James Jones

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have been spoiled with how well he has turned out. I think a lot of you are taking for granted how much of a reliable option he has been for us. HE IS A ROOKIE. He'll learn to cover the ball better, we'll move on. Cut the guy some slack.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say. It's frustrating in midgame but this does nothing to change my opinion of him. He'll just work even harder now. If every player got cut who fumbled we wouldn't have enough players for a leageu

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is still a good receiver. He'll just need to work on protecting the football. Hopefully the coaches can make the adjustment this week in practice and focus on that with him and give him lots of reps too.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
By the looks of it on the sidelines.. I would say Jones is being ******* himself... he will learn from that... the first one I really don't think he ever had complete control of it.

He is a rookie and on the big stage for the first time.. he will be fine.. I predict early in the second half they get him the ball.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not worth dwelling on...$hit happens, I don't think he's going to be another ahman green fumbling machine, just an off game in an otherwise promising rookie campaign.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, don't look beyond the fact that those were both GREAT plays by the bears' defensive back. He was going for the ball both times and knew exactly where to pound at it. I'm not saying Jones shouldn't have known how to protect the ball, but he's trying to make something happen, which is what all the Packers receivers are trying to do on those short patterns (where just making the catch doesn't cut it).,

Again, not excusing Jones. And those turnovers hurt terribly. But on both of those plays, I was more affected (and impressed) by the play of the defender than by anything Jones did or didn't do.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that Jones' fumble in the Eagles game was off the slant too. Three fumbles that are all pretty similar. MM needs to work with Jones on holding on to the football after running the slant route.

Jones did make a great catch later in the game that went for about 11 yards.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
james jones blew that game for us......do i hate him? NO!!!
Hes a hell of a player, bottom line he blew the game thats it real talk

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, don't look beyond the fact that those were both GREAT plays by the bears' defensive back. He was going for the ball both times and knew exactly where to pound at it. I'm not saying Jones shouldn't have known how to protect the ball, but he's trying to make something happen, which is what all the Packers receivers are trying to do on those short patterns (where just making the catch doesn't cut it).,

Again, not excusing Jones. And those turnovers hurt terribly. But on both of those plays, I was more affected (and impressed) by the play of the defender than by anything Jones did or didn't do.

The Bears are good at what they're good at, i.e., takeaways. That's how they were 13-3 last year. Tillman's a heck of a player. JJ will learn the hard way. I'll stick with what I said last week, JJ was an A in the '07 draft.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy should get all the blame for this loss. He rode the run at the wrong time, and he didn't let Favre run the two-minute offense in the first half.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the looks of it on the sidelines.. I would say Jones is being ******* himself... he will learn from that... the first one I really don't think he ever had complete control of it.

He is a rookie and on the big stage for the first time.. he will be fine.. I predict early in the second half they get him the ball.

He should be ******* himself. You don't get to be a pro and then learn that you have to take care of the ball. You get to be a pro because you have proven you can. That stuff last night was just lack of focus. The mistakes and penalties have nothing to do with talent or ability, it has to do with being able to focus and keep your head in the game. I'm confident McCarthy will fix this problem.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He screwed up, and it probably cost us the game. We were shoving the ball down their throats on both drives, and could have iced it with those 2 scores. But theres plenty of blame to go around. Favre's dumb INT, which i THINK he was trying to dump it off to Jones, but he wasn't looking for it. The play calling in the second half was TERRIBLE. It seemed like they went into the old "playing not to lose" instead of playing to win. And you ALWAYS lose under those situations.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimbo is gonna be a great Packer, I wouldnt get too down on him this early.

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy should get all the blame for this loss. He rode the run at the wrong time, and he didn't let Favre run the two-minute offense in the first half.

I agree.....the running game wasnt too bad but it seemed like MM wasnt using brett as much the second half.....i also think jones did fine he didnt even have time to secure the ball when he got it knocked out..he was still in the process of bringing it in....everyone has bad days. i think the play calling had the most effect on the game

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed fully.
MM is smart though. He'll learn from this and hopefully not repeat this mistake.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Jone's Dad was in the stadium watching his son for the first in Green Bay maybe he was nervous that his Dad was there. Just to bad it turned out this way. But crap happens, it doesnt mean hes a bad player, just had an off night. He actually did catch those balls but he was stripped. Yes he should have held onto the ball. But hes still a good player, players all make mistakes and hopefully they learn from them..Hes still a very young player.

Reaction score
Let's not forget he was stripped by Charles Tillman, an above average starter.

Jones will have his growing pains, and I'll say it again: he needs to be faced with adversity so he can overcome it and grow as a player.

If he isn't faced with adversity, how on earth can he ever overcome it?

Jones will improve, and he will get a big test this week in terms of overcoming adversity.

His fumbles hurt us in the short term, but in the long term this may have been the best thing to happen to him.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
He should be ******* himself. You don't get to be a pro and then learn that you have to take care of the ball. You get to be a pro because you have proven you can. That stuff last night was just lack of focus. The mistakes and penalties have nothing to do with talent or ability, it has to do with being able to focus and keep your head in the game. I'm confident McCarthy will fix this problem.

If the kids interviews and body language are telling the real story of who JJ is... this kid will use this game to drive him. Tillman made a heck of a play on both of those.. he tackled the ball. Does that get JJ off the hook no, but there were other factors to it.

Youth = firsts and mistakes... the best in the game at some point have mistakes that hammer things home and drive them. We shall see what JJ is made of.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Jones will have his growing pains, and I'll say it again: he needs to be faced with adversity so he can overcome it and grow as a player.

Jones will improve, and he will get a big test this week in terms of overcoming adversity.

His fumbles hurt us in the short term, but in the long term this may have been the best thing to happen to him.

I've seen a lot of rookie recievers come and go but none of them fumble twice in a game

I've seen rookie running backs fumble once, get yelled at, and get the message

and how does his mistakes help us long term...if we lose the division/playoffs/home field/whatever by one game, i will re-visit this discussion

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

I've seen a lot of rookie recievers come and go but none of them fumble twice in a game

I've seen rookie running backs fumble once, get yelled at, and get the message

and how does his mistakes help us long term...if we lose the division/playoffs/home field/whatever by one game, i will re-visit this discussion

Why would you revisit this thread? Why not revisit the hiring of McCarthy threads?

******* a loss on Jones is baffling to me. Correct me if I'm wrong but I did see you post drafting James Jones looks like a regret??

Favre did throw that INT to Urlacher which was on him. How about Woodson? Should we of not of signed him because of this game. Hiring McCarthy might be bad too.

The Packers beat the Packers. James Jones didn't beat the Packers. He helped but the team is the reason why we loss this game. Not one guy and definitely not the Bears.

Members online

Latest posts