is romo a top 10 quarterbakck

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i honstly think that if dallas looses this weekend there could be a meltodown in big D, Remember TO is a ticking time bomb that is ready to go off. I personally dont think Romo is a top 10 quarterback in league
and NFC EAST is toughest division in NFC
here are my top 10 qbs today
1.)Favre 2 superbowls, every record, with a serious lack of talent at WR
2.)Brady 3 rings
3.)M anning...ring
4.) Palmer i think everyone will agree hes got all the tools
5.) Phillip Rivers likewise
6.)Mcnabb i still say is top 10
7.) Vince Young... yah i said it
8.) Cutler has more raw ability
9.) Big Ben... hes got a ring....romo doesnt

Doesn ROmo belong in this list?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think Romo is. VY for instance isn't really doing anything passing for me to put him above Romo. Cutler hasn't done anything more than Romo either.

My top 10 at this current TIME.

1. Tom Brady - Funny what the guy can do with legit receivers. His receivers the last few seasons have been pretty awful.

2. Peyton Manning - He got a ring and he's as good as any QB to maybe ever play the game physically and mentally. He's up there with John Elway in my opinion.

3. Brett Favre - Never did I dream that he'd be #3 at this point in his career. That shows his true greatness.

4. Carson Palmer - Tough year but Palmer to me is still as good as you can find.

5. Ben Roelisberger - Won a Super Bowl Ring and this is actually his breakout year.

6. Tony Romo - #6 and climbing in my opinion. I think he's the real deal. Not as good as the top 4 but def in the next category.

7. Drew Brees - 4 Months ago he would've been my #4 but your starting to feel that he was more of a product of some of the guys around him a year ago. I'm not sure if he can carry a team to victory.

8. Donovan McNabb - When healthy it's hard to doubt him.

9. Matt Hasselbeck - I'd still take him over some of the younger players IF I had to win a game this Sunday. He's quietly playing well with little help from Alexander this season.

10. Jeff Garcia - All he does is win and all he does is take care of the football. I'll let last week slide.

Future wise though I do really like Jay Cutler, Vince Young, and even Derek Anderson.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think Romo is. VY for instance isn't really doing anything passing for me to put him above Romo. Cutler hasn't done anything more than Romo either.

1. Tom Brady - Funny what the guy can do with legit receivers. His receivers the last few seasons have been pretty awful.

2. Peyton Manning - He got a ring and he's as good as any QB to maybe ever play the game physically and mentally. He's up there with John Elway in my opinion.

3. Brett Favre - Never did I dream that he'd be #3 at this point in his career. That shows his true greatness.

4. Carson Palmer - Tough year but Palmer to me is still as good as you can find.

5. Ben Roelisberger - Won a Super Bowl Ring and this is actually his breakout year.

6. Tony Romo - #6 and climbing in my opinion. I think he's the real deal. Not as good as the top 4 but def in the next category.

7. Drew Brees - 4 Months ago he would've been my #4 but your starting to feel that he was more of a product of some of the guys around him a year ago. I'm not sure if he can carry a team to victory.

9. Matt Hasselbeck - I'd still take him over some of the younger players IF I had to win a game this Sunday. He's quietly playing well with little help from Alexander this season.

10. Jeff Garcia - All he does is win and all he does is take care of the football. I'll let last week slide.

Future wise though I do really like Jay Cutler, Vince Young, and even Derek Anderson.

-garcia( i agree hes a winner but hes not a top 10 qb in this league by any stretch of the imagination

-matty matt.....i think his career has peaked and his numbers show that

the kid anderson has got young talent and an o line finally, browns are actually legit with more defensive help in f a and draft

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope the thread starter isn't suggesting Favre's got a serious lack of talent at WR this year. Driver, Jennings, Jones, even Martin, and hopefully Robinson beg to differ.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope the thread starter isn't suggesting Favre's got a serious lack of talent at WR this year. Driver, Jennings, Jones, even Martin, and hopefully Robinson beg to differ.

i meant during earlier years, i think this core maybe the best as far as athletes go...thats bretts had, none of them have playoff experience besides driver tough and koren

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:
if the criteria for this list is having a ring, can you please add trent dilfer
I know what you mean........there are lots of one year wonders that have got the ring. Marino was pretty good, yet never got the ring. Dilfer to me is just average at best. Mark Rypien (I think thats how you spell it) got a ring. He played good, that one year. He's not a top QB though.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Porky's list is pretty accurate. You can say what you want about Garcia but the guy wins games and till last week had no picks. I actually think by next year Romo will be a top 5 QB

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the heck is a "Quarterbakck"?
(just razzin' ya brennan1884 )

Anyway.......

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Ben Roelisberger

4. Tony Romo

5. Derek Anderson

6. Jeff Garcia

7. Jon Kitna

8. Carson Palmer

9. Donovan McNabb

10. Matt Hasselbeck

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anyway.......

