Interesting Read from JS Online ...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can he adjust if the receivers don't get open in time, and when they do, they drop the ball?

He's not a God, that's why he's not going to be perfect everytime. And the adjustments are made by the coaches. And I believe they have done that. We're not playing like we did against chicago anymore. But we're not going to just play short routes, because we don't have a running game to back that plan up! We need to throw the ball deep sometimes, at least to keep defenses safe, and more important, to keep our offense in the game. Unless our D starts to give up only 10 points per game, instead of the 20s they have been giving so far.
I agree packerRS I think you guys are blessed to have him. replaceing a legend has to be tough but he has all the tools in my book. You guys want T-Jack and Sage for him? I would trade in a minute.:jester:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree packerRS I think you guys are blessed to have him. replaceing a legend has to be tough but he has all the tools in my book. You guys want T-Jack and Sage for him? I would trade in a minute.:jester:
Today he played amazingly well, until he fumbled. Then, he was terrible. He utilized his checkdowns very well today, and the OL gave him a second more to let plays develop, and it paid out, with some key throws to first downs.

If we had a running game, we would only be seeing his best traits. My take on him right now, is that he's not an elite QB. He won't win you a game, all by himself, when everything else is falling apart. And in rare occasions he's going to cost you games. But give him a FUNCTIONAL supporting cast, and he'll lead you far. I'm not talking about great D, great running game. I'm talking functional.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Flacco is another guy that can put a team on his back. I like watching Rodgers but it seems the Pack play their games at the same time and so i don't get to watch him alot. He wil;l take you to the promised land with some help.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to switch to the vikings forum and listen to those yahoo's brag about todays game. It was an ugly win and I think most should be quiet as a church mouse but they won't be.If I hear any superbowl talk I may vommit though after todays game.

OP
OP
Quientus

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Time to switch to the vikings forum and listen to those yahoo's brag about todays game. It was an ugly win and I think most should be quiet as a church mouse but they won't be.If I hear any superbowl talk I may vommit though after todays game.

Agreed that it wasn't pretty in the fourth quarter ... - However, still ... gotta give props to young Flacco ... that "kid" hung in there and even while being pounded endlessly - he still managed to throw the ball on target ... - Ravens sure do have a potential "Super-Star" in the makings in Flacco and it was good to see him play ...

But a win is a win ... - huge upside is the offense, that seems to be able to score "at will" (when not being "hampered" by Chilly ...)

Anyways, 5 sacks sustained against the Lions ... would seem to indicate that Rodgers still is having trouble with his "internal" clock ... All though he did to a much better job at using the checkdowns in this game ... - Wonder if McCarthy was yelling in the microphone to him during the game ? ("Check down !!! USE the Check down !!!" - joking)

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre - Minnesota Vikings - Split Statistics - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Take a look at situation 3 year average

September-100.0 rating
October- 84.2
November- 99.5
December- 66.9

Td to int ration is worse in October and December..

Then look at games 1-8..93.6 rating 37 tds and 22 ints
games 9-16..85.7 rating 22 tds and 17 ints

and you might say well last year he was hurt..Yup...But then you look at 07 where he played really well in the later games..so those 2 even them selves out if you ask me.

Go back to 2006 then 2005

It is really obvious that as the season went on he got worse

So, Favre's now played 3 games in October and has the following numbers:
-125 QB Rating
-7 TD's
-1 Interception
-74.93 Completion Percentage
-1 Fourth Quarter Comeback Victory

So, now what? Will the haters continue to post stats from prior years for the remainder of this season? If Favre finishes 12-4 (another winning season), do the haters then sound their usual battle cry that the Vikings won in spite of Favre, not because of him??? It's actually quite comical to watch these types of people peddle their poison.

I am really interested how anybody that has followed NFL football for a reasonable amount of time would feel Brett Favre is a poor NFL QB overall. It really makes no sense - especially this season as Brett's had (2) miracle comebacks ALREADY - some NFL QB's don't have that in their entire careers. So, at some point, rationale minds must prevail. We must notice and see a pattern with regards to Brett Favre that transcends stats - the fact that he wins, and wins more games than he loses, and does it anywhere he goes. It's time to shelve the pride and admit there has been a pattern developing for the past 18 years.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My take on him right now, is that he's not an elite QB. He won't win you a game, all by himself, when everything else is falling apart. And in rare occasions he's going to cost you games. But give him a FUNCTIONAL supporting cast, and he'll lead you far. I'm not talking about great D, great running game. I'm talking functional.

Congratulations! You've now described 90% of all NFL QB's.:happy0005:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great conclusion. So 90% of the QBs in this league, if they have an OK defense, OK OL and OK running game, will win you a SB? So where was GOD Favre those 15 years he didn't won one????

So, it was "lead them far" and now it's "win the Super Bowl"???

Make up yer mind - my time is valuable!:)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So, Favre's now played 3 games in October and has the following numbers:
-125 QB Rating
-7 TD's
-1 Interception
-74.93 Completion Percentage
-1 Fourth Quarter Comeback Victory

So, now what? Will the haters continue to post stats from prior years for the remainder of this season? If Favre finishes 12-4 (another winning season), do the haters then sound their usual battle cry that the Vikings won in spite of Favre, not because of him??? It's actually quite comical to watch these types of people peddle their poison.

I am really interested how anybody that has followed NFL football for a reasonable amount of time would feel Brett Favre is a poor NFL QB overall. It really makes no sense - especially this season as Brett's had (2) miracle comebacks ALREADY - some NFL QB's don't have that in their entire careers. So, at some point, rationale minds must prevail. We must notice and see a pattern with regards to Brett Favre that transcends stats - the fact that he wins, and wins more games than he loses, and does it anywhere he goes. It's time to shelve the pride and admit there has been a pattern developing for the past 18 years.

And even though I seem to say it 100 times a week I will say it again

I WANTED HIM A PACKER, STILL WANT HIM A PACKER...

With that said...

Show me where I said he is a poor q/b?

I am stating FACTS his numbers decline as the seaosn goes on..

Could it very well be that he can not play when it is real cold out? I think so..

So this year he very well could have his best year EVER since he only has to worry about a Chicago game..And MAYBE playoffs in a cold weather city..

I should save this post when people claim I am a hater

Wait I guess I am a "hater" since he is the q.b of a division rival..But I am not a blind homer to say he sucks either

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And even though I seem to say it 100 times a week I will say it again

I WANTED HIM A PACKER, STILL WANT HIM A PACKER...

With that said...

Show me where I said he is a poor q/b?

I am stating FACTS his numbers decline as the seaosn goes on..

Could it very well be that he can not play when it is real cold out? I think so..

So this year he very well could have his best year EVER since he only has to worry about a Chicago game..And MAYBE playoffs in a cold weather city..

I should save this post when people claim I am a hater

Wait I guess I am a "hater" since he is the q.b of a division rival..But I am not a blind homer to say he sucks either

You didn't say Favre sucked, but you perpetuate the myth that leaves the reader to infer from your comments and cherry-picked stats that Favre is a poor quarterback, in the grand scheme of being an NFL QB.

When you list misleading stats - maybe not misleading, but INCOMPLETE, you don't do justice to justice. If you claim Favre sucks in certain months, you should also mention that he rarely has a losing season and rarely misses the playoffs. And, the odds of him having a losing season are basically very remote. And, what is the ultimate goal of an NFL team? To win more games than it loses and make the playoffs. It's all about getting to the dance.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, it was "lead them far" and now it's "win the Super Bowl"???

Make up yer mind - my time is valuable!:)
Let's say go far is go to the NFC C game... Show me the qbs who did it with an above average team. 4 times in 16 years Favre did it. In at least 10 of those years, he had an above average team, to say the least.

