It IS A DOG EAT DOG WORLD!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you have P.E.T.A. on your *** you have a challenge.

These people are relentless. This story is building like a tsunami and the wave is heading right to the Falcons Head Office from a publicity stand point.

Vick is becoming a death by a thousand cuts for the Falcons organization. Not one cut is fatal, but the accumulation will bleed the organization.

Vick is either a nice kid who does not know how to get away from people he grew up with, or he is just plain stupid, or he is really a bad person.

It just does not go away.

Read this.... and smack me if this is not going to snowball.

http://blog.peta.org/archives/Vick letter.pdf

RP

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, i'll state this.
I don't like the organization at all. PETA goes WAY overboard on their assaults. If they had their way, not only would no one be allowed to eat meat, no one would be allowed to own a pet. They take some valid points, and then use that to recruit people to join their group. I bet alot of people don't know what PETA'S real ultimate goals are. If they did, they would run from them screaming.
Now..........MY feelings are that anyone that abuses animals, like dog fights, neglect, cruelty, and so on, should be penalized to the fullest extent. I have NO use for people that purposely abuse animals. In fact, I don't think that most of the punishments fit the crimes in most cases.
I hunt and I fish, but i don't kick my dog or not feed and give him water. In fact, i think he gets more love and probably eats better then some people.
I feel like I have balance in my life. PETA doesn't.
Just my opinion of course, for what it's worth.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yep RP, I think mister Vick is slowly killing his career and the support of the Atlanta Falcons. One major problem they have is that they are stuck with him because to trade him or cut him this year before June 1 is like a 15 million dollar cap hit. After June 1st they could spread some of the hit into 2008 but even to cut it in half is 7.5 million dollar hit each year.

Authur Blank hitched his hopes to Vick and Ron Mexico is should repaying him nicely for the $$$$ Millions.

Vick, in my opinion, will be in a heap of trouble if this dog fighting gets tied to him, which will bring gambling charges soon I am sure. PETA might be the least of his troubles if that happens.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind that PETA also went after the Packers a few years ago. They wanted us to change the name since it was named after a meat packing company. Bob Harlan politely told them to go pound sand......

Can't stand a lot of what PETA wastes their time on. I view it very closely to what Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do, find a litttle issue and exploit it to the fullest extend simiply for their personal image and monetary gain.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind that PETA also went after the Packers a few years ago. They wanted us to change the name since it was named after a meat packing company. Bob Harlan politely told them to go pound sand......

Can't stand a lot of what PETA wastes their time on. I view it very closely to what Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do, find a litttle issue and exploit it to the fullest extend simiply for their personal image and monetary gain.
OHHHH! DON'T get me started on ol' Jesse and AL! They come out of the woodwork everytime they think they can get the spotlight on themselves, or extort a chunk of money. The funny part is, both of them are 2 of the biggest racists i have ever seen. Yet they play the race card at every opportunity. Of course they really don't WANT blacks and whites to get along, cause that would put them out of business. It would take away their "golden goose" so to speak.
And yes, PETA is the same way. They want to use their "influence" to get big companies to buckle under their collective thumbs. I mean, what did they want the Packers to do? Change their name to the "Green Bay Soy Burgers"???

Pack93z

Reaction score
Now this is where the rubber mets the road with Vick... The FEDS are comming in on this one... I wonder if the Falcons can claim insanity in trading Schaub?

Personally I hope Vick goes down... it will send a message to the rest of the NFL that even the famous faces of the game need to follow the rules.

http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/stories/wvec_local_050107_vick_dog_sale_website.283e114d.html

Federal investigators have joined an investigation into an alleged dog-fighting ring behind a Surry County home owned by NFL star Michael Vick.

13News has also uncovered evidence of a dog breeding business with ties to Vick.

The Website for Vicks' K-9 Kennels offers pit bulls and other breeds for sale.

When 13News logged on Tuesday, it appeared the site was last updated in the fall of 2006.

The contact form lists a Suffolk address; the listed phone number doesn't work.

Investigators confirm they've included the Web site in their portfolio of evidence as they consider charges.

