Info about Brett Favre.

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To tell you the truth i really dont care anymore if brett retires or if he doesnt. Yes i know he is good and all and still has some left in the tank. But have you seen aaron rodgers play in a REAL football game for the whole game. when he was in college he kicked a** he was the only QB besides Vince young to beat Matt Leinart and USC in there 2 year stint of winnig games and championships. If brett doesnt come back yes i will be sad because i love brett favre but i mean we have Aaron who has excellent arm strength and has a very bright future as an NFL QB.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
ingrate.

you are no packers fan.

just kidding, i understand what you mean.

thanks man i just cant take waiting anymore it is getting old.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine the nerve of that guy daring to suggest that our 1st round pick from last year might not be terrible. :evil:

If Rogers is the starter, he won't throw for 4000 yards, he won't throw 30 TD passes, but he also won't throw 29 INT's. The Packers will try to win with defense, and with a ball-control offense. It might work, it might not. My guess is we'll win more than 4, with a maximum of 8.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers should try to win with defense WITH BRETT FAVRE AS QB.
Brett threw 29 int. last year because he tried to put the whole team on his shoulders and carry them.

There is no difference on what The Packers should be trying to do whether or not Brett comes back.

With a top 5 defense and a healthy offense, Brett wouldn't throw 29 interceptions and we would probably win between 10 and 12 games.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah ----- Figtab is impatient, Brett you must decide NOW! Fig Tab will single handedly ruin your life if he is forced to wait. Hurry Up Hurry Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FigTab's getting mad!!!!!!!!!! Somebody tell Brett and QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
The Packers should try to win with defense WITH BRETT FAVRE AS QB.
Brett threw 29 int. last year because he tried to put the whole team on his shoulders and carry them.

There is no difference on what The Packers should be trying to do whether or not Brett comes back.

With a top 5 defense and a healthy offense, Brett wouldn't throw 29 interceptions and we would probably win between 10 and 12 games.

that is EXACTLY why brett is waiting for the packers to sign a big name. to take some of the weight off his shoulders.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yeah ----- Figtab is impatient, Brett you must decide NOW! Fig Tab will single handedly ruin your life if he is forced to wait. Hurry Up Hurry Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FigTab's getting mad!!!!!!!!!! Somebody tell Brett and QUICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll:

Reaction score
The thing I believe is that it wasn't so much that Brett put the whole team on his shoulders, rather he was forced to. The fact is he lost almost every single playmaker (Driver excluded) to injury. He had nothing. He had to literally make chicken salad out of chicken s**t. And its not so much he failed, its more so the fact that no one could have made this team look like contenders.

route25 said:
If Rogers is the starter, he won't throw for 4000 yards, he won't throw 30 TD passes, but he also won't throw 29 INT's. The Packers will try to win with defense, and with a ball-control offense. It might work, it might not. My guess is we'll win more than 4, with a maximum of 8.

The thing is, MM's new O system is designed more for quick release, average gain. MM runs a lot of slant patterns, where the recievers are BIG, and have position on defenders to get the ball and then try and do something after for more yards. This system might allow Rodgers more success, as he won't have to hoist the ball up, hope for a miracle type of thing. Rather, I forsee Rodgers having problems being able to pick up the proper reads, because he is still only 22 years old. I think he is too green and his major fault will be his inabilty to pick up defences, and make proper 2nd, 3rd, 4th reads. But if he can improve in that aspect with time as the season goes on, he will definitly have a solid career.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett would retire how much salary cap would we gain?

Golf Outing - $50
Beer - $20
Still No Answer From Favre... Priceless
Theres Some Things Money Cant Buy But For Ever Thing Else Theres Mastercard

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great assessment All About Da Packers. It's a good point. Young players that are forced to hit a quick slant often find it hard to hold up if its not there because it's only open for a split second, when the WR has the defender on his back or behind them.

They also fail to see the passing lane as they are focusing on the WR/CB battle. It's what they are taught to do. This will result in alot of INT's from opposing Linebackers.

Having said that, I am not ready to say Rodgers will struggle with it. Maybe he will or maybe he won't but until he is given the chance it's only "speculation" based on your normal young QB.

I just hope the guy does great. He is stepping into some HUGE shoes and these days it seems Packer Nation is very impatient. What a great story it would be.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

You have no idea what i said did you???? read my post agian i said i dont care if he retires or doesnt i am looking towards the future. i never said make your decision brett or make it quick. *******

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I stopped reading when you said "I don't care ANYMORE if Brett comes back or not"

Like you cared at one time but since Brett is taking his time SCREW HIM.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
No, I stopped reading when you said "I don't care ANYMORE if Brett comes back or not"

Like you cared at one time but since Brett is taking his time SCREW HIM.

this is an exceprt from my post: "If brett doesnt come back yes i will be sad because i love brett favre." i still care because he is the "great one" but i mean i think its his time to move on he took to long deciding and the packers shouldnt suffer. if he comes back that would be great but he made it clear if he does its his last season. So lets look at the future. AKA Aaron Rodgers.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont care if Favre comes back or not. Yes I like the guy but this game he is playing with everyone is old, even tho some things have blew out of wack.

ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW MUCH WOULD WE GAIN IN SALARY CAP IF FAVRE RETIRES?

Reaction score
PackerLegend said:

Around 7 million. But it'll do little good now, seeing as we are still a ton under the salary cap. Would've done some good last year though. Ah well, it wasn't worth it if it meant we lost Brett.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
I dont care if Favre comes back or not. Yes I like the guy but this game he is playing with everyone is old, even tho some things have blew out of wack.

I think we would gain about 7 million if not more. but if he retires we still have to pay him his guarenteed money. his total salary this season is about 12 million so if he retires he takes 5 million home.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was my original point. You guys say Brett is "PLAYING A GAME" so who cares if he comes back or not.

Like Brett's doing this for giggles. He is not hurting the team, the team seems fine with his indecision so why do you "NO LONGER CARE"?

Because you are impatient you are going to turn on the guy? Newsflash, Brett could care less about you or me and the agony we go through waiting for his decision. It's a BIG decision for him, its his life.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
That was my original point. You guys say Brett is "PLAYING A GAME" so who cares if he comes back or not.

Like Brett's doing this for giggles. He is not hurting the team, the team seems fine with his indecision so why do you "NO LONGER CARE"?

Because you are impatient you are going to turn on the guy? Newsflash, Brett could care less about you or me and the agony we go through waiting for his decision. It's a BIG decision for him, its his life.

I said it wold be great if he came back i just dont care when he makes his decision anymore i got old to wait so i dont care he can make his decision next year and i wouldnt care <<< now thats being patient

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:

According to the cap page, pre June cap hit is 4,833,333
Post June hit is 7,833,333

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, with all due respect you said "I think its his time to move on he took to long deciding and the packers shouldnt suffer."

Its you saying "He took to long to Decide" not TT or MM or any person on the Packers Roster.

I am just simply saying Brett should not force an important decision for impatient fans or Mark Chmura. The fact that you said you no longer cared ANYMORE implies that you did at one time, but since he took to long to decide, could care less now. That is being very selfish and ungrateful to what Brett has brough tot me and you as fans.

OP
OP
F

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Actually, with all due respect you said "I think its his time to move on he took to long deciding and the packers shouldnt suffer."

Its you saying "He took to long to Decide" not TT or MM or any person on the Packers Roster.

I am just simply saying Brett should not force an important decision for impatient fans or Mark Chmura. The fact that you said you no longer cared ANYMORE implies that you did at one time, but since he took to long to decide, could care less now. That is being very selfish and ungrateful to what Brett has brough tot me and you as fans.

im dropping the subject lets move on....

Latest posts