1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Imagine a game...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bruce, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Imagine a game with a combined for 95 points, covering 1,025 yards of ground offensively and scoring on 16 of 22 possessions
  2. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 2 / -2
    That was a great MNF game. Probably the best.
  3. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I rememeber this game. I really loved it. At least the outcome.
  4. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It WAS the MOST entertaining game I have EVER seen.

I would be interested in getting a copy of a tape of this game... ANY ONE?
  5. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I used to have this game on a VHS but can't seem to find it. If I do, I'll let you know.

That was the best MNF game of all-time IMO!
  6. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I remember the game, but not many of the specifics. Thanks for reminding me. One thing you didn't mention that I do seem to remember is Mark Moseley missing a would-be game-winning field goal at the very end.

I also seem to remember that this was the first Monday Night game that had been played in Green Bay for quite some time. It's hard to believe that Monday Night games in Green Bay were rare events for many years there.

P.S. Ryan, when do I get promoted from cheerleader to waterboy? This is getting old.
  7. PackerCoz

PackerCoz Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why don't you go into www.abc.com and see what info you can obtain... Or at least check your local ABC affiliate, and maybe they can get the tape done (or even mailed) to you...

Just some ideas :idea: ...
  8. PackerCoz

PackerCoz Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think it has to do with your number of posts you've made, Greg. Just tryin' to be of help...
  9. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ranks are listed here.
  10. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That was a great game like most of you stated already. The other thing that stuck out for me about that game was a rookie named Darrell Green. I remember seeing a game earlier that year where he chased down Tony Dorsett, and after the Packer game Gerry Ellis was saying how he was worried he would be caught during one of his runs by some fast guy on the Redskins who he seen chase down Dorsett. Hard to believe that guy was still playing 20 years later.

For a guy who grew up during the Devine and Starr era where losing was the norm, that Monday night win against the Redskins was the most entertaining game I ever seen. I think the 89 win against the Bears meant more for me though as I hated the Bears and Ditka more than Gibbs and the Redskins who I respected. Up until the 89 Bears game, the redskin game gave me the most joy. The Super Bowl win in New Orleans finally gave me more joy than the 89 Bears game. But as far as overall games go, that Redskin game was probably the most exciting Packer game from beginning to end.