Vick does not live at the Moonlight Road home, but he could face charges if he knew about the alleged dog fighting ring, a felony under Virginia law.

The case was started when authorities went to the home to serve a warrant on a Vick relative, Devon Boddie, who faces drug charges in Hampton.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick could go down big time for this. However, I think people should wait to see what the federal investigation uncovers before getting out the tar and feathers. However, if he is guilty, I hope he gets the maximum.

As for PeTA, was it not proven that they support such domestic terrorists such as the extreme ALF? Can they not all be rounded up under the Patriot Act and be shipped off to Guantanemo for supporting known terrorist groups?

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have done some terrorist like things.
But they never seem to be prosecuted properly.
Back in the late 1990's they had a PETA representative on the radio talking about how cruel deer hunting was, how it should be made illegal. (I was driving on my way up north to go deer hunting when i heard this woman).
She said "For every deer killed by hunters, there are 2 to 3 deer wounded and left suffering in the woods."
My first thought was, "Thats NOT acceptable!"
Then I did something that I think few other people thought of doing. I ran the numbers in my head. The previous deer season there was an estimated 1.5 million deer in Wisconsin. Hunters killed over 400 thousand. So take away over 400 thousand from 1.5 million, and you are left with less then 1.1 million.
Now.....multiply the 400 thou by 2 and 3.
You come up with 800 thousand to 1.2 million! So on the LOW end that would mean at LEAST 8 of every 11 deer left would be stumbling around wounded, to MORE DEER THEN EVEN LEFT IN THE STATE being wounded!
So how come we don't see deer hobling around after deer season? If this happens every year, as PETA claims, there should'nt be one single uninjured deer left in Wisconsin. There are just over 700 thousand deer hunters here, which means EVERY hunter would have to wound at LEAST one deer every year! In my over 30 years of hunting, i have wounded ONE deer that i did not recover.
So, PETA knows that if it tells the TRUTH, and doesn't inflate the numbers to rediculous amounts, no one will be in an uproar to join their cause. They also HOPE that no one takes the time to question what they say, like I did. If they did, people would know what liars they are.
To them, the end justifies the means.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too worked up over PETA, fringe at best and they are seldom taken seriously. The Humane Society on the other hand, is all over this Vick story, they are legit.
Vick is human offal.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Well now I am starting to think that the NFL is going to throw Mike Vick under the bus on this one.. the real reason they are getting involved in my opinion is that there are more players tied to this deal and they want the information... THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF MIKE VICK THE QB...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/05/24/0525nflvick.html

Flowery Branch — NFL security has contacted investigators in Surry County, Va., to offer its services in the investigation of illegal dogfighting at a property owned by Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

NFL security personnel visited Surry County offices Thursday unannounced, the person told the AJC. They also had made calls to local officials.

Also, Surry County investigators have spoken to, or plan to speak with, persons who claim to have information regarding dogfighting at the property, the person said.

The NFL declined specific comment on involvement in the investigation. League spokesman Greg Aiello said it is routine for NFL security to get involved in legal matters with players and other league personnel.

Investigators have not interviewed Vick, according to Commonwealth Attorney Gerald Poindexter, the prosecutor in the region.

"Not to my knowledge," Poindexter said Thursday.

Vick flew to Virginia after completing the third session of offseason team workouts Thursday at Falcons headquarters in Flowery Branch.

Investigators met Monday to examine evidence in the case. Charges have not yet been filed. Vick has denied knowledge of dogfighting at the rural property.

At least six people lived or worked at the property, Poindexter said. Vick's primary residence is in Duluth, but he did occasionally visit the Virginia property, which is near his hometown of Newport News.

Poindexter has said there was evidence of dogfighting in a two-story house on the property — 66 dogs, mainly pit bulls, were seized — but there might not be enough to file charges at this point. Poindexter emphasized that the investigation is far from over.

Eyewitness testimony has not been needed to gain convictions in dogfighting cases, but "it would help" in this investigation, Poindexter said.

