In need of Pack receiver advice

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in big trouble. My fantasy football team employed Tory Holt, Darrell Jackson, and Isaac Bruce as it's starting three receivers. I wavied Bruce last week due to turf toe to pick up Kevin Curtis (the guy that stepped in for him). Now this week Jackson is doubtful with a knee bruise (swelling).

I have benched Jackson and acquired the following three receivers:
Antonio Chatman
Robert Ferguson
Brandon Lloyd

Lloyd has had a decent year so far. But SF is making a change from Tim Rattay to Alex Smith, the rookie, and they are playing Indianapolis who hasn't given up many points all season.

Chatman and Ferguson have a more favorable match-up against NO, but who is better? Who does Brett like better? Who has more big play potential? Who does Brett look for in the red zone?

One of the two must start... right now I'm going with Ferguson. Any inside info from the Packer Backers would be most appreciated. Oh, and the free agent pool is very thin pickin's as one might expect at this time of year.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ferguson has been killing this team for weeks with weak play on the ball. Conversely, Chatman has gained Favres trust and is being employed more regularly in and out of the redzone. I would go with Chatman.

Now, watch...Ferguson shows up and finally realizes his immense potential this week!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually...I would take a flyer on Ferguson. He is a desperate player this week who is anxious to turn it around. I think Brett knows they will need him making plays if they are to compete.

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Now, watch... Ferguson shows up..."

That's the way it always is. But I do appreciate the insight and will follow your advice. All options are far worse than having a healthy Darrell Jackson (especially since Seattle's other starting receiver Bobby Engram is out with cracked ribs - this could've been a big week for Jackson facing a soft St Louis D). Anyway, thanks.

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starting Chatman... hold that thought. I'll ride it out a while and tally the votes before making that final decision.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya know - Fergie "could" (remember I said 'could') have a breakout game against Mike McKenzie... miracles never cease, right?

Just a thought....

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Chatman this week (picked him up myself). I'm hoping he makes it three in a row with a TD because my 3rd round pick, Andre Johnson, is playing awful.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lloyd---SF's go to guy. Sure, Alex Smith, but he's still a better fantasy option than Fergy.

Fergy---#2 to Driver. Has the talent to be a good pocession WR. He'll be a solid #2-3 fantasy WR (at some point, this season...The Q is when).

Chatman---Definatly the 3rd in this bunch. With Murphy out, his value does rise, but not that much. The 3rd in GB isn't much of an option. Who knows, if you want to live and die on TD's...Might be worth a shot, I just don't see the upside with Chat that I see with Fergy and well...lloyd is already a pretty good option, in my opinion.

WR's are still a bit of a crap shoot, baring a few guys...Roll the dice.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chatman has an increased role, he shows he can get open with speed, and i would like to see the pack try it more this sunday...he scored monday night...i'm beginning to like chatman as a reciever even though i didnt at first

Members online

Latest posts