Is anyone here concerned about our RBs

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget the fact that our line is struggling, am I the only one concerned about our RB depth. If Green continues to fumble or gets banged up again are you guys comfortable with Noah Herron and Vernand Morency. At Fullback we have William Henderson and..........???

I'm concerned this week. Detroit shut down Shaun Alexander. If we can't run Favre is gonna get killed.

I'd like to see what Morency can do!

Reaction score
carlos said:
lets trade for Sam Con Gadp

Any relation to Samkon Gado? :p

I am not so much worried this week as I was last week. Morency should provide Green with some time off, but last week Herron as the backup just didn't cut it.

As long as Herron is #3, and a player with starter talent is #2, I think we should be fine.

However, if Green goes down...... well just pray that he doesn't!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am

Ahman Green, I've heard mixed reviews about thus far, broke 100 in the opener, did squat this past week, but either way hasn't been given the opportunity

Noah Herron, typing his name 2nd on this list upsets/frightens me...he is an undrafted rookie who's game isn't close to polished, even last year when we were dire straights he only got mop up carries

Vernand Morency, I have no clue of his style of running

I said it in BOTH thompson drafts that there is solid talent to be had throughout the draft at that position...Marion Barber, Darren Sproles, Brandon Jacobs, Brian Calhoun, Jerrious Norwood, and so on, I'm not saying these backs would shatter the record books but they'd at least force some competition at the RB position, or potentially overtake green...but not Noah freakin Herron

EDIT: and I just realized how screwed we are for short yardage situations

Reaction score
HtE084, I do agree with you that TT should have done SOMETHING for the spot through the draft, I thought Jacobs would have been a great pick.

Green's lack of production this past Sunday stemmed more from the play of the O-line as opposed to his personal play IMO. Colledge just isn't fit to be a LG in the NFL, and Spitz/Moll are a better tandem. That coupled with Cliffy playing worse than he did against the Bears left a lot to be desired in terms of opening holes.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is definitely a concern. If Green goes down we are going to be in worse shape than last year. Herron isn't an every down back. Morency is a question mark as well. I think Morency would be better than Herron however.

FB is even a bigger concern. Willy skills have really eroded the last few years. He can still catch the ball real well but his days as a solid blocker have passed him by. That's why I didn't understand the Leach thing.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
HtE084, I do agree with you that TT should have done SOMETHING for the spot through the draft, I thought Jacobs would have been a great pick.

Green's lack of production this past Sunday stemmed more from the play of the O-line as opposed to his personal play IMO. Colledge just isn't fit to be a LG in the NFL, and Spitz/Moll are a better tandem. That coupled with Cliffy playing worse than he did against the Bears left a lot to be desired in terms of opening holes.

Semi-off topic...I would've loved Jerrious Norwood where a lot of us on this board wanted Calhoun...Norwood will be a star, I said that in March...

and give Colledge a shot at LT over Chad Clifton, on the logic that, how much worse can it actually get

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
and give Colledge a shot at LT over Chad Clifton, on the logic that, how much worse can it actually get

Oh god no! Colledge looks terrible. I would take a 25% healthy Clifton over a 100% healthy Colledge

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like we have 38 players who have a specific role....and they can return Kicks! But we have absolutly no depth. Hell yeah I'm concerned but if we can't run I guess we don't need a RB.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
It seems like we have 38 players who have a specific role....and they can return Kicks! But we have absolutly no depth. Hell yeah I'm concerned but if we can't run I guess we don't need a RB.

I agree, we do not have real depth at all. We have youth backed up by youth

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Forget the fact that our line is struggling, am I the only one concerned about our RB depth. If Green continues to fumble or gets banged up again are you guys comfortable with Noah Herron and Vernand Morency. At Fullback we have William Henderson and..........???

I'm concerned this week. Detroit shut down Shaun Alexander. If we can't run Favre is gonna get killed.

I'd like to see what Morency can do!

Looking at the box scores for the past 2 weeks, the Lions and Packers stats against the Bears are quite similar. Both gave up almost identical yards to the Bear running backs. In week 1 against Seattle, Detroit did hold Alexander to 51 yards. When you compare the Detroit games, the thing that jumps out is that Seattle averaged less than 10 yards a reception while Chicago had 4 players at 15 or more. So, to open up the running game, Brett needs to test them deep. Detroit will give up a high percentage of passes (Hasselbeck 25/30 210 and Grossman 20/27 289). If Brett can take his time, he can pick them apart.

Another stat that jumps out is that, while Kitna does not throw a lot on INTs, Detroit did put the ball on the ground 3 times in each game. We need to be ready for that and capitalize.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if Ahman can catch the ball, and act like a veteran, we shoud be ok. we have some young guys behind him we dont know much about, but as far as Rbs go(not the line) it starts with Ahman, and so far...not so hot(at least catching)

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am worried about our RBs.
I hope we can find out what Morency is all about.
I don't think Herron is a starter and Green can't carry the whole load.
Hopefully Morency can step up and contribute.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been concerned about the RB's all along, and the situation hasn't gotten any better. Thompson needs to take one on the first day of the draft in April. And maybe another one on the second day.

Maybe Thompson is figuring to build the O-line and defense first, and add running backs later on, because they peak at such an early age.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has happened to Green's hands. He really struggled catching the ball Sunday. That's an important role for him.
By the way, Michael Bennett was available twice this off-season.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
billv said:
What has happened to Green's hands. He really struggled catching the ball Sunday. That's an important role for him.
By the way, Michael Bennett was available twice this off-season.

This is something I've wondered. He dropped just about every screen Favre threw at him. Green used to be good at screens, so this has me worried too.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
so we're supposed to have starters at every position on the depth chart?

At a position like running back I think it's necessary to have a guy who can step in and be somewhat effective...a few years ago we had three, Green in his prime, Davenport I guess you can say in his prime too, and Tony Fisher

(translation, Noah Herron :shock: )

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Bingo!
You almost got it, except we are discussing running backs here.
It would be agreat idea to have a young RB of starter quality kinda like San Diego does to step in if Your #1 goes down.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
tromadz said:

At a position like running back I think it's necessary to have a guy who can step in and be somewhat effective...a few years ago we had three, Green in his prime, Davenport I guess you can say in his prime too, and Tony Fisher

(translation, Noah Herron :shock: )

oh i agree, they need to be able to step up. But stepping up when needed isnt the same as starting, is it? Isnt that called backing up? or spelling?

Who is to say Noah can't? He seems ok, I guess. He can CATCH at least! lol. He got that TD last week. and morency, DO we know ANYTHING about him, except he seems to be an OK returner?

But Ahman is our starter, I'm comfortable with that(if he starts catching like we know he can). Noah seems ok(can catch), and Morency=????

We won't know tooooo much about either one, unless Ahman gets hurt(i hope not!).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts