Indicators favor Steelers...uh oh.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vegas favors the packers
the odds for a 6th seed favor the steelers

Its an interesting concept with all the stats from the start of the post but both these teams are the best 2 teams in the league. Stats show that. Its not clear cut in anyway who has the edge imo.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The problem with stats to me is that you're looking at a glance of a whole season without analyzing the progress each team has made throughout the year. I don't think anybody would argue this team is different than the one from preseason. I think the most amazing stat is the injuries and our record. Who would have predicted this season as we were going along and watching player by player go down?
I can't imagine any single stat from this year that would be relevant at this time. I can tell you that I'm a big fan of toxic differential but again, you can't look at the whole year. If the dirty players on the Steelers decide to head hunt Rodgers and Flynn comes in, we'd be okay to expect a different outcome right?
You have to look at current play. If we get more 20 plus yard plays and more turnovers, it's pretty darned certain we'll win the game.
I tried a little bit to find out who's got better toxic differential between the Packers and Steelers late in the season but had some trouble finding it. Maybe someone with alot of determination would be willing to figure it.
Either way, I like me some Lombardi Trophy coming home this year.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a piece of advice for everyone.

When determining how much stock to put into a stats' related prediction system, check on the guy doing the stats---

This year the prediction system picks the Pittsburgh Steelers to win their sixth franchise Super Bowl and third in the last six years.

Um, this would be our seventh SB. If he can't even get THAT STAT RIGHT.... I really wouldn't worry about the rest of the article.

When they line up Sunday, there is a 50-50 chance they will win, and a 50-50 chance they will lose. Period.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with stats to me is that you're looking at a glance of a whole season without analyzing the progress each team has made throughout the year. I don't think anybody would argue this team is different than the one from preseason. I think the most amazing stat is the injuries and our record. Who would have predicted this season as we were going along and watching player by player go down?
I can't imagine any single stat from this year that would be relevant at this time. I can tell you that I'm a big fan of toxic differential but again, you can't look at the whole year. If the dirty players on the Steelers decide to head hunt Rodgers and Flynn comes in, we'd be okay to expect a different outcome right?
You have to look at current play. If we get more 20 plus yard plays and more turnovers, it's pretty darned certain we'll win the game.
I tried a little bit to find out who's got better toxic differential between the Packers and Steelers late in the season but had some trouble finding it. Maybe someone with alot of determination would be willing to figure it.
Either way, I like me some Lombardi Trophy coming home this year.

I guess the Steelers better watch out for the Packers "dirty" players then. I mean if they head hunt Ben like players have been doing all year we might be in trouble. :drag:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I guess the Steelers better watch out for the Packers "dirty" players then. I mean if they head hunt Ben like players have been doing all year we might be in trouble. :drag:
GB doesn't have dirty players, Steelers have that market covered. You won't have to worry about us throwing illegal crack backs on your team or head hunting your QB.

Advantage Steelers.

Members online

Latest posts