I've come to realize

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't buy the idea that if the Packers had just stayed healthy they would be have a serious SB contender this year. SF and Seattle are IMO clearly better and will be next year too unless something changes around here.
The Packers lost to the 49ers on a last-second field goal. That hardly supports the 49ers as being "clearly better." The last couple games against the 49ers could have gone either way. Unfortunately for Packers fans, they went the wrong way. That happens from time to time in the NFL. Have patience.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Paraphrasing a few things my senile old brain remembers being posted on this board:

TT is an idiot for not offering big money to Albert Haynesworth!
TT is an idiot for not going after Nnamdi Asomugha!
TT should have gone after Peppers, now the Bears are going to kill us!
Philly's dream team is going all the way! Why can't TT make a big splash too?!
Minny just smoked TT in the 2013 draft, they are now the class of the division!

TT hasn't been perfect but he's been far from bad. We made a run and came within 3 pts of beating the 9er's while half the team was on IR! We have needs but this team is not out-classed by pretty much anyone IMO.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Paraphrasing a few things my senile old brain remembers being posted on this board:

TT is an idiot for not offering big money to Albert Haynesworth!
TT is an idiot for not going after Nnamdi Asomugha!
TT should have gone after Peppers, now the Bears are going to kill us!
Philly's dream team is going all the way! Why can't TT make a big splash too?!
Minny just smoked TT in the 2013 draft, they are now the class of the division!

TT hasn't been perfect but he's been far from bad. We made a run and came within 3 pts of beating the 9er's while half the team was on IR! We have needs but this team is not out-classed by pretty much anyone IMO.

I agree which is why it irritaes me that defense is as bad as it is but the mindset hasn't chnaged on how to improve it.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Notice that both of TT's big FA signings, Woodson and Pickett, were pretty good bargains at the time. Those kind of deals don't come along often but when they do he's shown willingness to bite. Let the Chicago's and Philly's of the league overpay for under achievers.

I would assume if some high value FA sneaks under the radar again TT will have a look. That's a big if though. More than likely we'll see teams paying big bucks for the Eric Waldens of the league.
No thanks...

And like I said in my previous post we were 3 pts from the NFCC game and I don't see the Seahags as being head and shoulders better. We were not outclassed even with half the team out with injuries!
Had Aaron had been on his game a bit more I'm thinking we'd be having a vastly different conversation today.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first off take a volume k? Secondly the biggest knock i've had on TT is this team has been horrible on defense the past 3 seasons which has cost us even a chance to sniff a SB and nothing really has changed. Am i wrong for putting blame on the guy responsible for the personel on the team? if i am then i apologize haha. I don't have to justify that even tho i want Capers out to most of the issues are because of the lack of talent at key positions...TT can explain that to you.

I accept your apology.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And like I said in my previous post we were 3 pts from the NFCC game and I don't see the Seahags as being head and shoulders better. We were not outclassed even with half the team out with injuries!
Had Aaron had been on his game a bit more I'm thinking we'd be having a vastly different conversation today.

I guess I'm probably in the minority here, but as I recall the intensity of that NFC Championship game and the way those two defenses went at it full tilt, I just couldn't see the Packers having the upper hand in that game. Offensively? Of course. Better. Defensively? Not anywhere near the same level as those two defenses.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson, McCarthy and Capers will all leave together. Thompson's reluctancy to sign impact free agents, McCarthy playcalling and faithfulness to Capers, will lead to all three of them being without a job in a few years. All three of them will be let go together. I am convinced of this.

TT makes no sense to me. The NFC continues to get better and he still wants to stick to his philosophy!!
This is the same group of guys and personal that won us a SB recently.
Fans need to stop blaming them for our lousy season and instead start blaming the injuries.
I'm not happy either that the Packers are not in the SB but I have faith and trust that the personal know what they are doing and that they are doing their best.

It could be worse. We could be fans of the Cleveland Clowns.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm probably in the minority here, but as I recall the intensity of that NFC Championship game and the way those two defenses went at it full tilt, I just couldn't see the Packers having the upper hand in that game. Offensively? Of course. Better. Defensively? Not anywhere near the same level as those two defenses.

Nope...I'm with you. I hear you and agree. The Packers defense at season's end was not even close to Seattles. Even if healthy... we're not as good right now. ...but I think we'll have the better roster out of the gates next year and I honestly think we have the best offense in the league.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but if TT will rely exclusively on the draft over the next few years I´m almost certain we won´t win another Super Bowl during Aaron´s tenure as the Packers OB. And taking into consideration that he´s the best QB in the business would be a huge disappointment.
Yeah it would be nice if we could win the superbowl. I bet the saints and pats feel the same way. Brady hasn't won in forever and saints finally had a d and still lost. Fact is only 1 team can win in a year. The packers are one of the top teams year in and year out. The packers biggest need is finding a way to fix all these injuries. If not for that we may still be playing now. We have a much better team than most are giving the packers credit for.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how we can be so close to beating the 49ers with a wheelchair team and we have so much room for improvement on D. The way I see it is the 49ers don't have much room for improvement the are really good on d, have a really good running game great wrs, oline. Hmmm didn't the packers almost beat that team?? What if the packers make a little improvement on D. Wouldn't we beat them then? What if the packers oline improves some? Wouldn't we win? The packers oline will have More Depth next year and some good battles in camp.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Ted going with Rodgers over Favre in 2008 more than makes up for that argument. And besides that means he was better than the 20 something GM who skipped over him in 2005. So TT is at least a top 10 gm then based off the point you are making.
No argument or point being made.
I'm just wondering who Ted would have drafted if Rodgers wasn't there.
Kind of defensive of Teddy aren't you. Sheesh!

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, guess I jumped too quickly to a conclusions there. After I read it again I can see how you were just posting a legitimate question not a sarcastic one that questions the job TT as done.

I will say looking at it now it is an interesting thought, definitely worthy of discussion.

D

Deleted member 6794

The packers biggest need is finding a way to fix all these injuries. If not for that we may still be playing now.

The problem though is that it seems the front office is reluctant to change the strength and conditioning staff. IMO the injuries the Packers have suffered three of the last four season can´t be attributed to bad luck anymore, there´s something wrong with the training.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You would think the entire Thompson family post in here with how defensive some of these guys are when it comes to TT haha. The moment you disagree with something he's done or hasn't done here they come! you autmatically are a hater just because smh.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, guess I jumped too quickly to a conclusions there. After I read it again I can see how you were just posting a legitimate question not a sarcastic one that questions the job TT as done.

I will say looking at it now it is an interesting thought, definitely worthy of discussion.
Apology accepted.
Do you have any idea what the buzz was as to who the Pack had their eye on prior to AR falling to #24.
And I do believe Ted is a top 10 GM.
We have seen alot of success with TT at the controls.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apology accepted.
Do you have any idea what the buzz was as to who the Pack had their eye on prior to AR falling to #24.
And I do believe Ted is a top 10 GM.
We have seen alot of success with TT at the controls.

If results mean anything at all, I don't know how he can't be put in the top 5 of all GMs.

Members online

Latest posts