• Grant

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Utilize them both!

Votes: 60 82.2%

• Total voters

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If Ingram lasts to #32, i say take him - BPA.... anyone disagree?
I do.

Ingram looks like Ryan Grant to me, except Ryan Grant's proven himself in the NFL.

I want a smaller, shiftier guy. Noel Devine, Jacquizz Rodgers, Dion Lewis, those types. And all of them can be had later.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ingram knows how to hit the holes. I think he would instantly solidify our run game. Starks is still a project.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we'll probably have a 1, 2, 3 punch with Grant, Starks and Nance in that order...

I think Nance is history. Grant will be the starter, but Starks will get most of the carries by the end of next year. Whoever TT drafts will be the 3rd back, and I hope it's someone who can run back kicks.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously everyone knows we should (and WILL) utilize them both so that's an easy choice.

But as for starting the game and getting the majority of the carries: for sure Ryan Grant.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
While I voted to utilize both of them, I think Ryan has a stable track record. Anybody could look good for a couple games. Heck, Gado was good for a couple when he had to fill in. After he went elsewhere he just kind of disappeared.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Obviously everyone knows we should (and WILL) utilize them both so that's an easy choice.

But as for starting the game and getting the majority of the carries: for sure Ryan Grant.

I'm not so confident we will utilize them both. The Bleacher Report made a pretty convincing case that Grant may be done. Remember this team is anything BUT conventional when it comes to player acquisition and departure.

While it makes a lot of sense to many of us to keep both guys and use them both. We've seen before how things we thought made sense all of a sudden turned out differently.

I remember how much a number of us were shocked that Harris was sent packing (pardon the pun). But we later found out the injury was more than it appeared and our Manager did the right thing.

If Grant really has an ankle sprain, why did it take all season to heal, and still no word?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
In any event there hasn't been a whole lot of word on it. The strange silence is almost loud.

Here is the quote from Bleacher Report;
"How serious was the injury?

The information has been hard to find on the updates of his ankle. How bad is the injury when the words "broken" and "fractured" aren't used?

All the reports say 'ankle injury" and don't dive into much more detail than that."

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Lets just hammer Grant Starks and Kuhn down the pipe for the first 3 downs then let Rodgers toss to Jennings Driver Nelson if it gets to forth.
you really dont know how football works do u?
the chances of us doing this is very slim. very rarely do you see teams going for it on fourth down and knowing MM calls the plays i dont see 3 runs and then a 4th down pass

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
you really dont know how football works do u?
the chances of us doing this is very slim. very rarely do you see teams going for it on fourth down and knowing MM calls the plays i dont see 3 runs and then a 4th down pass

LOL, I didn't even see that about going for it on fourth! All I saw was running Grant, Starks and Kuhn!!!

No matter how you put it, I think we are going to have a VERY good running game next year and I'm very excited about it! Starks, Grant, Kuhn and maybe BJax too are all going to make an awesome combo! It's a freakin Force! Hopefully M.M. will run the ball more with these guys! Run the dang ball M.M.!!! Run it!!!!!!!

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, I didn't even see that about going for it on fourth! All I saw was running Grant, Starks and Kuhn!!!

No matter how you put it, I think we are going to have a VERY good running game next year and I'm very excited about it! Starks, Grant, Kuhn and maybe BJax too are all going to make an awesome combo! It's a freakin Force! Hopefully M.M. will run the ball more with these guys! Run the dang ball M.M.!!! Run it!!!!!!!
Couldn't agree more! Our run game should be great if MM gives it the time during the game. Starks will be developed more so I'm excited about that aspect as well

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
not gonna lie but whenever i see straks run i never have any fear cuz he doesnt fumble and is always pushing for more yards

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a tough one. Glad I'm not the coach.. I guess Starks really showed me a lot in the playoffs. Held onto the ball and picked up some blitzes. Tough to sit that.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Wait until we all see Starks catch the ball out of the backfield. He's a good receiver, we just never saw any of it in the time he's played. We're sure to see it this year.
To whoever said that Grant was the breakout guy in the secondary has got to be kidding. If either back is gonna do it, it's Starks, Grant just hasn't shown that ability, ever.
Grant is solid for positive yards, he's not a breakout running back, Starks has had more of those runs in the short time he's played than any back since Ahman Green.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Wait until we all see Starks catch the ball out of the backfield. He's a good receiver, we just never saw any of it in the time he's played. We're sure to see it this year.
To whoever said that Grant was the breakout guy in the secondary has got to be kidding. If either back is gonna do it, it's Starks, Grant just hasn't shown that ability, ever.
Grant is solid for positive yards, he's not a breakout running back, Starks has had more of those runs in the short time he's played than any back since Ahman Green.

I would like to see Starks utilized in screen passes.

Nick 52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a need to choose ? There'll be "downs" when you want both in the backfield, and other situations when one or other is more suited to the play being called.
Let both take their place on the sideline and let McCarthy send them in as required.

Members online

Latest posts