It's 2010 all over again

Packers80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys.. this looks real familiar. We lost tough games back in 2010 that people thought we had no business losing. Injuries piled up.. with the result being 15 players on the IR. Our back-ups stepped up huge. We were a banged up team, barley making it into the playoffs as the 6th seed and catching fire. Our run game was depleted and A-Rod was coming into his own.. I hope no one has lost hope. Because this fight is far from over.

We're 4-3.. let's keep pushing.

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really trying to only look at it one game at a time so that my hopes aren't dashed in the end, but I am (cautiously) optimistic because they have really turned it around these last couple weeks... and we all remember what happened the last time the Packers got on a roll after a not-so-impressive start.

OP
OP
Packers80

Packers80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm really trying to only look at it one game at a time so that my hopes aren't dashed in the end, but I am (cautiously) optimistic because they have really turned it around these last couple weeks... and we all remember what happened the last time the Packers got on a roll after a not-so-impressive start.
Exactly.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
It does feel similar, however we had a few tough losses mid-to-late season that year, so it'll be interesting to see what happens this year as the season goes on. I feel we should be 6-3 going into the bye, and after that we just need to win the divisional games. After last years one and done though I just want to take things one game at a time, and hope we get in the playoffs playing hot like right now.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel we should be 6-3 going into the bye, and after that we just need to win the divisional games..
Right.
After the bye at (should be) 6-3, and then we come out of the bye with this stretch:

AT Calvin Johnson Detroit
AT Victor Cruz NY Giants
vs Percy Harvin Minnasoda
vs Calvin Johnson again Detroit
@ Julius Peppers Chicago
vs Chris Johnson Tennessee
@ Adrian Peterson Minnasoda

You can see that 6 of those 7 are NFC games, and 5 of them are divisional games.
If we go 4-1 in the division, that's at least a 10-6 record and a 5-1 divisional record.
But here's the weird thing: The Viqueens are 5-2 right now and the Bears are 5-1 with the Lions visiting tomorrow.
10-6 might not be good enough. Of course we should beat Tennessee.

Personally, my ideal goal is to get the #2 seed. One bye. One home game, and then hopefully one win in the confines of Atlanta or San Francisco.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be all about the divisional games. If the Vikings can go 1-1 against both the Bears and the Packers, we are gold. If we go 0-2 against either, not good. The Packers are right there. Slow start but you still have the best QB in football.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ that's impossible as of now, we already beat the bears once. I see us only losing one divisional game. I think we can beat the queens both home and away. The lions defense is ultra skeptic and we can beat them home and away...the only game I worry about is the bears game at soldier field. That turf sucks *** and can cause injury and the bears always play us tough at their house.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think it's 2010 all over again then I think these vids are worth a re-watch.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Right.
After the bye at (should be) 6-3, and then we come out of the bye with this stretch:

AT Calvin Johnson Detroit
AT Victor Cruz NY Giants
vs Percy Harvin Minnasoda
vs Calvin Johnson again Detroit
@ Julius Peppers Chicago
vs Chris Johnson Tennessee
@ Adrian Peterson Minnasoda

You can see that 6 of those 7 are NFC games, and 5 of them are divisional games.
If we go 4-1 in the division, that's at least a 10-6 record and a 5-1 divisional record.
But here's the weird thing: The Viqueens are 5-2 right now and the Bears are 5-1 with the Lions visiting tomorrow.
10-6 might not be good enough. Of course we should beat Tennessee.

Personally, my ideal goal is to get the #2 seed. One bye. One home game, and then hopefully one win in the confines of Atlanta or San Francisco.
I don't think any game is a sure win with what we have on the field now/Indy and the jags were byes for us but, we struggled with a loss and a not so impressive win, but a win...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts