Interesting factoid

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard this somewhere on NFL Network yesterday... Vikings (1-0) at Lions (1-0) Sunday - they have NEVER met each other with undefeated records.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heard this somewhere on NFL Network yesterday... Vikings (1-0) at Lions (1-0) Sunday - they have NEVER met each other with undefeated records.
"Haleys Comet" comes around more often then that happening! :lol:

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackinSteel said:

Why would anyone find that hard to believe. When was the last time the Lions had a winning season?

Plus, you have to give Ex-Viking coach Denny Green some credit. Yep, he had his nose so far up Paul Taglibue's *** that in most seasons we played at Chicago and at Green Bay early in the season. Before the weather got bad. We always played Detroit later in the season during the Green era.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
PackinSteel said:

Why would anyone find that hard to believe. When was the last time the Lions had a winning season?

Plus, you have to give Ex-Viking coach Denny Green some credit. Yep, he had his nose so far up Paul Taglibue's *** that in most seasons we played at Chicago and at Green Bay early in the season. Before the weather got bad. We always played Detroit later in the season during the Green era.
Did i say i found it hard to believe??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I couldn't believe this. This had to be statistically impossible, so I checked.

You know what's funny Vike4life? I went back to 1969, and the Vikings have met the Lions a bunch of times with undefeated records. It's always the Lions that have the loss(es). the exception - '94 and it was the Lions who had the undefeated record and the Vikings lost to the Packers in the previous game.

Vikings fans must really love playing the Lions though. Even in your lean years, you always seem to be able to beat the Lions.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, in case anyone is wondering, I didn't go earlier than '69. But so far, it's true. If anyone wants to go back before '69, be my guest.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it weird that almost everyone is picking the Lions to win this game. I guess it's because of all those **** players on offense. Well wait, actually there are only two, and they both play wide receiver. Other than that, they are the same old Lions, except their defense is even worse.

OP
OP
P

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I find it weird that almost everyone is picking the Lions to win this game. I guess it's because of all those **** players on offense. Well wait, actually there are only two, and they both play wide receiver. Other than that, they are the same old Lions, except their defense is even worse.

Simple reason - because they are playing the Vikings! :roll:

Members online