Inside scoop

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I speak to a journalist who covers the Packers on a regular basis. Today I asked him if there was going to be any surprises and he said "I wouldn't put solid money on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson is cut."

Just throwing that out there.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For as much as we all trash him I'm not sure if I'm ready to see him cut. Maybe I put to much hope in the guy that one day it will come together but maybe that time has passed. It's always hard to see a guy that as a rookie you thought would become solid never really get it, but I guess as Packer fans under the Sherman era we're starting to get a little use to it. Maybe we should trade Ferguson for Rodgers. Our bust for theirs.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that would send a message.

nobody is safe. perform well or you are outta here!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
that would send a message.

nobody is safe. perform well or you are outta here!

It would also send some other strong messages like:

the message that the Packers have given up on the season before it began.

It also would send the message that Ted Thompson is willing to send Brett Favre out there without an adequate offensive line, injury suspect running backs and no depth at WR.

Not messages I hope to be hearing again for the second season in a row.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Driver and Jennings both speak high on Ferguson's leadership and play on special teams. I would think they know atleast a little something about this guy.

He's been a huge disappointment for myself and most likely many others.

I jus don't see it happening.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows? It COULD happen........but this could be another "insider" BS thread like we have seen in the past.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A "journalist friend" ? Come on, by definition, if trom or arrow or zero said that they "wouldn't be surprised" if Fergie got cut, would that be insider info? No, it's someone who does not work for the organization's opinion. No way he goes from #2 WR a week ago to being cut today.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Driver and Jennings both speak high on Ferguson's leadership and play on special teams. I would think they know atleast a little something about this guy.

Zero..

How much are the Packers paying Ferguson to be a "special teams player"?

Just curious.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobodys arguing ferguson isnt overpaid.

which is why it would hurt more to cut him...

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson isn't the most talented, but he always tries to play despite injuries and does perform well on special teams.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Zero2Cool said:

Zero..

How much are the Packers paying Ferguson to be a "special teams player"?

Just curious.

Are you gonna next tell me the sky is blue? Give me a break. Don't waste peoples time with this!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
exactly, and we all know i dont know jack ****.

Trom: I think you say thinks loosely sometimes, but I would not go so far as to say you don't know jack ****. Just to be clear, I have seen you write and post some pretty good stuff, though I have also seen you be off the wall and at times pretty outrageously disrespectful.

Tom: I am beginning to agree about you being a baitor. Are you seriously so ignorant to think that a #3 WR only plays special teams? If so, take your ritalin and trying focusing when watching betweent the commercials :wink:

Cheesey, Cheesey, Cheesey... very punny :D

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
tromadz said:

Trom: I think you say thinks loosely sometimes, but I would not go so far as to say you don't know jack ****. Just to be clear, I have seen you write and post some pretty good stuff, though I have also seen you be off the wall and at times pretty outrageously disrespectful.

Tom: I am beginning to agree about you being a baitor. Are you seriously so ignorant to think that a #3 WR only plays special teams? If so, take your ritalin and trying focusing when watching betweent the commercials :wink:

Bruce, you disappoint me. I thought you were smarter than that.

What I'm saying is that special teams seem to be the only thing that Ferguson's good at because he SUCKS as a WR.

Get it? Therefore, he's a not talent BUM, and he's OVERPAID.

tromadz wrote:

I think that's the most accurate post I've seen on this forum!

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TomAllen said:
Bruce said:
tromadz said:

Bruce, you disappoint me. I thought you were smarter than that.

What I'm saying is that special teams seem to be the only thing that Ferguson's good at because he SUCKS as a WR.

Get it? Therefore, he's a not talent BUM, and he's OVERPAID.

tromadz wrote:

I think that's the most accurate post I've seen on this forum!

Tom: good job of ignoring what I wrote. But life is far too short to get into some pointless debate with someone who obviously has no clue what it takes to get to or play at this level.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson has been around a long time and the truth is he's just not very good. He might be a good leader and a good locker room guy and you have to like that, but I want a guy who can go out and get open and catch the ball. He doesn't do either of those two things with any consistency.

OP
OP
R

recte44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was just the guy's opinion. I'm not saying it's law, but I do trust his opinions (he's high up in a certain publication).

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fergy didn't get cut. (Bet he's relieved!) :wink:
Just goes to show not to believe everything "insiders" tell you. They are just guessing, like we do.

Members online

Latest posts