It seems that some of the fans forget...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:
Didn't they say that Aaron Taylor and Adam Timmerman could not be replaced? Didn't the Bear fans laugh and say that when Ruettgers was gone, so would the Packers?

Didn't everyone agree that Sterling Sharpe's departure was the beginning of the end for the Packers?

Philly, take your sorry assed argument and try to flame somewhere else. Packers have an offensive unit led by the greatest QB to ever put on a helmet. He had receivers that are below the level of what he has today and still won the superbowl and has directed his team to the playoffs 10 out of 12 years.

What have YOUR team done? Got anyone that c ould even come close?

Sorry but the Packers defense was light years ahead of the current one when they won the Super Bowl and that is why they have not been back since. Dan Marino racked up a lot of yards too and has zero rings to show for it. One player can not win the title by himself and a one sided team will not get it done either (Colts, Chiefs, Rams) Look at the Patriots for the blueprint. By the way, Favre is one of the greats but not the greatest. No offense to Favre. I would take Elway (5 Super Bowls, 2 rings) to win a game in the clutch any day. How many times can you recall Elway throwing a pick when the game was on the line?

Yeah Phil, one sided teams never get it done. Thank God the Ravens had an offense to go along with their defense when they won it. Go back to flaming and watch your team win another 5 games this year with all those studs they have. The Packers will simply compete for another division crown with the rotten defense you speak of. :lol:
The Ravens had one of the best if not the best running games in the league. Try again

Not being able to throw the ball whatsoever does not give you balance just because you can run it. But ok, Phil, I'll try again. How about the Rams? Are you going to tell me their defense was stellar and the "Greatest Show on Turf" didn't carry them to the title?

You can try to convince yourself that the Packers will win the Super Bowl with a very poor defense until you are blue in the face. If they were as good as you say then they don't loose at home in the first round last year. (to a Vikings team that you say is not very good) By the way, the Packers offense can not score like that Rams team could so I miss the connection.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
[quote="Obi1":e5okv68u]Didn't they say that Aaron Taylor and Adam Timmerman could not be replaced? Didn't the Bear fans laugh and say that when Ruettgers was gone, so would the Packers?

Didn't everyone agree that Sterling Sharpe's departure was the beginning of the end for the Packers?

Philly, take your sorry assed argument and try to flame somewhere else. Packers have an offensive unit led by the greatest QB to ever put on a helmet. He had receivers that are below the level of what he has today and still won the superbowl and has directed his team to the playoffs 10 out of 12 years.

What have YOUR team done? Got anyone that c ould even come close?

Sorry but the Packers defense was light years ahead of the current one when they won the Super Bowl and that is why they have not been back since. Dan Marino racked up a lot of yards too and has zero rings to show for it. One player can not win the title by himself and a one sided team will not get it done either (Colts, Chiefs, Rams) Look at the Patriots for the blueprint. By the way, Favre is one of the greats but not the greatest. No offense to Favre. I would take Elway (5 Super Bowls, 2 rings) to win a game in the clutch any day. How many times can you recall Elway throwing a pick when the game was on the line?

Yeah Phil, one sided teams never get it done. Thank God the Ravens had an offense to go along with their defense when they won it. Go back to flaming and watch your team win another 5 games this year with all those studs they have. The Packers will simply compete for another division crown with the rotten defense you speak of. :lol:
The Ravens had one of the best if not the best running games in the league. Try again

Not being able to throw the ball whatsoever does not give you balance just because you can run it. But ok, Phil, I'll try again. How about the Rams? Are you going to tell me their defense was stellar and the "Greatest Show on Turf" didn't carry them to the title?

