J.Thompson (OLB) still not sure he will play with the a bad neck

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers : Rotoworld.com - Green Bay Packers News from Rotoworld.com

With Thompson still not sure if he is willing to play because of his neck problems, can't blame him, I wonder if this gives TT more of a reason to Pick an OLB early in the draft?

Even with your opinions on Brad Jones, we are lacking depth at the position, a key position in a 3-4 defensive scheme.

Other players are practice squad guys and Poppinga that are currently making up our depth. I see the Pack trading down and using one of their 2nd round picks on an OLB, not sold on the value of the guys that will be there in the 1st round, one of those players may drop to the second round anyway.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's a value pick, yes. Other than that, no.

Like I said before, TT focuses on future needs. With CM3 and Jones very young, starting OLB isn't a future need.

I think J Thompson not being sure he'll play pratically GUARANTEES that we'll pick an OLB SOMEWHERE.

But I don't see it influencing TT's first round decision...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a pass rusher above anything else--the Viking games, Steeler, and Cardinal games proved that. If we stick to the 3/4 then it's a linebacker or safety. Then, a cornerback, safety, and offensive linemen, and running back can fill out the draft.

Members online

Latest posts