And Rodgers is in his 2nd year. It wasn't until his 3rd year he led the team to a Championship game. With arguably a MUCH better team than this. And this season isn't over.
-
I just can't believe how can you delusional thinkers consider Rodgers an average QB when the rest of the league, and every single expert, sees him as an amazing talent. It's probably because he wasn't born in Mississipi, and that nothing that noone ever does is going to be as good as Favre did, huh?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't say Favre sucked, but you perpetuate the myth that leaves the reader to infer from your comments and cherry-picked stats that Favre is a poor quarterback, in the grand scheme of being an NFL QB.

When you list misleading stats - maybe not misleading, but INCOMPLETE, you don't do justice to justice. If you claim Favre sucks in certain months, you should also mention that he rarely has a losing season and rarely misses the playoffs. And, the odds of him having a losing season are basically very remote. And, what is the ultimate goal of an NFL team? To win more games than it loses and make the playoffs. It's all about getting to the dance.
You just did the same with Rodgers!!!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's say go far is go to the NFC C game... Show me the qbs who did it with an above average team. 4 times in 16 years Favre did it. In at least 10 of those years, he had an above average team, to say the least.

And Rodgers is in his 2nd year. It wasn't until his 3rd year he led the team to a Championship game. With arguably a MUCH better team than this. And this season isn't over.
-
I just can't believe how can you delusional thinkers consider Rodgers an average QB when the rest of the league, and every single expert, sees him as an amazing talent. It's probably because he wasn't born in Mississipi, and that nothing that noone ever does is going to be as good as Favre did, huh?

You just don't get it, do you??? I am NOT degrading Rodgers, nor is he even the center piece of my argument. Rarely and possibly never, do I ever downgrade what somebody else has to make what I have look better or more acceptable. I don't care about perception - I care about facts. And, facts show that Brett Fave wins more games than he loses. You can say he's played on above-average teams, but after 17.whatever seasons, you should begin to see a pattern that has developed. Brett Favre is a very good NFL QB. A healthy Brett Favre is among the best to have ever practiced his trade. And, I don't care where he plays now. I got over it and in doing so have accepted and embraced Aaron Rodgers and think he is a good NFL QB. Is he Brett Favre? C'mon - there was and will never be another BF - that wouldn't be fair to Rodgers.

Live and let die.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You just don't get it, do you??? I am NOT degrading Rodgers, nor is he even the center piece of my argument. Rarely and possibly never, do I ever downgrade what somebody else has to make what I have look better or more acceptable. I don't care about perception - I care about facts. And, facts show that Brett Fave wins more games than he loses. You can say he's played on above-average teams, but after 17.whatever seasons, you should begin to see a pattern that has developed. Brett Favre is a very good NFL QB. A healthy Brett Favre is among the best to have ever practiced his trade. And, I don't care where he plays now. I got over it and in doing so have accepted and embraced Aaron Rodgers and think he is a good NFL QB. Is he Brett Favre? C'mon - there was and will never be another BF - that wouldn't be fair to Rodgers.

Live and let die.
You did degraded Rodgers before... But I totally agree with your post. I NEVER said Favre was a bad QB. I did say he was washed up, which is a TOTALLY different statement. Or would you say that he's as good as he was 94-99? I think he's playing better than he did in mid 2000's, but I wouldn't consider him an elite QB right now, though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When you list misleading stats - maybe not misleading, but INCOMPLETE, you don't do justice to justice.

LOL @ you nit picking

This is what you might have missed..

Originally Posted by Skol guy
Everybody thinks brett will have a late season collapse and he might but the man has looked great so far .
So what I did is gave out the stats of what he has done..Cuz that is what Skol was questioning!!!! WOW...LOL

I did do what you asked though..Not in GRAND detail but I did provide them..

Then gave stats for last 8 games..

Which is offering evidence that as season goes on he gets worse...

As far as not offering up how his teams still won, and still made playoffs..
Well DUHHHH....I think for the majority of football fans KNEW this

Where as majority of football fans probably were not aware of how his numbers declined in later weeks

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL @ you nit picking

This is what you might have missed..

