Is 4 SB titles more impressive than 13 WC titles to the general public?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been holding this question in all week (very superstitious person). Do you think the 4th Super Bowl title is more impressive to the non-Packer fan out there, or does the 13 World Championship titles still hold more of an impact.

Honestly, I think the 4th SB title means more to non-Packer fans. 12 and now 13 are often looked at as, yeah but..it was before the merger, there were less teams, it was generations ago, and it wasn't called teh sUpER BOwL.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the 13 time World Champion Green Bay Packers (so fun to type, you should try it), but I think I have a point. Feel free to correct away.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To young people the SB means more, but to older people and educated people who enjoy NFL history the 13 means more. imo

hey, I'm only 27 and very much appreciate the 13 NFL Championships...it's getting the idiots out there to except non-Super Bowl Championships as legit that is the biggest pain in the ***

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since 13>4 I would think the 13 will sound awesome to anyone.

Of course the non-Packers fans will argue about how 9 of them don't matter. But that's they're problem.
The NFL recognizes all the champ. wins and that's all that really matters.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm 18 but keep pointing out that while the Steelers have the most Superbowl wins, the Packers have the most championship wins overall in NFL history.

Saint Jack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From an outsiders perspective, I look at it two ways. For the modern state of a franchise I look at Super Bowls (Saints were founded the first Super Bowl, I know a bit hommerish but anyway) and I include the 13 championships when I look at the whole history of the Packers. Shows domminance throught te history of the team.
Just my 2 cents

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
that list is a crock of ****. Its worth less because there were less teams? do team get penalized for not winning anything when it was easy? **** like that ****** me off. Steelers fans just trying to make excuses.

The guy is the biggest troll on the internet I swear. Him and his followers over there. It's so bad I couldn't discuss football there anymore.

Here's another one of his recent threads.. LOL

STEELERS WIN XLV, I GUARANTEE IT!!! - CBSSports.com Message Boards

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you accept that the NFL represents excellence in professional football, then you accept that every NFL Championship is equally important, regardless of the year it is won. Why the league allows talk about the "Super Bowl" era is beyond me. It's a totally artificial, ignorant take on the NFL and its history.

After we've won our 16th Championship it will be a moot point I guess.

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love letting all of the ignorant Steelers fans who say "It's okay, we have 2 more than you!" know that the Packers have now won 13 World Championships hahahhh

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a lot of non packer fans will argue that "their team wasn't around back then" and could have done just as well.. blah ... blah... blah... lol

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a Cowboys fan and he always uses "Five Super Bowls..." and "Our stadium is worth more than your franchise" etc. I like the NFL Championships, but I do not use them. I think if we go by Super Bowls, then we should use it. We NOW HAVE FOUR, so lets just use that and keep motivated to get to #7 in the new RODGERS ERA!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Why not just say the Packers got one super bowl in the millennium era because there are 32 teams now. Packers got all 13 Championships through their history, a great accomplishment for an organization. What I hate is that Steelers are one of the older teams in the league and if they would of won one Championship back then the whole SB argument would be null and void.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, we have 13 now but slamming the guys who played real football in the old days to elevate the modern players is sort of like saying the guys who fought in Vietnam were better than the WWII combat Vets.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
You know, we have 13 now but slamming the guys who played real football in the old days to elevate the modern players is sort of like saying the guys who fought in Vietnam were better than the WWII combat Vets.

WWII doesn't count because Alaska and Hawaii were not states yet, and it was pre-merger. :snack:

Members online

Latest posts