J Walk wants out

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can you imagine Favre throwing to JWalk, Owens, and Driver for the GB Packers???

Man..that would be awesome...from a sheer talent perspective...(something Favre hasn't had the luxury of....like Peyton Manning...)

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I am not one who typically refers folks to other forums, but over at packerchatters.com there is a poster who goes by the name JaySharpethebackPacker who has a post named "Here's Some".

Very interesting stuff. The guy appears very plugged into the Packers' organization and has a fairly decent track record on his predictions from the limited exposure I have had. Some very big potential moves are outlined...some big suprises to be honest.

Check it out.

i wish some of that stuff comes true. and i hope that guy is right

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
[quote="tt-romadz":2hn41bkb]"I really have no interest in being in a Green Bay Packers uniform or playing for Green Bay again."

If we can get something good for him, do it. He is coming back from a serious injury. What kind of value does he think he has right now?
---------

Citing recent contract squabbles with running back Ahman Green, tight end Bubba Franks, defensive lineman Grady Jackson and cornerback Mike McKenzie, as well as his own, Walker added, "I just don't like the way the organization runs itself. "

McKenzie and Ahman\Franks contract situations were with....2 different General Managers. Does he even realize that?
------------

While Walker is quite adamant about not sticking around in Green Bay for the final year of his contract -- whether Favre returns or not -- he promises not to be a disruption next season, because he doesn't plan to show up at all for training camp.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," he said. "I don't have to play."

Wow....what a scumbag. I think it is funny that he doesn't even get paid as much as Robert Ferguson, yet he thinks he can hold out, miss camps,etc. He doesnt have the money in his bank to pay the fines those actions would cause.

edit ------

Im so bummed now! I was so enjoying this offseason. All we needed was guards,safety,and CB (and a cheap lb here, a wr there, of course)

It looks like Driver will be a #1 Wr again. T-murph cant ever play again. Ferguson might as well never play again. We cut chatman. Sigh

WR DEPTH CHART:
Donald Driver
(That is all)

good thing GB has 30 mil to spend...

I find this funny..TT...especially since the other day you said there was absolutely nothing wrong with GB's talent at the wide receiver position....

What I don't find as funny as you do is that Robert Ferguson is set to make more money than JWalk this year....nothing funny about that...

So..get ready for some/many losing seasons ahead...thanks TT...for being a bonehead...
[/quote:2hn41bkb]

Out of all the posts here, you reply to mine. leave me alone, tool.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go down the list of teams during the 1st round of the draft. Trade the team looking to get a WR with their first round draft pick straight across.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Go down the list of teams during the 1st round of the draft. Trade the team looking to get a WR with their first round draft pick straight across.

thats an interesting idea.

the only problem though, is the WR that team was thinking about drafting doesn't have a serious injury, which javon is recovering from.

college guy - talented, can be molded, healthy
javon - talented, malcontent, injured

Reaction score
I don't understand all this J-Walk bashing. Look, its not like he came out right after the season with this. He was obviously showing his displeasure with the Pack during the season, this isn't unexpected. I give him credit for at least allowing TT the oppertunity to resolve this, and going forward to tell MM something I totally agree with, that you should have players that want to play for you.

It is someone's fault for J-Walk wanting out. WHO? I don't know. It could be TT, Andrew Brandt, Reggie McKenzie, ANYONE. Fact is someone dropped the ball BIG TIME with J-Walk, regardless of the fact that Walker wanted to redo his contract. There was surly a better way to keep Walker content enough to want to stay without redoing his contract. But someone failed, and it wasn't only Walker.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he don't want to play for the Packers, well trade him. What is all this bitterness, what does he owe you?

Trade him while we still can get some value for him, he won't sign a new contract if TT sits him out anyway.

Either we could give Walker a new contract and cut fergie.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I think it would be less risky taking a guy who already has proven himself and has been repaired by the best doctors that money can buy, than a college player coming into the pros. He really hasn't been all that malcontent other than wanting some more cash. Even though Favre ripped him publiclly, he has not bashed on Favre. You know that if we was with another team he would play his haeart out since he's got something to prove. He's posted numbers in 2004 that most college guys will ever get to.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I don't understand all this J-Walk bashing. Look, its not like he came out right after the season with this. He was obviously showing his displeasure with the Pack during the season, this isn't unexpected. I give him credit for at least allowing TT the oppertunity to resolve this, and going forward to tell MM something I totally agree with, that you should have players that want to play for you.

It is someone's fault for J-Walk wanting out. WHO? I don't know. It could be TT, Andrew Brandt, Reggie McKenzie, ANYONE. Fact is someone dropped the ball BIG TIME with J-Walk, regardless of the fact that Walker wanted to redo his contract. There was surly a better way to keep Walker content enough to want to stay without redoing his contract. But someone failed, and it wasn't only Walker.

Doug Ritchay says it better than any of us can right here.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:

cant see the post

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the hate comes from his **** splattering of the organization. He could have dealt with this ALOT better instead of whinning about it

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
ahaug82 said:

cant see the post

You can't? It works for me.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahaug82 said:
JbShell said:
ahaug82 said:

cant see the post

You can't? It works for me.

no it is very tiny

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
ahaug82 said:
Heh. I linked it so it wouldn't take up a bunch of space, but whatever. :p

I linked it so I could read it :p

You could have just clicked it. That usually zooms in on the image if you using the image scale feature.

Ok, back on topic!!!! Bad Javon, bad!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for copying the article, Zero. With my dial-up connection here at home, it would've taken forever to access that link. I've always liked Doug Ritchay. He used to write for the Green Bay News Chronicle.

As for Javon, there are not enough bad things I can say about him right now, and others here have already said plenty. But at the same time, it's a little worrisome how much player discontent there has been in this organization during the last two years. It started under Sherman and has continued under Thompson. Maybe with Favre nearing the end of his career and the team not looking like a contender, players are just trying to cash in.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Thanks for copying the article, Zero. With my dial-up connection here at home, it would've taken forever to access that link. I've always liked Doug Ritchay. He used to write for the Green Bay News Chronicle.

As for Javon, there are not enough bad things I can say about him right now, and others here have already said plenty. But at the same time, it's a little worrisome how much player discontent there has been in this organization during the last two years. It started under Sherman and has continued under Thompson. Maybe with Favre nearing the end of his career and the team not looking like a contender, players are just trying to cash in.

Ok, I guess I'll include the articles in my posts from now on, even though large article posts like that drive me nuts. :x

I'll go text only from here on out I guess. :(

vikingmachine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon is damn talented, I can understand that some of you are sick of some of the drama but he's a helluva WR IMO.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
(just give him $500k more TT and resolve this issue...

I like how you think 500k would solve that problem. You really do want to play GM, don't you?

I think Javon wants a little more than 500k. This is TO Jr. here. He probably wants his millions too.

I like how you think this problem stems from TT not giving up a measly 500k. It is obviously a higher number Javon wanted. Keep this in mind when Javon signs a contract somewhere, the numbers he gets.

It will be more than 500k, GM66

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worse thing about this is now we're going to have to hang onto Robert Ferguson. Hopefully we resign Rod Gardner.

Staff online

Latest posts