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Ben Roelisberger

4. Tony Romo

5. Derek Anderson

6. Jeff Garcia

7. Jon Kitna

8. Carson Palmer

9. Donovan McNabb

10. Matt Hasselbeck

Where's Holcolm and Jackson? :roll:

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anyway.......

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Ben Roelisberger

4. Tony Romo

5. Derek Anderson

6. Jeff Garcia

7. Jon Kitna

8. Carson Palmer

9. Donovan McNabb

10. Matt Hasselbeck

Ahem,...... missing someone?

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DEREK ANDERSON?! ROFL! Let's see the Browns win a playoff game first!

1 - Tom Brady
3 Super Bowls. 9-3 in the post-season. He's won all those games without Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, and Wes Welker. Well, now he has them.

2 - Peyton Manning
Winner. Field general. He's the true offensive coordinator for the Colts, and he'll be a hell of a coach long after he retires from football.

3 - Brett Favre
All-time, he'd be at this number too. But to think Favre has had this tremendous consistency of greatness is outrageous. Considering how dismantled the NFC is, he could be meeting the Patriots in the Super Bowl... again.

4 - Tony Romo
Yes, he's in the top 10. He's also in the top 5. He's #4. After sitting out his first three seasons, learning from guys like Drew Bledsoe and Vinny Testaverde and growing up idolizing Brett Favre--Romo has become one of the NFL's best. The guy is mobile and always looks to go deep; he looks like the young Brett.

5 - Matt Hasselbeck
The best of Lord Favre's desciples. Hampered by injuries last year, he's putting up a pretty good season despite the lack of production in Shaun Alexander, no Darrell Jackson and injuries to his top receivers Deion Branch and D.J. Hackett.

6 - Carson Palmer
Don't let the bad times of the Bungles fool you. This team is losing because of defense and the lack of a consistent running game. After next week, he'll get slot demon Chris Henry back from suspension. Look for his numbers to increase.

7 - Drew Brees
Don't let their bad times fool you either. After losing Deuce McAllister, Reggie Bush can't do it alone. Drew Brees is still super accurate, but Devery Henderson isn't catching any of his passes (he leads the league in drops) and Marques Colston is having a sophomore slump while guys drafted ahead of him like Santonio Holmes and Greg Jennings continue to put up consistent production.

8 - Ben Roethlisberger
Came out of the gate early in his career and only lost one game. The next season, he won the Super Bowl--then he crashed into a truck, almost died, but threw 27 interceptions instead. Now he's having a career year with "Fast" Willie perhaps showing that he's one of the best the league has to offer.

9 - Philip Rivers
A fine QB. The reason why SD didn't take their chances to re-sign Brees. He's smart, he's accurate, and he's poised. The year on the bench truly helped him to become remarkable despite the lack of a WR. Now, with Chris Chambers, that can change.

10 - Donovan McNabb
Often inconsistent at times, but he's the only other guy left from the remaining teams that would be the guy you start on your roster regardless. Big arm, great decision-maker. He's hurt now, but if that knee heels, he'll be back to his old self. Last year, he proved what he can do without T.O., but he'll need a receiver that's equal to Stallworth's talent level.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky and Danreb's lists are pretty close to where I'm at. The main differences are that I would still give Manning the slight edge over Brady, although at this point maybe it is too close to call, and I would put Roethlesberger a few notches lower than porky has him. Romo is easily top ten in my opinion. Still a notch below Favre, but in the 4-6 range. He is the main reason the Cowboys turned things around last season and have continued to be on a roll this season.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:

Anyway.......

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Ben Roelisberger

4. Tony Romo

5. Derek Anderson

6. Jeff Garcia

7. Jon Kitna

8. Carson Palmer

9. Donovan McNabb

10. Matt Hasselbeck

Thats just vikesrules opinion. Brett is missing of course. But we know better that hes one of the top ten. WE dont see any vikings qbs in the top then neither.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
vikesrule said:

Anyway.......

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Ben Roelisberger

4. Tony Romo

5. Derek Anderson

6. Jeff Garcia

7. Jon Kitna

8. Carson Palmer

9. Donovan McNabb

10. Matt Hasselbeck

Thats just vikesrules opinion. Brett is missing of course. But we know better that hes one of the top ten. WE dont see any vikings qbs in the top then neither.
He'd have to go back to Fran Tarkinton to make a QB list for a Viking.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It seems like there is quite a grouping after the top 5 in which an argument can be made for a number of players and their positioning.

I would replace Big Ben at # 5, with Romo and after # 5 as I said it kind of is like would you rather have chocolate of vanilla when deciding on the order of the other 5, but it would include Big Ben, Cutler, Rivers, Hasselbeck and McNabb - with Brees, Young and Garcia not far behind.

Members online

Latest posts