Jake Plummer to Tampa???

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just was watching Cold Pizza and they said that looks like Plummer is going to be headed to Tampa Bay...

Not sure what the terms are or anything like that as I was in and out of the room..But its interesting

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Broncos | Plummer update
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 08:32:11 -0800

Updating a previous item, Gary Miller, of CBS4 Denver, reports the Denver Broncos have traded QB Jake Plummer to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in exchange for a fourth-round draft pick. The deal could be officially announced as early as Friday, March 2.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
That kind of throws a wrench into the Texans plans of trading Carr and bringing Plummer in... Texas is still kicking themselves for passing on Vince Young or Bush:)

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plummer wasn't working out for Denver.

Tampa needs a new quarterback.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
PLUMMER RETIRES

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer has retired in lieu of being traded to Tampa.

Word of the trade broke earlier this morning, but recent published reports suggested that Plummer might pack it in.

Plummer has played 10 NFL seasons. We have a weird feeling that, after a year or so on the sidelines, he might be lured back. The Cardinals, for example, will need a backup after Kurt Warner retires, and it would be fitting for Plummer to end his career there.

Another Turn in the story, John Gruden has to be cusing up a storm:)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see Chuckie's face on this one, full out scowl. lol.
I've never seen him WITHOUT a full out scowl!!! :rotflmao:
Man......that sure has to be a kick in the nads for him!!! :thumbsup:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a guy that has been beat up by the media and fans. He is not a BAD QB. He is not great but he is not bad.

I was working Denver this year and was based there for six weeks... You should have heard the fans on local radio there. The man's self esteem has been beaten down like a middle child in a bad family.

In Arizona he was suppose to be the saviour of a very bad team with no help. In Denver he was always compared to Elway and never embraced by the fans and media. When your nick name is Jake "The Mistake" Plummer it must have been hard for him and caused him to press too much.

I am not surprised by this at all.

Raider Pride.

Members online

Latest posts