There is no timetable in making a decision to bring charges, Poindexter said.

Based on other recent dogfighting investigations, Vick could play through the season before finding out if he will be cleared.

In a recent federal dogfighting case in Ohio, it took investigators 14 months to file charges. It took 11 months for investigators to gain the conviction of Stacey A. Miller of Richmond, Va., for dogfighting and animal-cruelty.

Under the league's new player-conduct policy, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and/or the Falcons could take disciplinary action if Vick is suspected of being involved in dogfighting.

The presence of NFL security shows Goodell is closely watching the situation.

Poindexter, Surry County Sheriff Harold Brown and other state and local investigators reviewed evidence seized from Vick's property in a two-hour meeting Monday. A representative from the U.S. Department of Agriculture also attended.

The USDA was involved in the investigation that led to charges in the Ohio dogfighting case.

"We don't comment on, confirm or deny whether we've got any investigative activity ongoing pertaining to a particular situation or incident," said Paul M. Feeney, Deputy Counsel for the Office of Inspector General, U.S. Department of Agriculture

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Falcons | Vick's home burglarized
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 21:58:47 -0700

ESPN.com reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick's home in Surry, Va., was broken into between May 7 and May 18 and a number of expensive items were removed, according to a police report obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said, "I don't think it has anything to do with possible evidence. I think it was some feuding over the spoils." The home, where alleged dogfighting took place, was broken into through a rear window. Poindexter indicated the investigation of dogfighting at the property was not compromised, but said he is still not close to filing charges. Three plasma televisions, two floor buffers, a wet/dry vacuum, a washer and dryer and a $17,000 leather sofa were taken from the property.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Guess the kindness to his relatives and friends got repaid huh?

My question... with the attention that this property has been given... how in the world did they make off with that much goods?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess the kindness to his relatives and friends got repaid huh?

My question... with the attention that this property has been given... how in the world did they make off with that much goods?
(Makes you think, doesn't it? Like maybe....inside job to protect him?)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons | Vick's home burglarized
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 21:58:47 -0700

ESPN.com reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick's home in Surry, Va., was broken into between May 7 and May 18 and a number of expensive items were removed, according to a police report obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Commonwealth attorney Gerald Poindexter said, "I don't think it has anything to do with possible evidence. I think it was some feuding over the spoils." The home, where alleged dogfighting took place, was broken into through a rear window. Poindexter indicated the investigation of dogfighting at the property was not compromised, but said he is still not close to filing charges. Three plasma televisions, two floor buffers, a wet/dry vacuum, a washer and dryer and a $17,000 leather sofa were taken from the property.
17 grand for a SOFA!?!?!? I don't think i have even ever SEEN a 17 thousand dollar sofa.
Thats more then my CAR costs.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Well I think this might be just about the end of this speculation... somehow an arrest should be comming soon....

30 carcasses found....

Two parallel investigations are underway into whether dogfighting occurred on Surry property belonging to Michael Vick, Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Poindexter told 13News Friday.

Surry County is still considering charges in the case and Poindexter says it appears the U.S. Attorney's Office has an investigation of its own, after federal authorities conducted a search of Moonlight Road property Thursday.

ESPN Radio is reporting that nearly three dozen dog carcasses were found.

Poindexter said he does not know what was found.

Poindexter did call Thursday's search "a breach of protocol" and says he found about it around the same time federal authorities began scouring the grounds for evidence.

"I was somewhat bothered by it and upset," Poindexter said. "I didn't realize the U.S. Attorney's office had any interest in running an investigation."

He said he and Surry Sheriff Harold Brown were preparing to file a search warrant of their own but will likely abandon those plans.

"What's the point in going back now?" Poindexter said.

He said the USDA will likely share the results of their search with Surry investigators, who are still moving forward with their own investigation.

Federal investigators from the USDA obtained a sealed search warrant in Richmond before going to the property after informants said the remains of many dogs were buried on the property behind the two-story home.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, guess that removes any "speculation" of whether or not dog fighting went on there.
SOMEONE is in BIG trouble!

Members online

Latest posts