Injuries

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
How many season ending injuries have been caused on real grass as opposed to the half grass half rubber chards that most teams have??

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As others have remarked, this team didn't look good BEFORE all the injuries hit. Now I'm only looking forward to the new guys getting experience and the next draft. TT is probably smacking his lips, too.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
retiredgrampa said:
As others have remarked, this team didn't look good BEFORE all the injuries hit. Now I'm only looking forward to the new guys getting experience and the next draft. TT is probably smacking his lips, too.

Nothing related to my question. This team was a lot better before the injuries. No one would say SB contender but atleast a contender for the division.

Injuries on grass/turf/grass-rubber?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've played on the field-turf and sports-turf which are a couple of the new artificial surfaces being used, and they are great! Field turf is the surface on Ford Field. It's actually better than most grass fields I play on because the surface is perfect and uniform.

There's no way to compare those surfaces to turf, which is just a mat on concrete. Ask anyone who's played on different artificial surfaces and they'll agree that field-turf is the best.

Of course there's no question that the best surface is a good natural grass, well rooted field. This is also the most difficult to maintain, as seen with Carolina's field a few years ago. That muddy pitch lead to a ton of injuries as the turf kept tearing up.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed Bobby...The Badger's indoor practice facility has field turf and last winter some of my buddies and I would sneak in there, esp. during crappy weather to get in some running. The surface is very soft, stable, and excellent for strengthening your ankles and legs in general.

Heck, the Badgers track/cross country team was in there a lot (usually booting us out so they could train), and I think they know a thing or two about what's good for training...so my point...field turf is very close to, if not as good as grass.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't the Hutson Center have that field turf too that they practice on?

The funny thing about the field turf, is I often see a bunch of those tiny little black rubber pieces sticking to the sweat on the arms, legs, etc of players kind of like sand on a wet beach.

Members online

Latest posts