Is this a nightmare???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow...already people are predicting last place off of one preseason game. that is so stupid, it makes my head hurt. wow...just...wow.

didnt the 96 superbowl champ team get blown out in a preseason game? ANSWER: Yes. Cmon guys....stop being stupid.

was it ugly...most definitely...is it the end of the world...no. it was a good learning experience for a lot of people. a good whoopin can do a lot.

MassPackAttack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got blown out last week too...and we did not exact roll over the Chargers.

Three games and no improvement over the last game of the '04 season...

For years, special teams have been a problem, D-line has been a problem and the offensive play calling is suspect (not the mention some of Brett's passes).

It's not to early to be very very concerned about these recurring nightmares

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bretts passes are always suspect. but that doesnt stop you from cheering when he threads it between 2 safeties. But a couple ints in a preseason game...get him out of there.

A lot of these games are only the first game for some people...Al has seen MINIMAL time due to injury...the DTs havent seen ONE SNAP. ONE SNAP! The d line is suspect? You mean the starting D LINE that DID NOT PLAY?! If anything, be worried about injuries, not the final score of a week #3 preseason game. Yikes...ridiculous.

MassPackAttack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is it that there was a Pat open on almost every play and yet we seemed to have no one open?

Pat's cover is excellent?

Pat's offensive plan is brillant?

Rossely is a boob?

Bates needs to be more proactive?

SO MANY QUESTIONS SO FEW QUESTIONS.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pats cover and offensive plan usually are borderline brilliant. were the 2 championships in 3 years luck?

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BJ Sanders is punting well!

BJ Sanders is punting well. I can not think of many positives this preseason. Favre played well, until today.
Our Packers better improve alot or they will embarrass themselves this year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
come on...i cant believe you guys are giving up cuz favre had a bad day. the defense is something to work on..special teams will get straightened out as guys start to get cut...but you guys werent worried about that, you were too busy hopping on stubhub.com and selling your season tickets...amazing.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
depth where? WR depth is good. Dline depth is decent. not a bunch of pro bowlers, but a lot of guys to put in. LbsDbs are...lacking depth...thats the only area I see.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackAttack said:
How is it that there was a Pat open on almost every play and yet we seemed to have no one open?

Pat's cover is excellent?

Pat's offensive plan is brillant?

Rossely is a boob?

Bates needs to be more proactive?

SO MANY QUESTIONS SO FEW QUESTIONS.

None of the above.
The answer to that question is.......
The Packers defense is real bad.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
depth where? WR depth is good. Dline depth is decent. not a bunch of pro bowlers, but a lot of guys to put in. LbsDbs are...lacking depth...thats the only area I see.

I agree with you on the LB's and DB's however, I disagree on the DL.

N.E. got 155 yds rushing last night, a 4.55 avg. If Jackson gets back in the line-up there is no doubt he will make a huge (pun intended) impact. Hunt is out to lunch, perhaps permanently. We do have talent but, these guys are young and nobody has stepped forward big time yet.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB=top 5 in sacks
Jenkins=was as productive as Hunt in less time played as hunt last year
Kampman=...well..he has heart!

Just wait till the big 2 fat guys get back...a lot of juding is going on about a line thats not gonna see a lot of playing time in 2 weeks.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true that Grady will help, but the lack of depth is concerning, and Mass did a decent job on TV last night of pointing out KGBs deficiencies as a run stopper. He's a one-trick-pony when it comes to the pass rush too.

With that said, it looks like there is reason for optimism in both the secondary and the LBs, esp the way Lenon appears to be stepping up.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I will be the first to admit KGB is not a good run defender. He does some good things sometimes..but if im a coach..im running to his side. His pass rush abilities ARE good though, and i cant deny him that.

At least one thing KGB has is speed..so he can catch up to him after he gets passed. :)

Members online

Latest posts