It seems that some of the fans forget...

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:
USUALLY, having that kind of difference in the head position makes a huge difference in the mindset of the player.

Was the problem REALLY in the lack of good players or in the lack of motivation, focus, and accountability?

That may result in the Packers having the BEST year of this MILLENIUM. Who knows?

At least I'd like to believe.....

How about the Packers defense is just not very good and they do not have enough talent on that side of the ball? On top of that the offense has gotten weaker. When I pointed out that the Bears changed offensive coordinators and up graded in several positions on offense you went into your little rant about overachievers and typing words in CAPITALS again. Do you know anything at all about pro football? I say the answer to that would be NO. You may LOVE the Packers but you don't seem to be following the same game as EVERYONE ELSE.

You ought to know about the NO TALENT team. Bears HAVE overachieved.

The Packers, with defense, 'just not very good' as it was the last 2 years STILL made the playoffs and won 10 games each year.

And if you look at my post, I am saying that the current defense will be slightly better accross the board and so the offense that carried the team all along will have an easier time of it.

Need I remind you that the Packers have won more games in 1 year than your pathetic teddies have won in 2 years?

Perhaps one day, when your team actually gets quality players, coaches, management and are rid of so called fans like you, the Bears will stazrt to actually win some games...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Why Chase?

Are YOU saying that Bates WON'T make a difference?

No, he is saying that you are wrong because you are wrong. They don't have the players and that is that.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
I read a LOT about how weak our defense was, and is presumed to be.

Yes, our defense was VERY porous last year. I agree we haven't done much to upgrade our player personnel

So why do you feel that this is going to be so much better? You know, if the offense drops off (and there is reason to believe that it will) then the defense will be on the field that much more. Think about that for a minute. If they could not stop teams while moving the ball themselves then what is going to happen if they struggle on offense?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In other words: Good coaching makes all the difference in the world. The differences between the accomplishments of the 1958 and 1959 Packers proves that point.
Robert C. Hedley

ANUBIS..it's a good thing HARLAN/TT went out and hired BATES though, isn't it?....because if it was left up to SHERMAN..i GUARANTEE that the PACK would still have SLOWIK (or someone worse)...this is why I can't stand the guy....

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:

Yes, our defense was VERY porous last year. I agree we haven't done much to upgrade our player personnel

So why do you feel that this is going to be so much better? You know, if the offense drops off (and there is reason to believe that it will) then the defense will be on the field that much more. Think about that for a minute. If they could not stop teams while moving the ball themselves then what is going to happen if they struggle on offense?

Why are the reasons to think the offense will drop off? Are you assuming Walker won't be in, or Franks, the 2 new guards? What are the reasons? I think you'll see #84, #88, and the guards hold up and this offense will be as potent as ever. Sounds to me like jealousy breeds contempt. Don't worry, your sorry-*** Bears will win again someday, sooner or later but probably later.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and by the way Phil. The defense was so bad last year that it sacked the Bears quarterback 9 times in the regular season finale. Not much to say about the Bears offense, huh?

God I hate the Bears.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil sounds like he is doing a lot of wishful evil thinking in regards to the Packers. Probably because it is the only way the pathetic Bears can move up is if everybody above them gets worse. The Bears won't get better again. God bless the McCaskeys.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:

Why are the reasons to think the offense will drop off? Are you assuming Walker won't be in, or Franks, the 2 new guards? quote]

I think you answered the question yourself. You lost 2 starting linemen, maybe a starting receiver and Franks, Favre is getting older and don't forget Green's problems also.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Oh, and by the way Phil. The defense was so bad last year that it sacked the Bears quarterback 9 times in the regular season finale. Not much to say about the Bears offense, huh?

God I hate the Bears.

Sacking the Bears QB last year was not a difficult thing to do. Quinn was the worst QB that I have ever seen and he is long gone. I doubt that they will get 9 sacks on the Bears this season so don't pat yourself on the back to much.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
Phil sounds like he is doing a lot of wishful evil thinking in regards to the Packers. Probably because it is the only way the pathetic Bears can move up is if everybody above them gets worse. The Bears won't get better again. God bless the McCaskeys.

Just being honest. Every team has it's down years including the Packers (remember the 70's and 80's?) The tide is about to change again as it has for the last 85 years between these two teams. By the way, I agree that McCaskey is a joke. His biggest acomplishment in life was surviving child birth. Papa Bear never ment for that worm to run the team.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why do you feel that this is going to be so much better? You know, if the offense drops off (and there is reason to believe that it will) then the defense will be on the field that much more. Think about that for a minute. If they could not stop teams while moving the ball themselves then what is going to happen if they struggle on offense?[/quote]

Why are the reasons to think the offense will drop off? Are you assuming Walker won't be in, or Franks, the 2 new guards? quote]

I think you answered the question yourself. You lost 2 starting linemen, maybe a starting receiver and Franks, Favre is getting older and don't forget Green's problems also.[/quote]

Yeah, the 2 starting linemen could NEVER be replaced right? Franks isn't going anywhere, Walker will be in by the start of the regular season because it is well known that clients of Rosenslug hardly ever miss regular season games, and Favre had one of his better years last year. Looks like the offense will give the Bears nightmares again this year Phil. Sorry about that. :D

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't they say that Aaron Taylor and Adam Timmerman could not be replaced? Didn't the Bear fans laugh and say that when Ruettgers was gone, so would the Packers?

