*Insert Generic "I am New" Title Here*

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
New around these parts... Been a longtime member of football forums, but never joined a team based on before...

So... Help out the new guy. Which members should I stay away from? :D

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Welcome.

I can tell you're going to catch a lot of flak around here. It's okay to be a Favre fan, but you have to be a Pack fan first, or you'll be getting in a lot of arguments here, lol.

OP
OP
Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bring em' on. I can't stand Packer fans who hate Brett... He is kinda... er... stupid sometimes. But our team has one of the classiest fan bases the league has to offer. I am not going to hold grudges or conveniently forget what he has done for our franchise. Brett Favre will ALWAYS... ALWAYS... be a Green Bay Packer.

Plus... I have used this name on forums for 4ish years now. lol

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
We all have our own beliefs about Favre, but you can find those in a few other threads, so I won't get into that here too much. I can tell that you approve of Rodgers, and those are the fans I get most upset with, the ones who hate Rodgers and everything he stands for, just because of what went down with Favre and for no other reason.

That's all I'll say on the matter here. Again, welcome.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
few questions to gauge how this will go

1. what do you think of Aaron Rodgers?

2. Have you ever cheered for the vikings?

3. Do you hate Ted Thompson?

OP
OP
Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Oh yeah... LMAO.. I have nothing against Aaron. LOVE HIM. Wouldn't want any other QB in the league. He has everything I could ever hope or wish for in the Quarterback of the Green Bay Packers.

Didn't see your post before I submitted mine.

1. See above.

2. Uhh... why would I?

3. I love Ted. He is an amazing drafter (I do want to forget Justin Harrell though), and he deserves all the credit in the world as far as where our team stands today.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Bring em' on. I can't stand Packer fans who hate Brett... He is kinda... er... stupid sometimes. But our team has one of the classiest fan bases the league has to offer. I am not going to hold grudges or conveniently forget what he has done for our franchise. Brett Favre will ALWAYS... ALWAYS... be a Green Bay Packer.

Plus... I have used this name on forums for 4ish years now. lol

No team based forums, and BF fan..I'm guessing on OBF for those 4 yrs?

Packers colors are green and gold, Not green and white, or *gasp Purple. If you play on any other team other the Green Bay Packers, pretty much means... Your not a Packer.

* I fall into the category of a Packer fan who has a very strong dislike for Brett, so fair warning. (I'm not alone..but you wanted to be warned.) So I'll avoid any of your posts of loving BF and I'll expect the same.

But welcome to the forum, and I do enjoy talking about the Packer team!

OP
OP
Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Packers colors are green and gold, Not green and white, or *gasp Purple. If you play on any other team other the Green Bay Packers, pretty much means... Your not a Packer.

* I fall into the category of a Packer fan who hates Brett, so fair warning. (I'm not alone..but you wanted to be warned.) So I'll avoid any of your posts of loving BF and I'll expect the same.

I really don't understand how any Packer fan can actually hate Brett Favre. Especially now that he is going to retire and disappear from sight.

He can wear purple, green, orange, blue, or pink.... He can walk down the street in his wrangler crotchless jeans...

But NOTHING... and NOBODY can take away the memories that Brett Favre gave me or any other fan. Some of my happiest moments of being a Packer fan came with Brett Favre as our QB.

And in the end.... Five years from now. Brett Favre will be enshrined in Canton, Ohio... Donning the golden jacket, and unveiling his bust and admittance into the NFL Hall of Fame.

It wasn't with the Jets... or the Vikings, that Brett Favre gained his fame or had one of the greatest careers for a QB in NFL History...

It was, indeed, for the GREEN AND GOLD.

And it will be a tragic sight to see Brett Favre enshrined in the HoF without the support of the fans that got him there.

20, 30, 40 years from now... I will tell stories to my children and grand children... About how I watched Brett play, and how he brought the magic back to Green Bay and to the Packers.

FAVRE 4 EVER

ClayMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score

* I fall into the category of a Packer fan who has a very strong dislike for Brett, so fair warning. (I'm not alone..but you wanted to be warned.) So I'll avoid any of your posts of loving BF and I'll expect the same.

But welcome to the forum, and I do enjoy talking about the Packer team!

I got your back

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
New around these parts... Been a longtime member of football forums, but never joined a team based on before...

Well for starters, based on your response to a post by red4tribe, I would suggest staying away from you.

OP
OP
Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well for starters, based on your response to a post by red4tribe, I would suggest staying away from you.

Holding grudges on an internet forum is unhealthy and unwelcome. If you dislike me, that is fine. But don't spew your hatred wherever you post.

Hatred is a disease, and one that I would rather not catch.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Actually, I don't consider that a Packer related question. Go to the introduce yourself forum.

OP
OP
Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Actually, I don't consider that a Packer related question. Go to the introduce yourself forum.

That... is where this thread is.
This is a discussion on *Insert Generic "I am New" Title Here* within the Introduce Yourself forum, part of the Green Bay Packers Football Community category; Originally Posted by Favre4Ever New around these parts... Been a longtime member of football forums, but never joined a team ...

lol... Hmmm

A little too much scotchy scotchy scotch for someone. :happy0005:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Holding grudges on an internet forum is unhealthy and unwelcome. If you dislike me, that is fine. But don't spew your hatred wherever you post.

