Is It Possible That We Are Finally A Run-First Offense?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie Lacy posted his first 100 yard game. The team is averaging 140 rushing yards per game, when they've averaged around 100 yards per game the past three seasons. We are 10th in the league in rushing yards per game and 3rd in the league for yards per attempt at 5.2 yards.

With the loss of both Cobb and Jones for undetermined lengths of time, does this force McCarthy to go with what's working...the run game? I have no illusions that we'd turn the offense over from Rodgers to a rookie RB, but it sure seems like we could start featuring a potent rush attack over the upcoming stretch and possibly beyond.

Jason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they should be if we play called the way we did in the last drive we blow out the ravens for some reason MM went away from the run after Lacey's two opening runs I for one was screaming at the tv too run the ball I don't get it swallow your pride MM and run the ball. We have two good backs thunder and lightning 60-40 run heavy come on go pack go

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if we are yet, but I must have said to my wife fifty times during the game "Am I in the twilight zone, or are we watching our running game and defense win the game for us??"

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as #12 is our Qb we will NEVER be a run first team...EVER. It is nice to finally have a run game tho!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as #12 is our Qb we will NEVER be a run first team...EVER. It is nice to finally have a run game tho!
Actually, we ran on the first two plays yesterday and we've been running a TON on first down this year... successfully.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
After the last two games we are more of a "Field Goal" offense.

yeah, no **** ...... Whom ever has crosby on there fantasy football team has gotten an ton of points from the kicker 2 weeks in a row now. lol....pretty sad that he is our most potent scoring machine of the last two games.

Members online

Latest posts