Is anyone else watching ESPN right now?

PackersAllDay89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did they seriously just say Jay Cutler is the most gifted QB at throwing the ball down the field?

I'd like a little bit of what they are smoking.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Its playoff game hype don't buy into it. Every sportscaster has to tell lies to make things interesting. Or maybe they feel he is best at throwing the long ball because everything else gets intercepted.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I just hope Rodgers was somehow listening when they said that, lol. We all know how aaron likes to play with something to prove.

OP
OP
PackersAllDay89

PackersAllDay89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unbelievable lol. They beat the Seahawks damnit. I realize it's the pre-game hype but I'm so tired of hearing how Cutler is some elite QB - he's a ridiculous stuck up *** that usually gives up AT LEAST one int. a game.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but then they said Aaron Rodgers is Dan the man WITH legs haha in other words Dan Marino was a poor mans rodgers

OP
OP
PackersAllDay89

PackersAllDay89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and here they go with the comparisons - "The Bears didn't have to win", "The Bears will have confidence because they lost in the last game."

If the Bears didn't have to play I wonder why they didn't sit their starters at any point during the game. Hmmmm..

Once again I know I'm buying in to it but Chicago just really brings out a rage inside of me.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and here they go with the comparisons - "The Bears didn't have to win", "The Bears will have confidence because they lost in the last game."

If the Bears didn't have to play I wonder why they didn't sit their starters at any point during the game. Hmmmm..

Once again I know I'm buying in to it but Chicago just really brings out a rage inside of me.
Its just going to feel that much better when the PACKERS knock them out of the playoffs.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heere's the way I look at ESPN in regards to the Packers.

They loooooooooooooove BrINT Fraud. So much that they just look at his numbers and are in denial of his flaws, blown games and rotten seasons. (Especially this one. His last one.)
So I'm thinking that they must hate the Pack because of what they allegedly did to him. (Making him quit the first time and all that jazz.)
So don't expect any love towards the Pack from ES(We will bend over backwards to kiss Brent's feet)PN any time soon.

OP
OP
PackersAllDay89

PackersAllDay89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please provide the facts for what you are saying.

I want to see something that backs him up as the best downfield passer or the most "gifted" athlete in the league..

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXLq1Vy4llw]YouTube - Jay Cutler Throws Game Losing Interception in Redzone Last Play of the Game vs 49ers[/ame]

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As an earlier poster wrote, ESPN loves Favre so much that they hate the Packers in return. Special example is Chris Berman, who picks against the Packers every single week because of his undying love for Favre.

My dad was in love with Cutler yesterday... then again, he's a Steelers fan who said he was cheering on Atlanta because "they're the underdog."

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please provide the facts for what you are saying.

I want to see something that backs him up as the best downfield passer or the most "gifted" athlete in the league..

"Physically" gifted. Again, this doesn't mean he's the best. You won't see it reflected in stats. But as far as having the "Physical" tools to perform at the quarterback position, he's probably the most gifted. He's got a cannon for an arm (Best in the league), he can run, he's tough to bring down, he's tough in general, he can be very accurate, etc...

And BTW, I cannot believe I'm defending the guy. Ugh... But I won't be a homer and wear the Green and Gold goggles. I hate people like that. I will look at the NFL objectively.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Physically" gifted. Again, this doesn't mean he's the best. You won't see it reflected in stats. But as far as having the "Physical" tools to perform at the quarterback position, he's probably the most gifted. He's got a cannon for an arm (Best in the league), he can run, he's tough to bring down, he's tough in general, he can be very accurate, etc...

And BTW, I cannot believe I'm defending the guy. Ugh... But I won't be a homer and wear the Green and Gold goggles. I hate people like that. I will look at the NFL objectively.

Packers screwed up one year and picked up Bobby Douglas from the Bears, He had a cannon too. 40 yd down and out, bingo. Screen pass 40 yds into the stands,,,no touch.

OP
OP
PackersAllDay89

PackersAllDay89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind negative comments coming the Packs way - in fact I like it because I imagine them watching and getting pumped up about it.

I enjoy looking at the NFL objectively as well, but I really think people are overselling Cutler based on his ability to...well...beat the Seahawks. Almost every game I watch he throws an INT in the red zone - he almost did it yesterday but it was dropped.

I'm not going to sit here and say the Pack is the best always and forever, but we have a good squad and it irks me that Cutler is celebrated as this thing I really don't see him as - an elite QB.

Just my 2 cents, but I guess we will see Sunday who is battle ready. But I'm putting my money on the Pack and Rodgers:happy0005:

McNastywitCheese52

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutler is reminiscent of Favre and hopefully he will live up the legacy and throw a game losing pick tooooo ! I mean I remember back in the day Favre was supposed to be the most gifted passer before every playoff game.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you not see rodgers vs the falcons? Culter would have been sacked 6 times he dont have the legs that Rodgers has. Hes also not as accurate as rodgers EVER. Sure he has a huge arm but Rodgers still throws the deep ball betters so is he the most gifted?? No way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts