Is anyone else worried about Hawk?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
BTW - if my points sound as if they are in no order, it is because they aren't. I'm typing in the order that I think, and it is 5 am here, and I just got another mouse in the trap. So if my points don't make the most of sense, I don't mean to be rude or anything bro, I'm just damn tired and paranoid.

nah man, everything is coherent.

on that "let 'em have it." incident you were talking about. i think you might've misunderstood it a bit.

i was under the impression Sanders was frustrated because McCarthy kept giving the offense chances to score after the defense shut them down. that would actually attest to his intensity, if anything.

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Anyone watch the game over?

Hawk was great Saturday. He played just like he did at Ohio State. Always around the ball. He made a couple of nice hits as well.

Hodge played pretty good. He played like a 3rd round pick with potential to be a starter in this league.

GB has a nice future at LB's that for sure.

I guess you missed him getting absolutely torched by Antonio Gates.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CB Charles Woodson..... did nothing.

If you never hear a Corner's name in a game, that means he's doing his job and covering the receiver like a blanket. :D

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
porky88 said:
Anyone watch the game over?

Hawk was great Saturday. He played just like he did at Ohio State. Always around the ball. He made a couple of nice hits as well.

Hodge played pretty good. He played like a 3rd round pick with potential to be a starter in this league.

GB has a nice future at LB's that for sure.

I guess you missed him getting absolutely torched by Antonio Gates.

AJ Hawk is a rookie. Antonio Gates is one of the few game changing players in the league today. They're was no way Hawk was going too cover Gates. That was a welcome too the NFL.

Edit: They're isn't a LB in the NFL that can go one and one against Gates who is the best TE in the league today.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wasnt that like his first or second snap? he stood manamaleuta (or whatever his name is) up on that pass to the flat, even though the numbskull SD announcers gave him NO love whatsoever-in fact saying it was the TE making the hit... which is ridiculous when you watch it again. Solid solid game by the Hawk.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
wasnt that like his first or second snap? he stood manamaleuta (or whatever his name is) up on that pass to the flat, even though the numbskull SD announcers gave him NO love whatsoever-in fact saying it was the TE making the hit... which is ridiculous when you watch it again. Solid solid game by the Hawk.

Solid? No Way! He showed improvement but I think you may be tossing SOLID around a little to freely

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
pack_in_black said:

Solid? No Way! He showed improvement but I think you may be tossing SOLID around a little to freely
forgive me o wise pyledriver....
what i meant was solid solid 1ST GAME IN THE NFL. EVER.
it was preseason-he got good reps & involvement on a lot of plays. He showed noticeable improvement in awareness, agressiveness, technique through the course of one game. For this point in the preseason, for a rookie LB, I think he showed great promise and potential. That's all I ask in the preseason.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pyledriver80 said:
[quote="pack_in_black":3r17l3ma]wasnt that like his first or second snap? he stood manamaleuta (or whatever his name is) up on that pass to the flat, even though the numbskull SD announcers gave him NO love whatsoever-in fact saying it was the TE making the hit... which is ridiculous when you watch it again. Solid solid game by the Hawk.

it was preseason-he got good reps & involvement on a lot of plays. He showed noticeable improvement in awareness, agressiveness, technique through the course of one game. For this point in the preseason, for a rookie LB, I think he showed great promise and potential. That's all I ask in the preseason.[/quote:3r17l3ma]

easy there packinblack... your not allowed to have positive thoughts in here. not with pyle guarding

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
pack_in_black said:
pyledriver80 said:
[quote="pack_in_black":30ovle1v]wasnt that like his first or second snap? he stood manamaleuta (or whatever his name is) up on that pass to the flat, even though the numbskull SD announcers gave him NO love whatsoever-in fact saying it was the TE making the hit... which is ridiculous when you watch it again. Solid solid game by the Hawk.

it was preseason-he got good reps & involvement on a lot of plays. He showed noticeable improvement in awareness, agressiveness, technique through the course of one game. For this point in the preseason, for a rookie LB, I think he showed great promise and potential. That's all I ask in the preseason.

easy there packinblack... your not allowed to have positive thoughts in here. not with pyle guarding[/quote:30ovle1v]

C'mon Packnic, are you really that obsessed. How was I supposed to know what he meant? I thought he meant solid overall. So, let me guess you think he had an All-Pro performance?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry- no idea what that means : ) But i don't think we suck. I'm optimistically looking for a surprise-everyone solid year. we don't suck! we are potentially mediocre!

Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
we are potentially mediocre!

Is that a good thing though? I mean don't get me wrong, but if I have to choose between being mediocre and sucking, I'd choose sucking because a medicore team won't get into the playoffs in the NFC, and it would get us a draft pick in the middle of the pack. Sucking will also not get us into the playoffs in the NFL, but it will get us a higher draft pick, allowing for potentially a greater playmaker.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="pack_in_black":3sdogc9q]we are potentially mediocre!

Is that a good thing though? I mean don't get me wrong, but if I have to choose between being mediocre and sucking, I'd choose sucking because a medicore team won't get into the playoffs in the NFC, and it would get us a draft pick in the middle of the pack. Sucking will also not get us into the playoffs in the NFL, but it will get us a higher draft pick, allowing for potentially a greater playmaker.[/quote:3sdogc9q]nah, I'm just trying to generate some positive energy for this team. seems like every packer fan is angry or depressed cause we aren't dominating everyone. i miss the days when we were happy, can't-bring-us-down packerbackers. just joking about the mediocre thing. I agree, gimme playoffs or a top-5 pick next year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
pack_in_black said:

For his 1st ever game, it was Solid. Not Amazing and not dynamic but a solid debute. He had his great plays and his rookie plays.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[quote="pack_in_black":2t7cmmal]for real- I guess one sloppy, injury-plagued season merits a we-suck attitude. we suck.

tromadz? :-?[/quote:2t7cmmal]

Why would trom change his name? I've been away. He didn't get banned....AGAIN, did he?

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think hawk will be fine once he ajusts to the nfl they will know he is out there and i like hodge to d-line will do fine :D

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
[quote="pack_in_black":26gh9rtp]for real- I guess one sloppy, injury-plagued season merits a we-suck attitude. we suck.

tromadz? :-?

Why would trom change his name? [/quote:26gh9rtp]

I didnt change my name. Pack_in_black is just another intelligent poster you guys have to deal with.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
DePack said:
[quote="pack_in_black":1bhpor4c]for real- I guess one sloppy, injury-plagued season merits a we-suck attitude. we suck.

Why would trom change his name?

I didnt change my name. Pack_in_black is just another intelligent poster you guys have to deal with.[/quote:1bhpor4c]
Agreed- although I've read some of Trom's posts and I'm flattered by the comparison.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I didnt change my name.

It's true. I appolgoize for making the original comparision, but you have to admit your styles are eerily similar.

You should be sending black a personal apology. Accusing someone to be someone else who is new the board is wrong. Especially said person.

Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
tromadz said:
DePack said:
[quote="all about da packers":3d5fpuru][quote="pack_in_black":3d5fpuru]for real- I guess one sloppy, injury-plagued season merits a we-suck attitude. we suck.

Why would trom change his name?

I didnt change my name. Pack_in_black is just another intelligent poster you guys have to deal with.[/quote:3d5fpuru]
Agreed- although I've read some of Trom's posts and I'm flattered by the comparison.[/quote:3d5fpuru]

Tromadz has a fanclub!? :shock:

Members online

Latest posts