Is Matthews Cooling Off?

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they showed a stat during the game, combine all his hurries, knockdowns and sacks and he has 17.5 the most in the league...Mathews is fine, having that middle pressure would help a lot and hopefully we will have that when Neal is back after the bye

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay drew one or two holding calls yesterday, but that was just a fraction of the times he was held. This was a typical one that didn't get a flag thrown.

THIS IS **** HOLDING.
The guys fingers are GONE, because they are into Matthews jersey. If I worked for the Packers, I would CONSTANTLY send all these photographic and video evidence to the league and league officials, and I would hammer the crew chief who is about to work our game.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay drew one or two holding calls yesterday, but that was just a fraction of the times he was held. This was a typical one that didn't get a flag thrown.

THIS IS **** HOLDING.
The guys fingers are GONE, because they are into Matthews jersey. If I worked for the Packers, I would CONSTANTLY send all these photographic and video evidence to the league and league officials, and I would hammer the crew chief who is about to work our game.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That's a good idea to send them this footage. I noticed a lot of uncalled holding going on in the Broncos game too.

Notice something in this pic? Dude has a fistful of Matthews' jersey and is pulling him down and Matthews is still going for the ball carrier. Cooling off? This image says a it all to me even with the hold, especially with the hold.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
They were talking about this on inside the NFL. In addition to the Rule Overt rule changes the refes have been very liberal with the holding calls so far this season. Fantasy football is ruining the NFL.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to post the link to this article in this thread rather than start a new one.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=6276

Sack!This one's for you!

“That was for you guys (in the media) right there, dusting off the arms to make all you happy that I got a sack,” Matthews said. “I’m doing my job. I can say that honestly knowing that they ask me to put pressure on the quarterback, to stop the run, put hits on him … (the sacks) will come.”

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because he is not getting the sacks, it doesn't mean he is not creating any disruptions to the offense. Like that picture shown before. He is getting to the QB, just not in time to get the sack. But I'm sure he is the cause for a lot of INT's and he is making QB's make throws they probably shouldn't. He is keeping Tight Ends to block instead of receiving, or RB's back for extra blocking. So just because he is not getting the pretty stat of Sacks, he is making some really good plays in the back field.

Members online

Latest posts