You can try to convince yourself that the Packers will win the Super Bowl with a very poor defense until you are blue in the face. If they were as good as you say then they don't loose at home in the first round last year. (to a Vikings team that you say is not very good) By the way, the Packers offense can not score like that Rams team could so I miss the connection.[/quote:e5okv68u]

Short term memory Phil? The connection is that you said one sided teams can't get it done and I gave you the Ravens and the Rams. Go find a Bears forum to talk crappy football team news and leave winners with winners. I know, I know...you arent supposed to be a flaming poster but a person with a different perspective but I haven't seen much but "flaming". Sorry

Oh, by the way, after further review...Bears still suck!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before I get warned to take this to the smack area, I'll leave Phil alone now. I just wanted him to know that not everyone likes his little "put the Bears spin on everything in this forum just to try and stir the pot" posts. He may have good points to other people but all I ever see is him trying to put Walter Payton and George Halas in 99.9% of his posts.

GO PACKERS!!!

I'm done now.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Go find a Bears forum to talk crappy football team news and leave winners with winners. I know, I know...you arent supposed to be a flaming poster but a person with a different perspective but I haven't seen much but "flaming". Sorry

Oh, by the way, after further review...Bears still suck!

exactly who's doing the flaming here? im really getting tired of reading nonsense like this.

these types of conversations are thoroughly lame, not to mention they negatively influence the direction of the thread. these playground style posts and personal beefs are more than welcome in the smack forum...not here. if i see anymore junior high-school activity in this thread im going to delete it.

have fun.

*carry on*

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Before I get warned to take this to the smack area, I'll leave Phil alone now. I just wanted him to know that not everyone likes his little "put the Bears spin on everything in this forum just to try and stir the pot" posts. He may have good points to other people but all I ever see is him trying to put Walter Payton and George Halas in 99.9% of his posts.

GO PACKERS!!!

I'm done now.

hey no fair.

you typed this while i was typing mine. just know this stuff needs to stop ND. i'm not interested in who's at fault, i simply don't want to read it anymore.

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
NDPackerFan said:

GO PACKERS!!!

I'm done now.

hey no fair.

you typed this while i was typing mine. just know this stuff needs to stop ND. i'm not interested in who's at fault, i simply don't want to read it
anymore.

So what are you saying? Its OK to flame and not OK to counterflame?
I don't get it. Its all right for a NON Packer fan to attack the packers but not OK for the Packers fan to defend?

I thought this was America.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
So what are you saying? Its OK to flame and not OK to counterflame?
I don't get it. Its all right for a NON Packer fan to attack the packers but not OK for the Packers fan to defend?

I thought this was America.

Obi-

is that what you got from that?

im not going to debate this with you. this is a warning to anybody who wants to turn a thread into a sophomoric pissing contest. i'm tired of reading it...so it ends here, understand? if i see anymore BS name-calling from EITHER of you i'm going to delete it.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Steel Wheels said:
You're definately wrong...

I would just like to address Steel Wheels, Musccy and the other nay-sayers that say the Pack do not have a chance this season.

In 1958, the Pack suffered the worst losing streak in their entire history (1-10-1). Head Coach Ray "Scooter" McLean retired amid screams that the Pack were "a bunch of bums" among other insults. In 1959, Vince Lombardi was named Head Coach and General Manager. His first year he elevated the Pack to a 7-5 record and was named "Coach of the Year". The Pack finished no less than second from 1960 until 1967, and won World Championship titles in 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966 and 1967.

The moral of this story? Guess who's names were among that "bunch of bums" on the 1958 roster during the worst season of Green Bay's history.

Here's a hint: Starr, Hornung, Nitschke, Taylor and Ringo.

Now what were you saying about a coach only being to do so much?

Go Pack!

Robert C. Hedley

You have a point but, you forget the other side of the ball at the beginning of Lombardi's reign and the fact the Pack was loaded with talent due to previous drafts that were the result of being the bottom feeders for so long. Besides Lombardi was one of a kind and will not reappear in todays system.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you just imagine what the NFL would be like if the tactics and rules were the same now as they were in Lombardi's day..... Player's rights? Ya kiddin' me, right? Walker would already be playing for the worst Team in football by now - no choice at all where he'd be allowed to go by the Packers....

It'd be fun, but it'll never happen!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts