James Jones says he gets no respect

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers would definitely miss him if he were gone. I think he is the classic "Don't know what you got till it's gone." kind of player.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers would definitely miss him if he were gone. I think he is the classic "Don't know what you got till it's gone." kind of player.

I agree 100%. I do think he is replaceable, but the majority of his catches this past year were for first downs.
I think most defenses forget about him and that is where he is the most dangerous.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well maybe if he didn't drop wide open touchdowns all the time he will

I will agree that the Super Bowl drop was pretty huge. Woulda changed the game totally (we would have won by more, and possibly knocked the wind out of the Steelers' sails all together.) Also, it would have changed the his out come from 5 catches for 50 yards to 6 catches for 125 and a TD. Maybe even changed the way he is viewed and pumped him up and propelled him into stardom. Well, prime time stardom anyways.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone makes mistakes.
Jennings messed up a TD vs the Giants.
J-Mike drops a ton.
Jordy dropped a few big ones in the Super Bowl too.

It's how they come back and respond that matters to me.

The fact is Jones gets open so much he makes a lot of plays, or misses them on those occasions.

How, and why, does he get open so often?
That's a skill right there.

TJE71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will agree that the Super Bowl drop was pretty huge. Woulda changed the game totally (we would have won by more, and possibly knocked the wind out of the Steelers' sails all together.) Also, it would have changed the his out come from 5 catches for 50 yards to 6 catches for 125 and a TD. Maybe even changed the way he is viewed and pumped him up and propelled him into stardom. Well, prime time stardom anyways.
Yes...I't doesn't really matter because the Packers won anyway but if they lost him and Jordy would of been in for it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's be honest here. I'm not trying to poop on the Packer parade, but all of our receivers are good because both Favre and now Rodgers have been incredible QBs. That said, none of our receivers are "elite" receivers in my book. They aren't Megatron. They aren't Steve Smith. They aren't Andre Johnson. If James Jones wants some respect, he needs to beat out his teammates to be the #1 or #2 receiver on a team with one of the best QBs.

THAT is the problem that I have with Jones' statements. I'm not saying that it's easy to beat out Jennings and Nelson, but they aren't elite receivers. They are very good receivers playing with an elite QB. Beat them!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Let's be honest here. I'm not trying to poop on the Packer parade, but all of our receivers are good because both Favre and now Rodgers have been incredible QBs. That said, none of our receivers are "elite" receivers in my book. They aren't Megatron. They aren't Steve Smith. They aren't Andre Johnson. If James Jones wants some respect, he needs to beat out his teammates to be the #1 or #2 receiver on a team with one of the best QBs.

THAT is the problem that I have with Jones' statements. I'm not saying that it's easy to beat out Jennings and Nelson, but they aren't elite receivers. They are very good receivers playing with an elite QB. Beat them!
Steve Smith? REALLY??? Jennings is better than that guy. Try the Fitz. That being said everything else seems to be correct. I also add that while they aren't elite receivers, they are first tier.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's fair.

Using your terminology (which I like), Jones is still playing second-tier ball compared to his first-tier teammates. If he wants the respect he's got to be great...Fitz great or more importantly James Jones great

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really believe that James Jones is a great underrated player. I think he could be a #2 on alot of teams. According to nfl.com Jones ranked fourth among receivers in Football Outsiders' DVOA metric, which represents the value, per play, over an average receiver in the same game situations. Since Jordy had a breakout season last year, he will get more defenders looking his way so this could open up more oppurtunities to Jones.

Jamie Cernaro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is underatted because of the high profile players that he is surrounded by. Anyone is going to feel like they fly under the radar on our offense if their name isnt Rodgers, Finley, or Jennings. Although I wil say he does drop a few to many footballs to be complaining about popularity.

Members online

Latest posts