Is this professional management?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
You not having my point of view, doesn't make me a hyporcrite, it means we don't agree. If you are beyond a teenager, I would hope that you have learned that people can disagree and that there's nothing wrong with that.

Bus, people are trying to tell you something here. Yet you respond with another insult. No one has called you a hypocrite. Lots of other words, yes, but not "hypocrite". Yet.

Back to your thread: I agree with Jack's great post. It's quite a challenge to find a better winning organization in all of the NFL since TT joined the team. I share many of the others' frustrations with McCarthy's often poor play call. I would love for TT to more often jump into the FA market and grab a key player. And, I have already posted a comparison of our OL versus other top teams OL in regards to original draft round and seniority (and the Packers are dramatically lower than everyone else). TT also has not done amazingly well with many of his 1st round draft selections, whether just slow starters or possible busts or due to crazy injuries.

The Packers need to improve. Excellence is not a destination, rather a pursuit. But, let's be aware that TT and the Packer organization are pretty close to the top compared to the other clubs.

Last edited:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Oops, upon a reread of Jack's post, I noticed he called Bus a hypocrite. Nevermind that sentence above about not being called a hypocrite. :p

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
PFanCan,

That's right, in my post I wrote, “You are fortunate that the standard you hypocritically attempt to apply to Packers’ management is not applied to posters.” One definition of a hypocrite is a person who puts on a false appearance. In the “stud RB” thread you pointed out that the poster in question first called the Packers lack of a stud RB ‘not impressive’, then ‘concerning’ and then upon being challenged said he thought it “odd”. I find that hypocritical because he is attempting to deflect - or give a false appearance of - his hatred for Thompson.
Others are trying to tell you that you needn't be concerned as the facts seem to indicate that having a stud RB does not equate to success on the field. From my perspective, I would expect you to respond with, "wow, I didn't realize how little correlation there is between winning SBs and having a stud RB. I am no longer concerned!" Instead, you condescend.
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/have-the-packers-ever-had-a-stud-back.46670/page-2#post-515290

What I find most interesting about his reply was the use of the word "hypocritically" was all he really challenged from my post.
I believe Bus Cook was trying to say something similar to what I have. Sometimes we mean well, but it just comes out a little off center.
If you are coming from an agenda based upon hatred for Thompson, then IMO you are in the same sad boat he is in. If not, IMO you err in using the word "we".

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts