Is DuJuan Harris our 2013 starting RB???

Is DuJuan Harris our 2013 starting RB?

• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Is he? I believe he is. He did pretty good with the touches he got (much better than Alex Green) and has a much bigger upside than Cedric Benson, and I think we all know the story with James Starks and Ryan Grant.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should be #1 on the depth chart when camp starts, but he's going to get hurt at some point. I don't know if Starks will ever stay healthy and I'm worried that Green's knee at the end of the years means he'll never be reliable. Of Benson, Starks and Green we'll need some backups because even if Harris is the truth, he's going to need plays off.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did basically everything they asked with no real weakness to his game other than knowledge of the playbook which will not be an issue with an off season to study. He was powerful, fast, could catch the ball. MM and his stupid *** packages kept him off the field after success though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A better O line would make Harris a top 15 back in the league.
I think the OL is okay if they're healthy.
He averaged about 5 a pop at San Fran last week... little dude is good.

A better playcalling system, get him 16 carries a game, I think he can average 5 a carry, get him close to 80 yards a game, which by my math translates to over 1,200 yards a season. I think Ryan Grant did that a couple-a-times. But this dude is better.
Can he stay durable though? Can anyone on our team?

Chris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the OL is okay if they're healthy.
He averaged about 5 a pop at San Fran last week... little dude is good.

Can he stay durable though? Can anyone on our team?

It seems like we need a new strength and conditioning team. We've been dealing with a lot of injuries for the last few years. Like more than any other team. I don't know if it's because our players are just injury prone or its the strength and conditioning guys.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Strength staff is great according to MM. The new CBA is to blame. Every other team follows the new CBA but MM chooses to makes excuses for his guys.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pending the draft, I would say yes. However, I think MOST of our draft should be spent on defense and o-line. So, all in all, I say yes.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
It seems like we need a new strength and conditioning team. We've been dealing with a lot of injuries for the last few years. Like more than any other team. I don't know if it's because our players are just injury prone or its the strength and conditioning guys.
Our S&C staff AND coach were recognized as the best in the league in 2011. We haven't changed anything. Please remember that our Staff is known for "protecting the players."

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love to see Harris get that spot, but would also like TT to sign Chris Ivory, he is really underrated, he haven't had the chance to show he's true potential in Saints RB rotation, there's a little Beast Mode in him, and probably won't be that expensive.
If that happened we could have something special, a RUN GAME - WOW!

M

mayo44

He's performed at a level high enough that he should be given every chance to win the starting job and he should be #1 going into camp. He's a very different kind of runner from everyone else on the roster. Nobody else has his burst and his low center of gravity, and he seems to know how to use it.

Stevie DK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's true, it may be a second rounder, would NOT like to spend our pick on that, but still i don't see any RB coming out of the draft better than him, they very well be in 1-2 or years, but who knows.

We do have the option of trading Tramon to the Saints, they would be stoked and a real steal :D

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
That's true, it may be a second rounder, would NOT like to spend our pick on that, but still i don't see any RB coming out of the draft better than him, they very well be in 1-2 or years, but who knows.

We do have the option of trading Tramon to the Saints, they would be stoked and a real steal :D
You wouldn't laugh if he got a pick 6 against us in a playoff game.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but would also like TT to sign Chris Ivory, he is really underrated, he haven't had the chance to show he's true potential in Saints RB rotation, there's a little Beast Mode in him, and probably won't be that expensive.
If that happened we could have something special, a RUN GAME - WOW!
Would love that too... but New Orleans likes him a lot.
I think they'd let Pierre Thomas go before him, at this point.

But we already had sometime good in Harris... and McCarthy kept him on the sideline anyway in our most important half of football, last week at this time.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
A better O line would make Harris a top 15 back in the league.

That can be said for almost any half decent RB in the league.

I hope he's part of our backfield, but I hope he's not the only part of our backfield. I think we should draft a RB within the 2-3 rounds.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think he is the favorite. I'm sure he will have some new comp in camp though

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there is a lot of competition unless the Packers draft somebody (hoping for Eddie Lacy)... Alex Green doesn't seem to be explosive, Ryan Grant more than likely won't be back and Cedric Benson is old. Harris is the starter as of today.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, fun rushing fact: The four remaining teams in the playoffs are in the top 11 rushing teams in the league. The Patriots are #2 in the league in rushing attempts. The Packers need a running threat to take some pressure off of Rodgers. A running game would spread defenses and make the play action more effective. The run game has to get better in 2013.

jamie97520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this a lot. I thought Dejuan was one of our most important players in the stratch. He added life and some guts to our performances. If our o-line can improve and make some holes for him i think he can be productive and whether he can stay healthy is TBD.

I saw a mock that had Kenjon Barner going to The Pack and as a Duck fan i would like that. Unless a RB falls to us in the draft and impresses in camp i think Dejuan Harris will be the starting RB next season.

Members online

Latest posts