It's Time to STOP PLAYING Games!

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been a football fan my whole life and through playing and watching football their is one thing that has never changed and it's as basic as X's & O's. The Game is won in lost on the Line of Scrimmage. Scrap this Zone Blocking Scheme.

Our Offensive Lineman don't have a mean streak & I'm tired of seeing guys getting walked backwards trying to pass protect because the Defensive Lineman are either bigger & stronger. It is also affecting out running game. We have had a serious running game since Ahman Green left town. Remember the U Formation. I originally thought that the zone blocking scheme would work great, but the truth to the matter is what team has ever won a championship with it? The physical play within football sets the tone. If you don't believe me just look at the teams that can run the football. Look at the size of their Offensive Line. The have players that go in the 340's and 350's not Tackles that are 315 and Guards that are 305 trying to block Defensive Tackles that are 340 & 350. It doesn't matchup and it doesn't work. Now I applaud TT for the drafting of BJ Raji because he fell to us. He is a start in the right direction for our Defense, however our O-Line is still what it is. Is anyone tired of seeing the Cowboys, Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Vikings etc run the ball down peoples throats and stop the run on Defense. Well just look for yourself and make your own evaluation. Football is a physical sport and the tone was and still is set along the Line of Scrimmage. Review the size of our Offensive Line compared to the others by just putting your cursor over the lineman's name:

Minnesota Vikings Depth Chart | NFL at CBSSports.com

We need to get Bigger and Stronger along the Line. You can check the other teams by selecting the team in the upper right hand corner.

OHIOFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100%, we need to provide Rodgers with a barrier so he has time to let the plays develop. TT might not be as bad as I think at evaluating OL prospects, they might just be using them wrong.

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy has been defending the zone-blocking scheme for the last couple of years and there has been no improvement. His reluctance to abandon this system has shown in the running game as well as pass blocking. Things need to change!

Members online

Latest posts