Interesting... Very!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
For once I hope the "experts" are right.

I thought we were the experts. :lol:

Don't be fooled, we ARE the experts. Why do you think they frequent this forum as guests? :D

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
For once I hope the "experts" are right.

I thought we were the experts. :lol:

I don't know if any of us are experts, but this forum has a lot of knowledgeable posters that I enjoy reading. :thumbsup:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Harmon Forecast
Week 1 - Thursday, Sep. 8, 2005

New England 24 Oakland 7 -- New England was solid on both offense and defense last season en route to another Super Bowl victory, but the team has experienced many offseason changes, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Oakland, which had one of the league's worst defenses, will look to make an early-season statement by slowing down Tom Brady and company.

Final Score was 30-20 Patriots - sorta a No-Brainer, really - IPBprez

Week 1 - Sunday, Sep. 11, 2005
*Washington 14 Chicago 7 -- Both the Bears and the Redskins struggled offensively last season, and all signs point to a low-scoring affair when these two teams clash on opening weekend. The affects of QB Rex Grossman's injured ankle and rookie first-round RB Cedric Benson's holdout will likely spell doom for Chicago, whose offense ranked the lowest of any team in 2004.

Cincinnati 21 *Cleveland 10 -- The Bengals had a hard time stopping the run last season, but the Browns had a hard time generating offense on the ground ... or in the air for that matter. Cleveland led the AFC in lost fumbles and Cincinnati was one of the conference's better teams at recovering them. Home-field advantage will play an important role for the Browns.

Denver 17 *Miami 14 -- Miami has many questions on offense entering its season-opener at Dolphins Stadium, particularly at quarterback, running back and on the offensive line, which was one of the league's least effective units in 2004. Miami will need to force turnovers and play aggressive defense if it hopes to have any chance against one of the league's top rushing teams in Denver.

*Buffalo 28 Houston 17 -- The Bills possess one of the league's stingiest defenses, which should be enough to slow down the Texans, a team that continues to slowly mature on offense. Buffalo was strong against the run and the pass, and forced a conference-best 39 turnovers last season. RB Willis MaGahee's ability to move the chains will be the difference against Houston.

New Orleans 18, *Carolina 14 -- Carolina has established itself as a team that makes big plays on defense. The Panthers led the NFL with 38 takeaways, but New Orleans is equal to the task defensively with a league-leading 20 fumble recoveries in 2004. Both teams are strong against the pass, which could result in an emphasis on the run, which favors the Saints.

The Saints beating the Panthers? Ya kiddin' me, right?

*Kansas City 31 N.Y. Jets 10 -- The Chiefs possess the league's top offensive attack. If RBs Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson don't hurt you, TE Tony Gonzalez will. Kansas City spent the offseason improving its woeful defense, which may need time to gel. This will be QB Chad Pennington's first opportunity to show that his rebuilt shoulder will not affect the Jets' chances of winning.

I like the Jets to upset - it'll be a sneak attack, totally.
The Jets upgraded just about everything this year and Pennington's healthy again!

Seattle 21 *Jacksonville 17 -- Mike Holmgren's offensive unit is as good as any in the NFC, but his receivers drop a lot of passes. Seattle spent its offseason trying to upgrade a defense that ranked 26 in the NFL. Jacksonville has home-field advantage, which is crucial. However, question marks hover over RB Fred Taylor, who needs to show that he's ready to go when the whistle blows.

*Minnesota 24 Tampa Bay 10 -- This is QB Duante Culpepper's first opportunity to show that he can produce without the services of WR Randy Moss. Minnesota will be expecting a lot of production from rookie Troy Williamson and veteran Nate Burleson. The Bucs' injury-riddled offensive line will need to open up holes for rookie RB Carnell "Cadillac" Williams in they have any chance at all.

*Pittsburgh 21 Tennessee 7 -- The Titans were forced to release several quality players in cost-cutting moves in the offseason. This could have an impact early on in the season as Tennessee looks to establish chemistry with a host of new starters. Pittsburgh WR Hines Ward's role on the offense is crucial, but its the team's top-ranked defense that will play the biggest role in the season-opener.

*N.Y. Giants 14 Arizona 10 -- Many believe that Dennis Green has the Cardinals heading in the right direction. However, Arizona will have its hands full against QB Eli Manning and company at Giants Stadium. New York's passing attack was much improved in the final six weeks of the 2004 regular season, which is indicative of Manning's growth at his position.

*San Diego 24 Dallas 14 -- The Chargers were the league's biggest surprise last season, but they are now a known commodity. QB Drew Brees played well above expectations, which made life easier for RB Ladainian Tomlinson. San Diego also did a good job of limiting turnovers. Bill Parcells will demand much more from his team following last season's unspectacular performance.

Green Bay 31 *Detroit 28 -- The Packers will showcase two new guards, who need to open up holes for Green Bay's feared running attack. QB Brett Favre's ability to improvise, coupled with his renewed emphasize on health and fitness, could play a big role in this game. Detroit's young receiving core will have an opportunity to showcase its skills against the Packs' woeful defensive backfield.

St. Louis 21 *San Francisco 7 -- Niners rookie QB Alex Smith, the league's top overall draft pick, will be waiting in the wings if Tim Rattay fails. If given the opportunity, Smith will be learning on the job on a team that isn't very good. The Rams' starting offensive unit looked really good in the preseason, and will look to carry that over in Week 1. Both teams are prone to turning the ball over.

Indianapolis 35 *Baltimore 21 -- The key offensive components are back for Indianapolis, which generated 6,332 yards off net offense last season. Colts QB Peyton Manning's ability to engineer drives that finish with an endzone dance should overpower the Ravens' aggressive defense, led by LB Ray Lewis. Having Jamal Lewis in camp and ready to roll will be a nice benefit for Baltimore.

Week 1 - Monday, Sep. 12, 2005
*Atlanta 24 Philadelphia 21 -- Eagles WR Terrell Owens' unhappiness may have an affect on the team's offensive chemistry, which could result in a less-than-stellar performance. QB Donovan McNabb will look to prove that his impact is more crucial to the Eagles' attack. This will be an equally pivotal game for Falcons' QB Michael Vick, whose ability to run the ball contributed to Atlanta's successful rushing attack in 2004.

=====================================

I just can't believe he's pickin' the falcons to ride herd on TO - Bad move!
We'll see - it's a MNF-er.... should be fun!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Embarking on a new spiritual trek with Week 1 picks
When you last left the Zen Zone, it had reached the summit, finishing the playoffs with an 8-3 record straight up and 7-4 against the spread, including 3-0 straight up and 3-0 ATS in the AFC and NFC titles games and Super Bowl.
But while sipping tea in a Tibetan teahouse and enjoying the fruits of my prognostications, a nervous peace settled in, probably the same feeling Patriots coach Bill Belichick got immediately after beating Philadelphia in Super Bowl XXXIX and then shifting his thoughts to the 2005 season.

"Success is fleeting. Your work is never done," whispered a Buddhist monk.

Then, the monk admonished my regular-season record, particularly my mark against the spread.

"You barely beat Sean Salisbury's straight-up mark last year. If I had wagered with a reputable betting parlor, I would have lost everything I owned

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints beating the Panthers? Ya kiddin' me, right?

It would not surprise me in the least bit to see the Saints win this game. Remember what the Packers did in Charlotte last year, and that was when the Panthers were at full strength.

Members online

Latest posts