It's not that bad....

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
*ducks*

No really. First of all you have no idea how much this win meant to the Colts and their fans. After the corpse known as the 2011 Colts season many jumped ship. This energized the fanbase in a new way I believe.

This team truly loves Chuck Pagano and he was given the game ball. He has energized this entire team since he was hired.

I heard the Colts really talked things out at halftime and even got in each others faces a bit. Win or lose I think they wanted to show more passion and execution then the first half. And they did. They are really bonding right now as a team too, it was bad timing for Green Bay.

Sure this roster might make some of you laugh. It has injuries and a lack of depth in key areas. A lot of youth. But, keep in mind some of these rookies like Andrew Luck have a chance to be special players. I don't consider losing to Luck in Indy embarrassing, I think the kid has a shot to have a really good career in the NFL.

Guys like Reggie Wayne are simply awesome, period. You got one of his most passionate games ever. Guys like Freeney/Mathis/Bethea ain't so shabby either. There is a ton of youth but still solid veteran leadership here to help out the youth.

As for the Packers this was a heartbreaker. I understand this and I feel for you guys. But, keep your chins up. The Packers are not dead. Last year everything came too easy. Wins are not just going to be handed to you in this league either, talent alone is not always enough.

Green Bay needs to get back some of this passion and urgency again. They showed it in the Bears game on defense and had much of it in 2010. I truly believe if they get the heart back in there they can contend for another SB.

You just can't show up in this league and win. You need to fight for it too. Beating the Packers is a statement now. The Colts made a statement with it. Other teams are going to keep trying it.

Last but not least, the run game is not being respected when it comes to the Packers and teams want to tee off on Rodgers. This has to change. And the D IMO is better this year but can still be lazy.

And yeah Houston can be beaten. You think they are going 16-0? I don't. Protect Rodgers and limit their run game though......

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest I was stunned too. I thought Indy MIGHT get back in the game after the Rodgers pick but then I thought it might just be to make the game interesting and nothing else. Winning seemed like a long shot.

Holy crap. I am not rubbing it in either I swear. The last time the Colts came back from 21-3 was the 2006 AFCCG vs. NE and before that I believe was only 1995 with Jim Harbaugh at QB. The odds are normally not favorable.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno what to say re your posts. From what I'm hearing, this team is as close to dead as it gets. I consider losing to Luck in Indy embarassing. He's a rookie, and we couldn't rattle him? The fat lady is warming up when Houston cranks us by 21. It isnt about how up and coming Indy is right now; it is how pathetic the Packers lost.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Following the second-half collapse last Sunday at Indianapolis, the Packers are now 4-5 in their last nine games dating back to 2011.

The Packers magic carpet ride ended last year when Philbin's drunk druggy punk kid went into the frozen river. Sad. But true. Now we have to catch up to a bunch of other teams, and we miss Collins & Jenkins still tremendously. And Bishop.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*ducks*
You just can't show up in this league and win. You need to fight for it too. Beating the Packers is a statement now. The Colts made a statement with it. Other teams are going to keep trying it.

Last but not least, the run game is not being respected when it comes to the Packers and teams want to tee off on Rodgers. This has to change. And the D IMO is better this year but can still be lazy.

And yeah Houston can be beaten. You think they are going 16-0? I don't. Protect Rodgers and limit their run game though......
I knew all along... if we didn't take Jerry Hughes from them, they'd beat us! See.

Here's one worry I have for the Houston game.
We just made Donald Young look good. Donald freaking Young! Nobody does that.
We also made Andrew Luck look like Joe Montana in his prime.

Now we face Arian Foster, who is 20x the RB that Young is.
Reggie Wayne is great, but Andre Johnson is a better bigger younger version.

And then there's JJ Watt, who is the NFL Defensive MVP this year so far, in a landslide.
Unless both Watt and Foster go out with hamstrings or something, I cannot see us slowing those guys down.

But I've been wrong before, many times.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*ducks*

No really. First of all you have no idea how much this win meant to the Colts and their fans.
I just can't tell you how elated I am to be the fan of the team that:
1) Was part of a last second play with a call that should have gone their way from bogus, under qualified scab refs which brought back the real refs.
2) Was the first team to play and lose against another whose coach had ended up being in the hospital that week because of cancer/leukemia.
Gee. It just makes me soooooo happy that the Packers is the LOSING team to be the one and no others to be part of this NFL history! *Sarcasm*

But seriously: Just how much more :poop: is going to keep on getting piled on to us until we see the Packers return to the winning team we all know and love?
We deserve some really awesome and super good karma, BIG TIME from all the :poop: this team and it's fans have had to put up with.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers magic carpet ride ended last year when Philbin's drunk druggy stupid punk kid went into the frozen river. Sad. But true. Now we have to catch up to a bunch of other teams, and we miss Collins & Jenkins still tremendously. And Bishop.
Hope you don't mind that I added in one more adjective in there.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I knew all along... if we didn't take Jerry Hughes from them, they'd beat us! See.

And then there's JJ Watt, who is the NFL Defensive MVP this year so far, in a landslide.
Unless both Watt and Foster go out with hamstrings or something, I cannot see us slowing those guys down.

Hey it's Donald Brown. ;)

I know what you mean though. The Texans look daunting right now, they can be beaten though. They won't go 16-0. They have a terrific o line. Unlike the porous o line in Indy, Luck keeps a lot of things alive. Schaub has the o line and the run game and yeah....Andre.

It will be a challenge for sure. On defense they are tough to run on. And the Packers o line scares me a lot.

Who knows, the Pack are not the Cleveland Browns or something. They can win. It will be tough though no doubt.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I just can't tell you how elated I am to be the fan of the team that:
1) Was part of a last second play with a call that should have gone their way from bogus, under qualified scab refs which brought back the real refs.
2) Was the first team to play and lose against another whose coach had ended up being in the hospital that week because of cancer/leukemia.
Gee. It just makes me soooooo happy that the Packers is the LOSING team to be the one and no others to be part of this NFL history! *Sarcasm*

But seriously: Just how much more :poop: is going to keep on getting piled on to us until we see the Packers return to the winning team we all know and love?
We deserve some really awesome and super good karma, BIG TIME from all the :poop: this team and it's fans have had to put up with.

I hear ya. Maybe the Pack are in the Holiday giving mood though early?

But, really. The Seattle game was a win. Not in the standings but it was a win.

I think a win in Houston would do wonders. I really hope it happens. It is nothing against Houston either since they are the one AFC South rival I actually don't mind most of the time either. The Packers need it more and Houston can afford to drop one.

Nobody

Colts Fan
Reaction score

Who is Young? This year, Reggie is twice the receiver Johnson is.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last game was a nice team effort . . . at losing. Coach mismanaging clock, Rodgers INT, Matthews not wrapping up QB, kicking, tackling, etc, etc, etc. Rarely can you distribute so much blame so thoroughly. I give a lot of credit to Indy for stepping up and pulling that one off.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest I was stunned too. I thought Indy MIGHT get back in the game after the Rodgers pick but then I thought it might just be to make the game interesting and nothing else. Winning seemed like a long shot.

Holy crap. I am not rubbing it in either I swear. The last time the Colts came back from 21-3 was the 2006 AFCCG vs. NE and before that I believe was only 1995 with Jim Harbaugh at QB. The odds are normally not favorable.

Jules, did you note that "Nobody" liked your first two posts? ;) Haha... ok... I'll let it alone. :)

Your post after a good win for your guys was certainly an effort in good sportsmanship. (Notice how I carefully stepped around the now cliche "classy"? I despise the use of that term on nearly every damned football forum and radio sports talk venue.)

However, even a week removed from that game -- I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Packers fan, Packers coach or player, member of the national media or any bum on the street who would agree with your "overly kind" assertion that "It's not that bad". It IS that bad if you're not a fan of the Colts, Bears, Vikings and/or Lions. Oddly enough, I can't think of a worse outcome for the Packers and their fans since the '97 game where the World Champion Packers went into Indy (who was 0-10 [the opposite of undefeated -- which is "defeated"] at the time), and were beaten 41-38. Adding insult to injury, Detroit murdered the Colts the following week. It was at that point that I came to realize that the '97 Packers were not the same team as the '96 Packers.

12theTruth

The Packers have time to turn things around. But to fall apart as they did against the Colts doesn't bode well relating to the mental health of this team. I still feel as though Mike McCarthy is an extremely arrogant man to think he can place Van Pelt (who had been predominantly a QB coach for his short coaching career and was briefly an offensive coordinator before getting fired) in charge of the RB's. He has been on poor staffs and fired often. Not a good selection by McCarthy for RUNNING BACKS coach IMO.

If the Packers can't turn it around and make the playoffs then I think Capers, Campen, and Van Pelt should be relieved of their duties. Why? Because irrespective of injuries we have witnessed far too frequent of systematic breakdowns by the team.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well maybe it is that bad. The Colts are young and inconsistent. But, they are making the Jets look awesome today and our offense sucks.:(

Maybe the Packers D really is that bad......:(

Guess we'll find out tonight. Sigh.

Also doesn't help the Colts lost Mathis vs. the Pack for a few weeks and the starting RB. We banged each other up.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Jules, the telltale sign of an 'average' or below average team is when they play up and down to the competition they're facing on any given week. The Colts are re-tooling and it's to be expected with a young, young team. I think I heard last week that the Colts have 9 rookie starters. After last season I would think that 'average' isn't a bad place to be if you're the Colts at this juncture in their rehab.

I have half a notion that the Pack will look respectable tonight and that will calm a lot of angry Packer typists -- but yeah, the Pack's defense really IS that bad.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Jules, the telltale sign of an 'average' or below average team is when they play up and down to the competition they're facing on any given week. The Colts are re-tooling and it's to be expected with a young, young team. I think I heard last week that the Colts have 9 rookie starters. After last season I would think that 'average' isn't a bad place to be if you're the Colts at this juncture in their rehab.

I have half a notion that the Pack will look respectable tonight and that will calm a lot of angry Packer typists -- but yeah, the Pack's defense really IS that bad.

I am fine where this squad is even though I miss Pagano. It will be a roller coaster season. They bounce back well after a loss but can't seem to follow up a win with a good performance yet either.

Oh yeah I agree with everything you said. And another sign of this young retooling team is being able to play well at home or keep it close even in a loss but go on the road in two games and get blown out. They need the comfort right now of their stadium and their Colts blankets. They will grow up though. Sometimes I am STILL learning these guys names lmao.

I am really curious to watch tonight. Good luck guys, I hope this works out for the Packers. The Packers are not as bad as they showed vs. Indy and the Colts not as good as they showed vs. the Pack.

I hope the Pack win.

Nobody

Colts Fan
Reaction score
At least we get to play the Browns. That could be good or bad. If we lose to them at home...

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
At least we get to play the Browns. That could be good or bad. If we lose to them at home...

Well, lookee here ... Nobody's around... {love that handle - lmao - but, I'll leave it alone going forward and come up with a new schtick.}

Look, the Colts are where the Packers organization was (except for the 29-year history of futility) in the very early 90's. Each win is a stepping stone to establishing a new corporate culture. A win over the Browns at this point should be every bit as important as a surprise win over a perennial contender. Now really, the Colts only had one "bottom out" year before they land their new franchise QB -- the Colts situation is more comparable to the Cowboys of the late 80's and early 90's prior to their getting Troy Aikman. Colts will be back soon enough...Colts should beat the Browns this week...particularly after the big shake up internally in Cleveland, plus, the Browns are now officially owned by a Steeler -- how would you like to be a Browns fan?

Members online

Latest posts