So what I did is gave out the stats of what he has done..Cuz that is what Skol was questioning!!!! WOW...LOL

I did do what you asked though..Not in GRAND detail but I did provide them..

Then gave stats for last 8 games..

Which is offering evidence that as season goes on he gets worse...

As far as not offering up how his teams still won, and still made playoffs..
Well DUHHHH....I think for the majority of football fans KNEW this

Where as majority of football fans probably were not aware of how his numbers declined in later weeks
breaking out the crystal ball for us viking fans for us it is very helpful. Thank you for that so we won't be shocked when he breaks down but so far he ranks top 5 in the league. So we will ride the old broken down has been as far as he will take us. It is so obvious with his 75% comp. that he has nothing left. All those interceptions and very little TD passes the Vikings are the joke of the league with him at the helm. I laugh at those guys that say he is in the lead for league MVP right now and is also frontrunner for comeback player of the league. Those guys on ESPN don't know the stats like Longtimefan so I guess you will be able to tell everybody "I told you so" when his arm falls off. I doubt Teddy and Mike are as convinced as you are otherwise they wouldn't have offerd up 20 million to stay retired. You da man Longtimefan as you know all about Brett and what his future holds.:jester:Sorry about the sarcasm but each week that goes by he seems to look better and better to me. So I will have to see him breakdown before I take your word for it. His numbers are better than Aaron Rodgers to this point so why don't you just sitback and enjoy Brett Favre at his best!Damn he looks good in Purple! Skol Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is 6-0 for the first time ever so maybe you will have to find a bottle of ripple to wash down that crow!

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13-3 Packers exit Brett Favre.............6-10 Aaron Rodgers. Hmmmm I'm just saying.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
breaking out the crystal ball for us viking fans for us it is very helpful. Thank you for that so we won't be shocked when he breaks down but so far he ranks top 5 in the league. So we will ride the old broken down has been as far as he will take us. It is so obvious with his 75% comp. that he has nothing left. All those interceptions and very little TD passes the Vikings are the joke of the league with him at the helm. I laugh at those guys that say he is in the lead for league MVP right now and is also frontrunner for comeback player of the league. Those guys on ESPN don't know the stats like Longtimefan so I guess you will be able to tell everybody "I told you so" when his arm falls off. I doubt Teddy and Mike are as convinced as you are otherwise they wouldn't have offerd up 20 million to stay retired. You da man Longtimefan as you know all about Brett and what his future holds.:jester:Sorry about the sarcasm but each week that goes by he seems to look better and better to me. So I will have to see him breakdown before I take your word for it. His numbers are better than Aaron Rodgers to this point so why don't you just sitback and enjoy Brett Favre at his best!Damn he looks good in Purple! Skol Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, do you have the the reading comprehension level of a 8 year old?

Show me where the I said he was guaranteed to break down..You said you were waiting to see him break down, all I did was show you that the notion that he breaks down was true..

No where did I say he was going to again this year..In fact I said

NEVER put words in my mouth-sarcastic in nature or not..Understood?

Thanks for playing

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys are always talking stats and since those are the most important stats that I can think of I thought I would chime in and let everybody draw their own conclusions. Favre is a proven winner and Aaron Rodgers is not. Rodgers to me looks great but he has to do it on the field and so far he is 9-12 as a starter.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, do you have the the reading comprehension level of a 8 year old?

Show me where the I said he was guaranteed to break down..You said you were waiting to see him break down, all I did was show you that the notion that he breaks down was true..

No where did I say he was going to again this year..In fact I said

NEVER put words in my mouth-sarcastic in nature or not..Understood?

Thanks for playing
11 games inside this year and so far The Vikings still have home-field possibilitys. Sounds like your getting ruffled. All I have heard is about INT's and the second half of the season meltdowns for him. We are not in the second half of the season yet and he has 2 INT's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts