Imagine a game...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine a game with a combined for 95 points, covering 1,025 yards of ground offensively and scoring on 16 of 22 possessions

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I rememeber this game. I really loved it. At least the outcome.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It WAS the MOST entertaining game I have EVER seen.

I would be interested in getting a copy of a tape of this game... ANY ONE?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to have this game on a VHS but can't seem to find it. If I do, I'll let you know.

That was the best MNF game of all-time IMO!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember the game, but not many of the specifics. Thanks for reminding me. One thing you didn't mention that I do seem to remember is Mark Moseley missing a would-be game-winning field goal at the very end.

I also seem to remember that this was the first Monday Night game that had been played in Green Bay for quite some time. It's hard to believe that Monday Night games in Green Bay were rare events for many years there.

P.S. Ryan, when do I get promoted from cheerleader to waterboy? This is getting old.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a great game like most of you stated already. The other thing that stuck out for me about that game was a rookie named Darrell Green. I remember seeing a game earlier that year where he chased down Tony Dorsett, and after the Packer game Gerry Ellis was saying how he was worried he would be caught during one of his runs by some fast guy on the Redskins who he seen chase down Dorsett. Hard to believe that guy was still playing 20 years later.

For a guy who grew up during the Devine and Starr era where losing was the norm, that Monday night win against the Redskins was the most entertaining game I ever seen. I think the 89 win against the Bears meant more for me though as I hated the Bears and Ditka more than Gibbs and the Redskins who I respected. Up until the 89 Bears game, the redskin game gave me the most joy. The Super Bowl win in New Orleans finally gave me more joy than the 89 Bears game. But as far as overall games go, that Redskin game was probably the most exciting Packer game from beginning to end.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts