Is our Defense that bad?

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read a Viqueens forum to see what they think about the pack. The area they said we were bad was our defense and had some pretty good statistics on it too. We gave up 71 points on defense and 31 while our starters were playing.. How do we go from #1 defense to such ******? I know the season didn't start and it's the Viqueens but it really still concerns me...

Hope we get Harris back.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Preseason stats means nothing. It's just vanilla football. We're so excited about our O because we were wondeful last year, not because of this preseason.

Also, remember Woodson didn't play 2 games, Brad Jones 3, Barnett 2, Jenkins 2, and Matthews didn't play the whole preseason...

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read a Viqueens forum to see what they think about the pack.

well thats all i had to see to know the rest of the conversation was ********. viqeens fans knowing something? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: AND A BIG:viksux:

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Preseason stats means nothing. It's just vanilla football. We're so excited about our O because we were wondeful last year, not because of this preseason.

Also, remember Woodson didn't play 2 games, Brad Jones 3, Barnett 2, Jenkins 2, and Matthews didn't play the whole preseason...

This should be enough to ease some thoughts,

but I'm still not 100% sold on our defense. I think our LB core just got upgraded with Jones/Mathews/Zombo, but still not sure how well their pass coverage will be. And speaking of Coverage we are going to be starting the season without Harris, meaning Tramon has to step-it-up and cover the opponents skilled recievers. Watching preseason I also noticed Dom blitzing Woodson a lot, which I hope does NOT happen very often in the regular season. I say this because Tramon CAN NOT cover an opponents #1, period. He can barely cover #2. He's a good nickel, and thats where he belongs. Hopefully with Mathews switching to the left, and Jenkins on the right we'll be able to generate some better pass rushing and stop giving QB's all day to throw on us. Thats going to be Key, or else we're in for a long season with a lot of gun slingin on both sides.

I'd rather that gun slingin be a one way street ;)

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense is solid. Not worldbeating but will hold it's own.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Did you see the last REAL game we played? Our Defense STUNK!!!!! I'll reserve judgment on the new alignment until after a couple of games against top notch opponents. As far as I'm concerned our Defense sucks until proven different in a real ball game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your going to get yourself all worked up from reading something on the Queens forum?

That's like an enemy getting all worried because of something they read about themselves in their enemies newspaper instead of their own.

Obviously the Queens fans will only be discussing our problems and giving themselves hard ons for it along with the false hopes of beating the Pack when they play 'em.

normsizedmidget

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see the last REAL game we played? Our Defense STUNK!!!!! I'll reserve judgment on the new alignment until after a couple of games against top notch opponents. As far as I'm concerned our Defense sucks until proven different in a real ball game.

This is exactly the same way I think. I could see us being improved but I won't being holding my breath. We'll see if Capers is that genius I keep hearing about and find a way to cover up the flaws in the secondary and manufacture a pass rush.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The Viqueens forum is not a good source for info.

Go to a real football forum.

The Queens are just pumping them selfs up. because the queens can go so far on a bad ankle

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense! ! !

Just read a Viqueens forum to see what they think about the pack. The area they said we were bad was our defense and had some pretty good statistics on it too. We gave up 71 points on defense and 31 while our starters were playing.. How do we go from #1 defense to such ******? I know the season didn't start and it's the Viqueens but it really still concerns me...

Hope we get Harris back.

Who cares what the retards to the north west of us think? The preseason is a testing grounds to see the basics of the unit. Overall they are good. Dom was not showing anything.

If you watched the Indy game you could see Dom toying with the offense of indy and turning the screws in a little then backing off. A couple of times he was actually able to get indy to be lulled to sleep. Come regular season and our players remaining healthy, I believe we will see a defense that mirrors or is even better than last years.

It takes about 4 games to really get in the groove so pee on the bi-queens and the opinions they write. Lets see what they say after we play them about how our "D" stinks lol!

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
protip: the majority of the viqueen forum thinks theyll go 11-5 at worst even without favre

they need their heads checked. they seem to be assuming that everything will be the same with an ancient secondary(and sparse) and no sidney rice. unbelievable really

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
protip: the majority of the viqueen forum thinks theyll go 11-5 at worst even without favre

Jackson!!

Who cares, once the Packers started scheming in the offense and blitzing they shut everyone else down. No one wants to show that they got when it doesn't matter.

Reading a Queen's forum for information is about as useful and practical as a food grater for toilet paper. Yea, that graphic. I look at them and laugh until I get outraged on how stupid some people actually are. I think we should embrace their stupidity and truly feel sorry for them :viksux:.

Schmitty327

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Shields and Bush can hold their own we will be alright. Collins knows he's gonna have to help cover these guys, so I hope he can. At least he knows where the QB is gonna be throwing the ball.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the thing about our overall defense:

In the 3 biggest games of the year last year (playoff game, and 2 vs our division champion Vikings), our defense was worse than bad. It was horrible. It was invisible.
Against the run, they were pretty good. They stopped Adrian Peterson, but Beanie Wells and the Cards had some success.

Still, in those 3 games alone, I think we allowed 11 TDs with 0 Ints.
And Brees is better than Warner, and for us to reach our goals this year, we have to get by Minnesota, and most likely New Orleans.

So until we see if Sam Shields can solve all the coverage issues, and if Mike Neal can turn into John Randle or Brad Jones into Demarcus Ware, yes I still have big big worries about our pass defense.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the thing about our overall defense:

In the 3 biggest games of the year last year (playoff game, and 2 vs our division champion Vikings), our defense was worse than bad. It was horrible. It was invisible.
Against the run, they were pretty good. They stopped Adrian Peterson, but Beanie Wells and the Cards had some success.

Still, in those 3 games alone, I think we allowed 11 TDs with 0 Ints.
And Brees is better than Warner, and for us to reach our goals this year, we have to get by Minnesota, and most likely New Orleans.

So until we see if Sam Shields can solve all the coverage issues, and if Mike Neal can turn into John Randle or Brad Jones into Demarcus Ware, yes I still have big big worries about our pass defense.

We dont play any elite QBs til after harris gets back. we'll be fine.

besides, we have jermichael finley we can score when we want to,how we want to, and whenever we want to

vegasdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense was top 5 last season and I think they will be better this season. Capers knows now what he has in each player after working with them a full season and he can adjust his defense accordingly.

As far as what the Viking fans think, I read one of their threads not long ago where a poster was describing how an undefeated season was very possible. He dismissed both Packer matchups as we beat them 2 games last year, we will do it again this year. Not exactly a hard hitting, deep analysis. In my view, we have gotten significantly better than when we played them last season. Our offensive line was terrible, we had depth problems in the secondary, and lack of a pass rush. The first two we are better, it remains to be seen about the pass rush. On their side, I see a decline. I see some aging along the defensive line and QB, reduced depth in secondary, and their WRs are depleted.

OP
OP
Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I dont usually read viqueens forums, just usually scan and see what they think about the Packers...

But cornerback position is really scary. Tramon Williams is horrible, and it seems i'm the only one that realises this.

I don't know the preseason points we gave up kind of scared me. I Know its only preseason but their usually still trying their hardest. Can't wait to watch the Vikes lose tonight though! Season is finally here!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will all come down to our pass rush--if it's no better than last year we're in trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts