IR Guys not invited to Team Picture, Barnett- Finley pissed on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NickBarnett
Kinda sad... Found out basically IR guys can not be in team picture... It's kinda sad to think.. Just goes you injured yourself you not part

JermichaelF88
@NickBarnett Damn! So that just saying forget the IR players. Disrespect! But its all good someone is going to pay.

NickBarnett
@JermichaelF88 More added motivation !!!

JermichaelF88
We got hurt playing for the team. Its not like we got injury bs'in around.

JermichaelF88
I never trip abt anything, but the way IR players are getting treated not cool..

If Finley is this pissed about the pic, hows he going to feel if they dont get rings? It's up to the Packers if IR guys get a ring or not. If the Packers don't want them in the Team Pic think they want to give them a ring?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the Packers that don't want them on the team pic, or is it NFL policy? I think it's NFL policy.

About rings, if PS guys get rings, IR guys get rings. They'll get rings.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why the hell wouldn't they allow them in the pictures? They are still a part of the team. We don't need discord with the IR guys. The team is going to need them next year.

I hope they give them their rings, I can't imagine them not!

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has to be a NFL thing. I can't see the Packers not involving them just because they got put on IR.

:chisux:

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IR players will get the rings, heck even practice squad gets them! The picture I think are only for players who will suit up!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its a SB pic. not a big deal. They will get their rings if the packers win. They played in a game in the season means you get a ring.

OP
OP
Packerstud

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About rings, if PS guys get rings, IR guys get rings. They'll get rings.

Who said PS guys will get rings?

Jason Wilde from Espn Milwaukee is in the conversation now

jasonjwilde Jason Wilde
by JermichaelF88
So if I understand this, the problem is that the IR guys aren't coming to Dallas until Thursday, and the picture is taken on Tuesday, yes?

Reactions: PWT

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Finley, Barnett feel left out by Packers

The Packers have done a great job overcoming all their key injuries this year.** They could perhaps do a better job making those injured players still feel part of the team. Linebacker Nick Barnett and tight end Jermichael Finley took to Twitter Tuesday to express their disappointment that they won’t be allowed to be part…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Duvlek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree wit kitten. ..

i hope itz nfl policy too, dont want any bad vibes bfo da game, bad enuff dey questioning whether or not rodgers got a concussion ..wonder if da nfl gone review dat play considerin it wuz a helmet to helmet hit as well as a hand to da head of qb which sum otha qbs often get da call for. ..

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Maybe take 2 pics?? One of the entire team, and one of the team thats going to be on the field.

But it sounds like everyone will get a ring regardless.

Thats why Kuhn has one, but apparently doesn't have too much meaning for him.

This one WILL!!!!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it makes sense that the picture of the team is going to be the SUPERBOWL ROSTER, cause that's who's showing up on Super Bowl Sunday!...all those guys will get credit for their contribution, but they weren't around to help us win these last 5 games...just saying! I love those guys and wish them back, but act like a pro...kinda sound like a baby to me

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it would be a big deal to anyone on a Championship team; to be left out, because they weren't on the roster? The game day roster is just a PART of the whole team...just my opinion.

OP
OP
Packerstud

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Update from Barnett

NickBarnett
I was not trying to be a distraction nor was I downing the organization they have done so much for me over last 8 years.. Just saying I was

NickBarnett
Just saying I am sad that it worked out the way it did.. This game is bigger then my feelings and my body of work.. It's about "One Goal"!

I'm sure us fans could change this, email, twit, text or call the Packers. Let them know we want ALL the Pack in the pic.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see your point, it does suck for those guys to not be a part of it...but it is what it is

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Thats pretty harsh, since even though Tauscher was hurt he helped Bulaga. They helped the team if coaches are in the pic, so should be team mates.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who said PS guys will get rings?

Jason Wilde from Espn Milwaukee is in the conversation now

jasonjwilde Jason Wilde
by JermichaelF88
So if I understand this, the problem is that the IR guys aren't coming to Dallas until Thursday, and the picture is taken on Tuesday, yes?
Like rawalabhey said, Kuhn got one being on the Steelers' 05 ps squad.

I really doubt it's a team's choice them being left out of the picture.

Anyone has any answers on this?

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've noticed that the IR guys haven't even seemed all that supportive of the team on Twitter, particularly Grant. It's disappointing, because I would hope they would be giving full support to the players who are playing. As for this, it's just a picture - they shouldn't be making this big of a deal about it.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i agree wit kitten. ..

i hope itz nfl policy too, dont want any bad vibes bfo da game, bad enuff dey questioning whether or not rodgers got a concussion ..wonder if da nfl gone review dat play considerin it wuz a helmet to helmet hit as well as a hand to da head of qb which sum otha qbs often get da call for. ..

Say wha-???

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the other thread (petition to get them in) had an article that said it was due to logistics. They bring the IR guys in on thursday due to lack of proper available facilities in Dallas. Apparently normally isn't a big deal but is escalated with the size of our IR this year. Sucks... I think they should be included, but it's not like we're arbitrarily telling them no.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers explain decision to keep injured players out of photo

We posted a quick story this afternoon on a pair of injured Packers players that were upset by getting left out of the team’s Super Bowl photo. We didn’t think the story would get a lot of traction, but it struck* a chord without enough Packers fans that the team felt it was necessary to…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Reactions: PWT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts