It's Draft Day Cheeseheads - State your picks in this thread

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
fondypackfan said:
So whats your thoughts guys we have to go defense the rest of the draft it would be nice to get a Crowder or the guy from Georgia in the second round.

who's the georgia guy? be nice to get cody, pool, roth, crowder or one of the other nice d guys left in the 2nd.

Maybe David Pollack who went to the Bengals. He is a killer DE. Of course he is gone now.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Slick i guess i kind of figured that when they re-signed Nall, that they werent expecting Rodgers to fall all the way to us. When they picked him I blew up....so when i posted that i wasnt thinking....maybe this will end up being a good pick after all.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Cheezy said:
Hey Slick i guess i kind of figured that when they re-signed Nall, that they werent expecting Rodgers to fall all the way to us. When they picked him I blew up....so when i posted that i wasnt thinking....maybe this will end up being a good pick after all.

I think it will. To me this says they are not sold on Nall or want a security blanket for the future. Perhaps someone will give us their second rounder for him? I'm not sure. (The second rounder would be for Rodgers)

McBrien is too small to play QB <-- my opinion
O'Sullivan <-- probably dropped to practice squad or jus cut

I think our QB lineup will be Favre, Nall and Rodgers.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Query to the Group ----

Since we've seen three rounds of drafting - which have also shown us that even Ted Thompson will trade "down", when I would have never done that, in no way, shape, or form.... Our first three choices remain as an enigma wrapped inside of a total mystery..!

Now - I do like the Aaron Rodgers choice - and he's all set to go hang out with his new favorite friend - Brett Favre! Knowing the guy had Brett as his role model being a QB helps...

But since we let Crowder, Roth, Burnett, Poole, and all the other fav choices WE wanted... I gotta tell ya - until later on last nite, I was flummmoxed.

But, here's the thing - IF Ted & Co have decided to forgo all the major picks from OUR WISH LIST - there has to be a reason, right? Yeah! Sure there is - and NO, I don't have a main line for what that might be.... Prez, or no Prez - even I don't have that clout.... although, a couple of phone calls to our Charity Support Mgmt Staff might reap benefits... So, having said all that... try this ---

Ted Thompson has sat down with both Mike Sherman (QB &WR pick) and Jim Bates (CB pick) and found that Jim Bates turned out to be a real salesman concerning the current crop of GBP Players that we already have!

Yep, you heard me - Jim Bates Defense style is such that having smaller "quicker" players on D - is exactly what he prefers. With exception of growing redwood forest trees to stand in the middle (Gravedigger & Grady Jackson, like we had that one year comes to mind) - What's more - his style works pretty well, as we all saw with his track record at Miami.

So - the thing - is if, and I do mean IF, we're lucky they may go after Hawthorne to help bulk up the middle or to save the middle pending Jackson gets hurt.... Otherwise, it now looks like the Packers will work to look at whomever may get let go on June 1st - in order to take care of any needs lacking by Draft's end.......

Who's gone by June 1st? With the Draft choices that we've used? That would be:

• Mark (I know how to play Safety) Roman
    Cletidus (Roll me another Doobie) Hunt
That's my take! While it seems to lack any Ted Thompson logic - Is Mike Sherman running this Draft? At first glance, it really feels that way - you and I both know it, yea hey! But - I think the fly in the ointment for what OUR choices would have been.....

...........is Jim Bates!

There's no other way to figure this... and the WR choice was all about Javon Walker's contract coming up next year, totally! It also alleviates any real positioning of Brett Favre being the ONLY QB worth a damn and causing him to think he HAS to stay to help out the Team one more year - especially when Deanna may have a relapse (Lord, I wish it doesn't work out that way, but you understand where I am coming from) More to the point, - Deanna may decide at Season's end that she'd rather have her ol' man home beside the fire for good - and has finally gotten tired of sharing him with the public. Which is a very realistic approach to the Brett Favre issue, thru & thru.....

Aside from that - the other choice is I would guess, be for Special Teams or to allow Jim Bates some flexibility on who else to let go.... We have what - 6 or seven that have ability to blow it in "Training, Min, and Pre-season" camps? They are (off the top of my head) - [AL HARRIS isn't going anywhere]

• Ahmad Carroll (CB)
    Joey Thomas (CB)
    Chris Johnson (CB)
    Nick Collins (S/CB) (Draft Choice - whose stats look pretty good, actually)
    Earl Little (S)
    Jason Horton (CB)
    Arturo Freeman (S)
And, after reading the WR/KR Draft choice we took - I can see where on Special Teams - he may fill a void we've had ever since Desmond Howard left to go to the Black Hole. Or, Robert "sure hands" Ferguson may find he's not fast enuf to KEEP his job, too! If I missed anyone - well, oops.... We know all players wil be given the chance to 'lose' their jobs....

Comments?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts