with it? I'm not some huge Allen supporter, but just admit it, you only hate it because he's a Viking. If that was Matthews' celebration, you'd love it. Or vice versa, if Allen's move was the Predator, you'd hate him for that.

I do agree with Mr. StyleZ that Allen needs to be cognizant of the score when doing it (though there's several players in the NFL that have that same problem).

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're offended by it because you think the move is too violent? If he came up with something less "violent" would you be okay with it? I'm not some huge Allen supporter, but just admit it, you only hate it because he's a Viking. If that was Matthews' celebration, you'd love it. Or vice versa, if Allen's move was the Predator, you'd hate him for that.

I do agree with Mr. StyleZ that Allen needs to be cognizant of the score when doing it (though there's several players in the NFL that have that same problem).

no, im offended because it is a stupid move! :tdown:

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the Vikes can hang onto him and Peterson long enough for Ponder to really develop. We are going to finish low enough for us to draft a really good left tackle and shutdown corner like we desperately need. Maybe someone like Cliff Harris from Oregon for corner if he is there. If not LT or corner, Ponder is going to need another WR to throw to. So many needs. As for Allen, he might get along with Rodgers, but I never mind seeing him smash him into the turf.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No, a big part of Wisconsin likes to hunt. Sitting in a tree at a game ranch waiting for the game to walk to where they put out the food and water is not hunting.

You're right. Unfortunately, a lot of people do what I call "fishing for deer" by putting out bait piles. Baiting should be illegal in WI like it is in a lot of other places. IMO, if you can't hunt without baiting, then you're not a hunter.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, when a player celebrates when the team is behind, then he is just making himself look like a tool.
Yeah, I know it's probably done more so out of a feeling of personal accomplishment, but still, it just looks dumb to be getting all excited while your way behind.

Or maybe you do it to try and give your team a bit of a charge.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
You're right. Unfortunately, a lot of people do what I call "fishing for deer" by putting out bait piles. Baiting should be illegal in WI like it is in a lot of other places. IMO, if you can't hunt without baiting, then you're not a hunter.
I remember a conversation with an animal lover who was ranting at me for killing defenseless animals. I told him that if a deer wanders into my tavern while I'm having a beer he deserves to be killed.
I know what you mean about true hunting, it's all about the bow GreenBlood. You gotta get them close the natural way not just sending a dozen shells down range and baiting is just slaughter.
I guess if you need the meat bad enough ya know?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember a conversation with an animal lover who was ranting at me for killing defenseless animals. I told him that if a deer wanders into my tavern while I'm having a beer he deserves to be killed.
I know what you mean about true hunting, it's all about the bow GreenBlood. You gotta get them close the natural way not just sending a dozen shells down range and baiting is just slaughter.
I guess if you need the meat bad enough ya know?
Unless it's for self defense or unintentional, it's just wrong to kill anyone or anything no matter how it's done.
There isn't any reason to purposefully kill a sentient being who wants to do what you want to do.
And that is just to live.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Unless it's for self defense or unintentional, it's just wrong to kill anyone or anything no matter how it's done.
There isn't any reason to purposefully kill a sentient being who wants to do what you want to do.
And that is just to live.

What if it's mice? A few years ago a clan moved in my house during a snow storm. I killed those little crap heads one by one. Then I plugged up the holes for good.

This thread is weird. From Jared Allen to this?
BTW my cat does not kill mice. She is an old persian. She was born a diva and will stay this way.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mind him wanting to feel good about his sacks even though they were falling behind,you have to keep up moral to bad o-line couldn't get it going Harven two costly penalties didn't help,I don't like the cowpoke move either,but I guess if your a rodeo fan you might.

Members online

Latest posts