Is it time for Spitz or Lang to be the LG?

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a mystery to me how Daryn Colledge can play the way he does and continue to start.

Can Spitz/Lang be that bad?

Colledge cost us 11 points Sunday. If he starts against the 40Whiners Campen/Philbin need to be assigned to a pyschiatrist.:chisux::viksux:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good question.
I've always defended Colledge, and Wells, even though I don't like the White Wall Philosophy.

But I replayed those failed Rodgers QB sneaks over and over, and Colledge simply did not, does not, win his 1-on-1 battle there. He simply needs to move his guy aside a little bit. Or back a little bit.

At least he stays healthy though unlike the ***** Spitz.

But what really amazes me is why Rodgers always sneaks to his left, to Colledges side instead of Sitton on the right. We all think Sitton is better, stronger. That doesn't make sense to me. Never has.

OP
OP
Grave

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But what really amazes me is why Rodgers always sneaks to his left, to Colledges side instead of Sitton on the right. We all think Sitton is better, stronger. That doesn't make sense to me. Never has.

Probably cuz Rodgers sees him in practice everyday and watches tape and has come to the conclusion that he is better than Sitton?

OP
OP
Grave

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't think any conscious person could see Colledge as better than Sitton. Must be something else.

Someone said on the postgame bs that the sneak is always to the left and has now been successful 2 out of the last 8 tries.

When Colledge can't even block a guy who is on one knee, it is time for Philbin or MM to bench him. *** Campen.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Colledge is awful. Most experts agree he's the weakest link on a very average line that is below average on run blocking. If the Packers continue to start him, I don't see accountability and how the coaches get any respect from the players unless Lang and Spitz really suck. Which I do not believe they do.

From my favorite analysts:

Green Bay Packers news | Green Bay Packers loss against Atlanta Falcons came down to two plays | Green Bay Press-Gazette
To me the worst of the lot is Clifton. Not sure how you can be so good at pass blocking and so poor at run blocking. We need to run to the right only.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't think any conscious person could see Colledge as better than Sitton. Must be something else.

Someone said on the postgame bs that the sneak is always to the left and has now been successful 2 out of the last 8 tries.

When Colledge can't even block a guy who is on one knee, it is time for Philbin or MM to bench him. *** Campen.

All he had to do at the 1 yard line is blow some bad breath in his face...Lombardi is still rolling over in his grave. Kramer & Thurston were the backbone of his great offensive line.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is a mystery to me how Daryn Colledge can play the way he does and continue to start.

Colledge cost us 11 points Sunday. If he starts against the 40Whiners Campen/Philbin need to be assigned to a pyschiatrist.:chisux::viksux:

Gravey, Colledge must be the best pass blocker of the group, which is the only justification for him playing. We are a passing team first.
I do agree that without some form of decent run game we will strugggle in the bad weather the next 2 months. Solution: go to 5 wide sets with someone in motion every play. Flea flickers, reverses, etc. sprinkled in with the passing game to keep the defense honest. Rogers will have to pass us to the Championship.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Spitz has been average when he played, so...

And I had hopes for Lang, but he struggled in TC, so I don't know how good he would play...

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Also may have gotten them points with that false start on the 10, gave Rodgers more room to get the ball to his receivers. Hopefully he can learn what was wrong and move on, the OL has been a surprising bright spot this season so we'll see in the coming weeks.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I wish I had a screenshot to show it, but I remember on the 2nd and 1? (the play right before Rodgers fumbled) their RE was on his knee and didn't look ready. We still didn't get push. I'm assuming that's why he checked to the QB draw and went behind Colledge.

OP
OP
Grave

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gravey, Colledge must be the best pass blocker of the group, which is the only justification for him playing. We are a passing team first.
I do agree that without some form of decent run game we will strugggle in the bad weather the next 2 months. Solution: go to 5 wide sets with someone in motion every play. Flea flickers, reverses, etc. sprinkled in with the passing game to keep the defense honest. Rogers will have to pass us to the Championship.

I hope Rodgers lasts that long. Would Wolf put a stumblebum like Colledge in front of his QB?

NO!

Reaction score
I like Colledge simply because he is a leader on that team. If you look at plays that happen down the field and a packer gets piled on he always runs down the field to protect his player but im not to high on his skills

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass blocking is tougher than run blocking and we've been pretty good at that. I don't get why our line can't move anyone on short yardage plays. Coaching???? I've wondered why we didn't get Jagodzinski back as our line coach--he's the only one who really understood the zone blocking schemes, which Atlanta seems to do pretty well with.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Spitz has been average when he played, so...

And I had hopes for Lang, but he struggled in TC, so I don't know how good he would play...

Tramon Williams looked clueless in the preseason, so I don't think you should pay too much attention to training camp stars or duds. It would be interesting to see how Lang would do at L guard.

I don't think Adrian Peterson would do too well behind our present line. It's especially disappointing since McCarthy stated when hired that establishing a power running game was most important.

Members online

Latest posts