Didn't everyone agree that Sterling Sharpe's departure was the beginning of the end for the Packers?

Philly, take your sorry assed argument and try to flame somewhere else. Packers have an offensive unit led by the greatest QB to ever put on a helmet. He had receivers that are below the level of what he has today and still won the superbowl and has directed his team to the playoffs 10 out of 12 years.

What have YOUR team done? Got anyone that c ould even come close?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Didn't they say that Aaron Taylor and Adam Timmerman could not be replaced? Didn't the Bear fans laugh and say that when Ruettgers was gone, so would the Packers?

Didn't everyone agree that Sterling Sharpe's departure was the beginning of the end for the Packers?

Philly, take your sorry assed argument and try to flame somewhere else. Packers have an offensive unit led by the greatest QB to ever put on a helmet. He had receivers that are below the level of what he has today and still won the superbowl and has directed his team to the playoffs 10 out of 12 years.

Sorry but the Packers defense was light years ahead of the current one when they won the Super Bowl and that is why they have not been back since. Dan Marino racked up a lot of yards too and has zero rings to show for it. One player can not win the title by himself and a one sided team will not get it done either (Colts, Chiefs, Rams) Look at the Patriots for the blueprint. By the way, Favre is one of the greats but not the greatest. No offense to Favre. I would take Elway (5 Super Bowls, 2 rings) to win a game in the clutch any day. How many times can you recall Elway throwing a pick when the game was on the line?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

I don't recall a single Bears fan ever even mentioning those players. Favre is the player who has killed the Bears and with out him the Packers will not win. The rebuilding days are coming and it happens to every team. Remember when the Cowboys and the 49'ers were the model of success?

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Phillie,

Do the Bears have anyone close? YOU never seem to be able to answer ANY of the questions that are actually asked...

Always sidestepping and flaming.

"I would take Elway (5 Super Bowls, 2 rings) to win a game in the clutch any day. How many times can you recall Elway throwing a pick when the game was on the line?"

You don't HAVE to worry abut EVER having Elway on your team or even remotely close to anyone that caliber for the near future.

So I guess you will have to continue to settle with overachieving and HOPING that your team puts Favre out of commisssion.

See HERE is the difference between your team and mine.

Packers with that swiss cheese defense WON the NFC north and made the playoffs 3 years in a row... NOW that they have a REAL DC who knows how to best utilize his players WITH a strong offense still being headed by the best BEAR assassin of them all, the very same Brett Favre, Packers will prevail yet again.

Instead of being so critical, why don't YOU try and say something good about your team...

Can't huh? That is because there is nothing good about your team. It will once again play the BEST Bears football possible and finish 3-13. 4-12 or 5-11 if they overachieve like they have the last 3 years. Only bowl they will make is the toilet bowl and that is IF they overachieve.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
So Phillie,

Do the Bears have anyone close? YOU never seem to be able to answer ANY of the questions that are actually asked...

"I would take Elway (5 Super Bowls, 2 rings) to win a game in the clutch any day. How many times can you recall Elway throwing a pick when the game was on the line?"

You don't HAVE to worry abut EVER having Elway on your team or even remotely close to anyone that caliber for the near future.

So I guess you will have to continue to settle with overachieving and HOPING that your team puts Favre out of commisssion.

Packers with that swiss cheese defense WON the NFC north and made the playoffs 3 years in a row... NOW that they have a REAL DC who knows how to best utilize his players WITH a strong offense still being headed by the best BEAR assassin of them all, the very same Brett Favre, Packers will prevail yet again.

Instead of being so critical, why don't YOU try and say something good about your team...

Can't huh? That is because there is nothing good about your team. It will once again play the BEST Bears football possible and finish 3-13. 4-12 or 5-11 if they overachieve like they have the last 3 years. Only bowl they will make is the toilet bowl and that is IF they overachieve.

Ok, the Bears dumped Quinn, Krenzel, Terrell, Edinger, McQuarters and the sorry play calling of Terry Shea. Then they brought in a proven successful Offensive coach, signed the NFL's leading WR, Drafted the best RB out of collage in Benson, signed two pro bowl offensive linemen to go with the best center in the league, drafted two game breaker WR,s out of collage in Bradley and Currie, signed one of the better kickers in the league, had the steal of the draft in QB Kyle Orton, and bring back the starting QB and two of the best kick return men in the league. On a already solid defense they bring back a healthy Brian Urlacher, Mike Brown, Charles Tillman and Adewale Ogunleye (who lead the NFL in sacks in 2003) They are loaded in the secondary, have one of the best young front fours in the league and OLB Lance Briggs, DT Tommie Harris and DE Alex Brown are about to become pro bowlers. On top of that they do not have a bunch of players demanding a new contract or will sit out the season. :D

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:
So Phillie,

Ok, the Bears dumped Quinn, Krenzel, Terrell, Edinger, McQuarters and the sorry play calling of Terry Shea. Then they brought in a proven successful Offensive coach, signed the NFL's leading WR, Drafted the best RB out of collage in Benson, signed two pro bowl offensive linemen to go with the best center in the league, drafted two game breaker WR,s out of collage in Bradley and Currie, signed one of the better kickers in the league, had the steal of the draft in QB Kyle Orton, and bring back the starting QB and two of the best kick return men in the league. On a already solid defense they bring back a healthy Brian Urlacher, Mike Brown, Charles Tillman and Adewale Ogunleye (who lead the NFL in sacks in 2003) They are loaded in the secondary, have one of the best young front fours in the league and OLB Joe Odom, DT Tommie Harris and DE Alex Brown are about to become pro bowlers. On top of that they do not have a bunch of players demanding a new contract or will sit out the season. :D

And they all had to overachieve to finish 5-11 and so it shall pass again. I think your Bears will continue their overachieving ways to finish 4-12.

Its a GOOD thing for you that they have no one sitting out. Then they couldn't overachieve TOGETHER.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Ok, the Bears dumped Quinn, Krenzel, Terrell, Edinger, McQuarters and the sorry play calling of Terry Shea. Then they brought in a proven successful Offensive coach, signed the NFL's leading WR, Drafted the best RB out of collage in Benson, signed two pro bowl offensive linemen to go with the best center in the league, drafted two game breaker WR,s out of collage in Bradley and Currie, signed one of the better kickers in the league, had the steal of the draft in QB Kyle Orton, and bring back the starting QB and two of the best kick return men in the league. On a already solid defense they bring back a healthy Brian Urlacher, Mike Brown, Charles Tillman and Adewale Ogunleye (who lead the NFL in sacks in 2003) They are loaded in the secondary, have one of the best young front fours in the league and OLB Joe Odom, DT Tommie Harris and DE Alex Brown are about to become pro bowlers. On top of that they do not have a bunch of players demanding a new contract or will sit out the season. :D

AMEN, Brother! It is all true! Great rebuttal!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair - ever since the Bears lost Ted Washington - they haven't been the same. Ol' Teddy bear was a major disruption to opposing teams and allowed the other players to garner all them sacks (2003)... Those same players the very next year didn't have all those stats like before... curious! :mrgreen: :|

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:

Sorry but the Packers defense was light years ahead of the current one when they won the Super Bowl and that is why they have not been back since. Dan Marino racked up a lot of yards too and has zero rings to show for it. One player can not win the title by himself and a one sided team will not get it done either (Colts, Chiefs, Rams) Look at the Patriots for the blueprint. By the way, Favre is one of the greats but not the greatest. No offense to Favre. I would take Elway (5 Super Bowls, 2 rings) to win a game in the clutch any day. How many times can you recall Elway throwing a pick when the game was on the line?

Yeah Phil, one sided teams never get it done. Thank God the Ravens had an offense to go along with their defense when they won it. Go back to flaming and watch your team win another 5 games this year with all those studs they have. The Packers will simply compete for another division crown with the rotten defense you speak of. :lol:

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
To be fair - ever since the Bears lost Ted Washington - they haven't been the same. Ol' Teddy bear was a major disruption to opposing teams and allowed the other players to garner all them sacks (2003)... Those same players the very next year didn't have all those stats like before... curious! :mrgreen: :|

That's true, IPB. It was also with the loss of Colvin that stuck the Bears with no rush defense. They were the 3rd down stoppers, and the Bears never had anyone to fill in their positions, and there won't be either with Lovie pushing for a speed, rather than brut strength defense. That being said, the Bears (healthy) D looks absolutely formidable from the line to the secondary. Can't wait for this weekend.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:

Yeah Phil, one sided teams never get it done. Thank God the Ravens had an offense to go along with their defense when they won it. Go back to flaming and watch your team win another 5 games this year with all those studs they have. The Packers will simply compete for another division crown with the rotten defense you speak of. :lol:
The Ravens had one of the best if not the best running games in the league. Try again

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

You are correct. Tommie Harris is about to fill those shoes nicely.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
Obi1 said:

The Ravens had one of the best if not the best running games in the league. Try again

Not being able to throw the ball whatsoever does not give you balance just because you can run it. But ok, Phil, I'll try again. How about the Rams? Are you going to tell me their defense was stellar and the "Greatest Show on Turf" didn't carry them to the title?

Members online