[INJURY] Jason Spitz

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Trainers taped an ice pack around the left quad of rookie left guard Jason Spitz toward the end of Thursday night’s practice.
- Dylan Tomlinson, Post-Crescent of Appleton

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Wasn't Spitz at RG?

While at Louisville Jason played both right and left guard.

I am not sure what MM’s plans are for the 23 year old 313 pound kid. I mean my gosh, when you look at him I say Hoo Raw….. Big kid. Stupid smile.

The amazing thing is that so many NFL scouts thought he should be converted into a center and that may be the plan? But to answer your question… Yes he was penciled in as a rookie starter at R.G. according to what I read.

R.P.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
If they just taped ice on it, it shouldn't be that bad of an injury.

thats what i said (to myself). I was all scared when i clicked on this.

INJURY: Jennings had a headache

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What kills me is that the with the #1's playing against the #1's, I thought that there was an increased chance of our DL getting injured with the cut blocking of the Zone scheme being practiced. Instead, our OL are dropping like flies. WTF?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Sometimes it could just be a sore muscle and not necessarily an injury.

Very true. This doesn't sound too bad at all. It's probably still sore or what not from surgey.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Harris, Spitz return to practice Friday
Cornerback Al Harris returned to practice Friday afternoon after missing the previous two days with a right elbow injury. Rookie Guard Jason Spitz also returned to practice, after bruising his right thigh in practice on Thursday night. Both likely will participate in Saturday’s scrimmage.

— Rob Demovsky, reporter, Green Bay Press-Gazett

No big surprise there

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably an indication of what everybody expects from the production of our OL this year when people are concerned about the health of a rookie.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope that the Pack can stay Healthy this season which was the downfall of 2005

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
Probably an indication of what everybody expects from the production of our OL this year when people are concerned about the health of a rookie.

I guess it comes with the territory when the team is expected to start two rookie guards. It is what it is...I really think these guys will do alright and it will be an upgrade over what the team had going last season on the OL...time will ultimately tell though.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But this season theres no Mike Flanagan and I'm not sure Scott Wells is as skilled as Mike and some other places on the OL scare me but I'm sure they'll do a good job this season

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wells makes you nervous eh? I like him a lot and thought he actually outplayed Flanny last season for the most part. I know that Mike was hurt last year and everything but Scott played well...at least I thought he did anyway.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well its not like I think he's bad I just this Flanagan would do a better job, believe me I have faith in the OL, I have to they protect Favre.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm much more worried about going into the season potentially with two rookie guards. The NFC North teams have some pretty good DT's and they'll have their hands full no doubt.

Members online

Latest posts