Hatred is a disease, and one that I would rather not catch.

Reread your response to another member . You were rude and sarcastic, No hate, I just have the ability to read.

OP
OP
Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Reread your response to another member . You were rude and sarcastic, No hate, I just have the ability to read.

My bad, I didn't realize I had drifted to another forum.

I am naturally sarcastic and have a rather dry sense of humor. And I have X number of posts... Sorry, but I am not going back and finding one that you disapprove of.

Apology accepted. Now I know you are watching for me to slip up though, so I will have to be verrrrry careful around you. lol ;)

And let me reaffirm one point... If you have a problem with me... That's fine. But shoot me a personal message as to why, and I would love to discuss it all with you. Because as rude as you think I may being... You don't seem all that friendly yourself. My PM inbox is always open, though.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ATTN: Favre4Ever

This will be my last post to you. I will PM you In future. You are correct, this is the forum to introduce yourself, your chance to tell
us about yourself. How did you use the opportunity to introduce yourself? Now that is where things get interesting. You made a statement that holding grudges on an internet forum is unhealthy and unwelcome. I can agree with that. So why in the world when you you have the chance to tell us anything about yourself, you don't avail yourself of the chance, but throw out a potentially divisive question----"What members should I watch out for". That is an invitation for people to name names and result in what you claim to be against: Holding grudges on an internet site is unhealthy and unwelcome.

Welcome to the site,

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Okay, here's the guidelines, FOR EVERYONE.

Everyone has their beliefs. If someone loves Favre, as long as he's rational, and it appears that Favre4ever is, it's okay. DO NOT pick on him just because of his name, you will be warned.

On the same note, I strongly suggest that you try to stay away from Favre arguments, Favre4ever. You have to understand that a lot of people got their feelings hurt by the guy, and that him and his family continuing to root against the Packers don't help (see Brittany's twitter, Favre's comments to Julius Peppers).

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I figure as long as everybody keeps it polite, we'll all get along. But things like "Aaron Rodgers and Ted Thompson are losers BWAHAHAHAHAHAH" won't get a positive response...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Even though I can't stand Brent, I'm cool with you liking him. To each their own.
As for any debates on him, well, that's for another time and place which ain't here.

OP
OP
Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ATTN: Favre4Ever

This will be my last post to you. I will PM you In future. You are correct, this is the forum to introduce yourself, your chance to tell
us about yourself. How did you use the opportunity to introduce yourself? Now that is where things get interesting. You made a statement that holding grudges on an internet forum is unhealthy and unwelcome. I can agree with that. So why in the world when you you have the chance to tell us anything about yourself, you don't avail yourself of the chance, but throw out a potentially divisive question----"What members should I watch out for". That is an invitation for people to name names and result in what you claim to be against: Holding grudges on an internet site is unhealthy and unwelcome.

I asked who to stay away from in jest... lol. Like I said, I am new here.. so I am not 100% sure how it operates. But on other forums that I am registered on, there is always a couple crazy, goofy, whacky members who just throw it all out there. And not in a bad way, mind you! I still consider them.. er.. E-Friends? They are good people.. just a little goofy.

Nothing wrong with that. :D In my opinion, anyway.

Welcome to the site,

Welcome to the forum!

Okay, here's the guidelines, FOR EVERYONE.

Everyone has their beliefs. If someone loves Favre, as long as he's rational, and it appears that Favre4ever is, it's okay. DO NOT pick on him just because of his name, you will be warned.

On the same note, I strongly suggest that you try to stay away from Favre arguments, Favre4ever. You have to understand that a lot of people got their feelings hurt by the guy, and that him and his family continuing to root against the Packers don't help (see Brittany's twitter, Favre's comments to Julius Peppers).

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I figure as long as everybody keeps it polite, we'll all get along. But things like "Aaron Rodgers and Ted Thompson are losers BWAHAHAHAHAHAH" won't get a positive response...
Thank you, sir. Has been noted and hopefully helps out in the future. :D

(grabbing pitchforks and torches) ;)

*gets my Colt .45, the most powerful handgun on Earth*

:D

Welcome to the forum.

Even though I can't stand Brent, I'm cool with you liking him. To each their own.
As for any debates on him, well, that's for another time and place which ain't here.

I look forward to those debates... I just don't want to hurt your feelings or anything (bad joke) :)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you, sir. Has been noted and hopefully helps out in the future. :D

*gets my Colt .45, the most powerful handgun on Earth*

:D

I look forward to those debates... I just don't want to hurt your feelings or anything (bad joke) :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2wD5TaMf2k]YouTube - Scarface - Say hello to my little friend[/ame]

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Methinks that we will be seeing a lot of Brett fans showing up over the next year or so. OBF is probably going to get a bit boring, assuming that Brett stays retired this time. And, as they were Brett-men, the Vikings organization no longer has any relevance to their existence.

Many of them will likely rebrand their online identity, though. Just a guess.

So, Packer faithful, brace yer'selves! There's a storm a'comin'!

Welcome to the forum, Favre4ever. Leave your .45 at the door. Try the dip. It's tasty.

Members online

Latest posts